• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

Pratfall

anyone elses dota completely broken post patch? My menu moves at like 1fps and everything takes forever to respond.

strange, deleting the test client fixed it.

shira

I think WK Echo Sabre has some potential, maybe Void also.

If Ember's stay in it's insane. Also if you get Octarine it's 3.75s cooldown, makes for some crazy lategame itemization

Blademail op item of this patch. Expect to see 5 man blademails.

you can just buy eul's I guess, late game it makes for some very tactical and timely activations/item purchases

Quesa

Early check in on winrates:

097ae46435.jpg

Funny how Arc Warden's winrate bombed, probably because nobody knows how to play him now that you can't cheese your way to a win.

Axe though, way higher pick rate and win rate.

I think the best heroes for echo sabre are those that:

1. Have high attack damage but low/medium attack speed.
2. Lack an instant slow or stun to keep an enemy close (conversely, echo sabre is partially wasted on heroes that initiate with a disable anyway, like tiny or slark).
3. Could really use the extra mana regen, and optimally have high int to get the best use out of the % based scaling.
4. Already like manmoding and can make use of the extra hp and damage.
5. Are not starved for item slots.

Considering this, I think the best echo sabre buyers are:
doom-penta.gif
Doom: low attack speed, slow keeps people in attack/scorch range
snot.gif
Bristleback: high attack through warpath, slow keeps people in attack/spray/goo range, high int growth scales well with % based mana regen
cry.gif
Undying: high attack through decay, slow keeps people in attack/tombstone range, high int growth scales well with % based mana regen
disappear.gif
Riki: high attack through cloak and dagger, slow keeps people in attack/smoke range
misc-frog.gif
Elder Titan: high attack through astral spirit, slow keeps people in attack/aura range

Acinixys

1. Have high attack damage but low/medium attack speed
2. Could really use the mana regen
3. Lack an instant slow or stun to keep an enemy close
4. Already like manmoding and can make use of the extra hp and damage
5. Are not starved for item slots

Slardar is probably in the top 3. All of these apply to him

kionedrik

doom-penta.gif
Doom: low attack speed, slow keeps people in attack/scorch range
snot.gif
Bristleback: high attack through warpath, slow keeps people in attack/spray/goo range, high int growth scales well with % based mana regen
cry.gif
Undying: high attack through decay, slow keeps people in attack/tombstone range, high int growth scales well with % based mana regen
misc-frog.gif
Elder Titan: high attack through astral spirit, slow keeps people in attack/aura

I'd like to respectfully disagree with all you said. The item seem catered for right click heroes and none of those you listed fit in that category (maybe BB a bit but not fully). All of those heroes are mainly casters with very little to offer in terms of physical damage.
I can see it being good on heroes like CK, WK, Jugg, Slark, Riki, PA, Slardar, etc...

Slardar is probably in the top 3. All of these apply to him

Except #2, but yeah, I think you're right.

I'd like to respectfully disagree with all you said. The item seem catered for right click heroes and none of those you listed fit in that category (maybe BB a bit but not fully). All of those heroes are mainly casters with very little to offer in terms of physical damage.
I can see it being good on heroes like CK, WK, Jugg, Slark, Riki, PA, Slardar, etc...

I think it's going to be very underwhelming for 1-position heroes outside of Tiny. An extra attack every 5 seconds is not that impressive for rightclickers, and the short slow is not worth 2650 gold and an item slot. For comparison, drums is 1k gold cheaper and has better stats. It would be better if you could disassemble it, say for bkb and orchid -> bloodthorn, but as of now its a poorly scaling midgame item that carries dont have room for.

EDIT: Also, I think you're underestimating Elder Titan's midgame punch damage.

kionedrik

I think it's going to be very underwhelming for 1-position heroes outside of Tiny. An extra attack every 5 seconds is not that impressive for rightclickers, and the short slow is not worth 2650 gold and an item slot. For comparison, drums is 1k gold cheaper and has better stats. It would be better if you could disassemble it, say for bkb and orchid -> bloodthorn, but as of now its a poorly scaling midgame item that carries dont have room for.

EDIT: Also, I think you're underestimating Elder Titan's midgame punch damage.

It's not a game winning item by itself but like so many others in that price range allows you to farm and/or fight early. I'm thinking about things like yasha, maelstrom, shadow blade, armlet, etc.
Also, he might have a powerful punch but his place will rarely be in the middle of the fray... your spirit will do everything you do (stomp, damage and armor reduction) so why risk it??

Kard8p3

That sounds good: Diffusal blade (buffed) + Sabre (2x backstab & 2x diffusal).

Plus imagine a roaming Riki with:
- Blight Stone
- Boots of speed
- Orb of Venom
- Wind Lace

Transitioning to:
- Phase
- Echo Sabre
- Diffusal Blade

Finally:
- Skadi
- manta, bkb, whatever

It works: http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2321241398

After playing around with Riki I still think tranquils are a must have. He needs the hp regen and the early armor is good . Last night I had tranqs, blink, echo, Yasha, diffusal, and abyssal.

I think valve was planning a 3 day announcement that includes the patch, pitlord + comic (an artist on posted that he was working on a cover for it) and battle pass.
but they couldn't finish all of it in time before the major qualifiers so they released the patch notes first.
It explains why the banner they used looks like ass.

Quesa

Curious to see who the most-banned heroes in AP will be, and if Dotabuff/yasp will start collecting that data soon.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Only hero i see echo sabre being core on is ursa.

maybe lc, though i still think its better to just build her tanky as fuck.

I really like it on Troll. Also, I can see myself just buying it as a stat stick after core item numero uno on many different heroes. It gives a lot of raw stats and solves the mana issues of many agi/str heroes. Still need to toy with it, but feel like it's going to be great on heroes like Tiny, Riki, Sven and hell I might even just try it randomly on guys who hit hard like Lycan, CK, PA, and co.

inkls

Void echo

and you forgot storm
0a41afbc40668d20c7abbfd1dd1c947b.png

Bringin tha thunder.

I was thinking. The int change (less mana per int) is an indirect storm buff because the regen per int stays the same. And storm being a hero that needs lots of regen per mana it makes his jump range slightly bigger. Its tiny change but i need to calc how big of a difference it is

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
DOTA update said:
Fixed Troll's Berserker Range bonus from 372 to 350.

ROFL, unless they subtly fixed the bug where Troll only has 128 melee attack range, I think they just unwittingly nerfed his ranged form attack to 472 range because they misread the goddam bug reports. Or they worded this poorly and it actually means Ranged to melee form reduces troll's attack range by 350 (which puts his melee at 150). I really hope it's the latter.

So troll now has 128 melee form range and 472 ranged form range (should be 150 and 500) if the note isn't misworded o_O. I need to get on and test to be sure though but if so this is fkn stupid.

EDIT: It looks like the update was poorly worded and it does indeed mean that Troll's ranged ---> melee transition only reduces his range by 350 (rather than 372). So this is effectively fixed.

That was my first thought too, but the forced attack after hitting charge means you will stack stuns/slows. Still not bad as you can double attack again after charge + ult.

I could be wrong about this, but I think you can cancel the second hit. Then when your next attack hits, it still applies the MS/AS slow and you can proc the bash outside of charge stun. Although if the bash procs on the first hit you're still hosed.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty sure some supports and mid will be banning bounty + lich

Top Bottom