• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian7

half joking but it really is a different level of awareness compared to the US. its like how V1lat calls people retards or Xboct said he's ready to rape in his AMA

I really don't think that makes it okay. That's like saying that old people in the US that are racist for whatever reason should be held to a different standard because they were "raised in another time" or whatever copout bullshit.

Artanisix

silver edge is total shit

why doesn't it reduce tiny to pre-ult form, his ulti is a passive right

f this game
HBoYecp.gif

Hylian7

silver edge is total shit

why doesn't it reduce tiny to pre-ult form, his ulti is a passive right

f this game
HBoYecp.gif

The following additional passive abilities are now added to the list of passives disabled with Break: Aftershock, Counter Helix, Great Cleave, Craggy Exterior, Slardar's Bash, Inner Beast, Dragon Blood, Mortal Strike, Degen Aura, Greevil's Greed, Drunken Brawler, Feral Impulse, Shapeshift's Critical Strike, Chaos Strike, Return, Reactive Armor, Curse of Avernus, Natural Order, Empowering Haste, Spell Shield, Thirst, Marksmanship, Precision Aura, Presence of the Dark Lord, Blade Dance, Coup de Grace, Vengeance Aura, Backstab, Headshot, Take Aim, Psi Blades, Geminate Attack, Lunar Blessing, Moon Glaives, Desolate, Jinada, Geostrike, Essence Shift, Fervor, Arcane Aura, Static Field, Heartstopper, Sadist, Overload, Fiery Soul, Untouchable, Null Field, Gravekeeper's Cloak, Spirit Bear's Entangle and Demolish.

Not on the break list breh

whatever happened to WinteR?

I liked his casting :(

Silver Edge is legit. Had a lot of fun using it with LC.

Yeah I crushed a game as LC a few days ago skipping Blink entirely (there was an Axe and BB on the other team). Then again, I was the safelane carry and the team worked around me to secure duel victories so I'm not sure how much of an impact the item actually had.

Sure felt good to initiate with it though.

Artanisix

"Not on the break list breh"

...obviously.

i'm not asking literally why it doesn't work, because that answer is pretty clearly "not coded to disable this passive."

Hylian7

"Not on the break list breh"

...obviously.

i'm not asking literally why it doesn't work, because that answer is pretty clearly "not coded to disable this passive."

On a serious note, I'm actually glad we have a list now rather than just a list compiled by the community. It was always so wonky before what was and wasn't disabled by Doom/whatever.

Man was playing a game with some terrible team mates yesterday. The BM (randomed) that took solo top and became our carry didn't level boar/hawk summon up more than once until lvl 23, where he was finally forced to take the remaining points.

He didn't summon either a boar or hawk for the entirety of the game. At least not that I'm aware of. And boy did he get caught off guard constantly. Even had the audacity to ask for more wards :>

It was an unranked game so I don't know what MMR it was, but as I'm around 5.2k myself It couldn't be too bad. I mean it wasn't like he played like complete garbage either. But he simply didn't use that ability at all.

Calidor

I just learned that Octarine allow you to lifesteal from Blademail proc, and give it a 11 sec cd. I think Octarine users should consider getting a value blademail more often. It's essentially a 100% reflect +25% damage reduction for 4.5 secs on 11 secs cd, seems pretty SIKK

I am going to pioneer the Radiance, Blade Mail, Octarine + Rapier/Refresher WK build
mayatomr_gdlk.gif

I just learned that Octarine allow you to lifesteal from Blademail proc, and give it a 11 sec cd. I think Octarine users should consider getting a value blademail more often. It's essentially a 100% reflect +25% damage reduction for 4.5 secs on 11 secs cd, seems pretty SIKK

DP with octorb and blademail + lotus orb sounds great

shira

Man was playing a game with some terrible team mates yesterday. The BM (randomed) that took solo top and became our carry didn't level boar/hawk summon up more than once until lvl 23, where he was finally forced to take the remaining points.

He didn't summon either a boar or hawk for the entirety of the game. At least not that I'm aware of. And boy did he get caught off guard constantly. Even had the audacity to ask for more wards :>

It was an unranked game so I don't know what MMR it was, but as I'm around 5.2k myself It couldn't be too bad. I mean it wasn't like he played like complete garbage either. But he simply didn't use that ability at all.

Best player on GAF?

Quesa

I don't know if that's enough to consider him 100% racist

No one's 100% racist. It's not a binary state. Racism lives in the subtle jabs people ignore, not the obvious screwups people are indicted on. He doesn't have to be "100% racist."

people like to use shocking words/jokes without meaning them sometimes too.

This is irrelevant. It doesn't matter if he "meant it" or not. If anything, that it meant so little for him to say that, cultural context or not, in the middle of a game says a lot. The fact that it offended has nothing to do with whether he meant it.

No one's 100% racist. It's not a binary state. Racism lives in the subtle jabs people ignore, not the obvious screwups people are indicted on. He doesn't have to be "100% racist."
By that I mean how hylian keeps saying he finds tobi's racism irritating.. does it appear in his casting or his way of being ? Apart from that one time he made a bad racist joke, he doesn't strike me as a racist person at all in his behavior, which is why I'm skeptic about him being racist or not.

DrPizza

Banned

Trickster

Hmm, I'm trying to watch the ASUS ROG Dreamleague S3 through the Dota client. But I can't hear the commentators talking even though I've selected one of the 3 commentators available.

Any obvious reason for this that I'm missing ?

Edit - Voice Volume set to zero, derp a derp

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I want to say LC isn't shit...

But she's shit.

Please icefrog, please.

Give her buffs.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
What happened to Luna in the last few patches that made her complete garbage? She was top tier a few month ago when EE was spamming her, but fell off in what I assume was the physical damage meta. But she still kind of sucks this patch too.

Hylian7

By that I mean how hylian keeps saying he finds tobi's racism irritating.. does it appear in his casting or his way of being ? Apart from that one time he made a bad racist joke, he doesn't strike me as a racist person at all in his behavior, which is why I'm skeptic about him being racist or not.
He is generally an unpleasant person making those kind of "jokes". Remember his Twitter hissy fit he threw over having to cast some Chinese games he didn't care about at a TI? That isn't necessarily racism, but just him being a douche.

Armaros

A big part of playing Nyx (and any 'ganker' really) is knowing who you can and can't kill. When I'm playing Nyx I look at the enemy team and decide my build based off that.

Consider an enemy team that has: PL, Keeper of the Light, OD, Enchantress, and Clock.

I can only really kill Keeper of the Light as a solo Nyx. If I am pretty farmed I have the chance to kill OD. If I get a Dagon I'd have an okay chance to kill Enchantress. Clock and PL are a lost cause.

Nyx is great in team fights, regardless. Get a blink and you have a great initiator.

Nyx biggest impact is being missing from the map. If the enemy team has a Nyx and he is missing, you have to play completely differently. He and +1 can kill most, and if you are a int-support you are unsafe alone. This impact alone makes Nyx good. He even has this impact if he is a decently-leveled support (his killing power comes from levels mostly, not items).

It's also good to learn what heroes you can easily take out of a fight by mana burning them empty.(Necro, WK etc) Also heroes that like building all stat items (skadi etc) are decent mana burn targets even if they aren't int heroes.

mephixto

Banned
People don't play ET in pubs because they keep fucking hitting people when you put them to sleep and then you missed your ult completely.

SO FUCKING ANNOYING
dac15_angry.gif

Use ET ult as counter initiaton or in a middle of the team fight, if you are trying to stomp and ult you are doing it wrong.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I am so unbelievably shit at dota and I will never get better. I've plateaued. If anybody needs me, I'll literally be in the trench for life.
grave.gif

M.D

'This guy is super saiyan 4, but he's got a team full of Krillins"

first time hearing this quote, it deserves an oscar

73V3N

Banned
3 games with people picking alch on my team.

3 games lost cause they all went for battlefury, last one got it at 40 minutes.

e5YuU.gif

DrPizza

Banned
Dropping your tranquils to jungle seems so greedy. Sure, most of the time you won't lose them, but the Axe in Basically Unknown-Empire game 1 would have had blink if he hadn't dropped them and had them destroyed.

It's especially insane to drop them against invis heroes. That wasn't the problem this time, but it could easily have been a Lycan wolf that ate the boots.

Hylian7

Dropping your tranquils to jungle seems so greedy. Sure, most of the time you won't lose them, but the Axe in Basically Unknown-Empire game 1 would have had blink if he hadn't dropped them and had them destroyed.

It's especially insane to drop them against invis heroes. That wasn't the problem this time, but it could easily have been a Lycan wolf that ate the boots.

I always fear doing that just for that reason. So much bad things can happen just because you sat your Tranqs down and someone with an invis rune was right there ready to take/destroy them.

I remember a game a long time ago I had where a Drow was on my team with a Shadow Blade, and the Lifestealer on the other team bought basher, and for some reason had the courier drop it in the middle of a lane, and Drow was invis right there. She destroyed his basher before he could grab it, and the Lifestealer instantly ragequit.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Where is the corgi?

Corgi died when we lost those games yesterday.

Now I am a sad boy.
They need to reinstate break during duel.

I would like this back but she's always had a more fundamental issue of not being able to do anything unless Duel is up, and Duel not being enough to make her self sufficient.

She should be a strong, independent jungler/mid who don't need no support but in her last and current incarnation, she needed her entire team to support her Duels. Like, what is that?

Hylian7

Aghs Duel really kind of sucks and really isn't that great unless you can catch the enemy carry out, and then it just gives him no way to escape. A permanent disable is cool and all, but it really isn't all that practical since you could just get an item and kill them during the duel time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom