• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
patch is out for two days lets at least wait three days before we announce that blademail is broken

giphy.gif

Haven't played a game yet. This patch doesn't appeal to me at all. One (!) hero I enjoy (Sniper) has received direct buffs which is really disappointing for me.

kionedrik

I've been working 70h per week for the last couple of weeks and there's still 3 weeks to go... fuck my life. Hopefully by the time I'm able to play a single game the patch beta phase will be over.

Get well TUSR.

Luna seems like a good pick this patch. Can't help but feel her range is still an issue (Dragon Lance -> Hurricane Pike fixes it but that's a lot of gold and a valuable slot taken up) but otherwise she seems very strong.

Luna seems like a good pick this patch. Can't help but feel her range is still an issue (Dragon Lance -> Hurricane Pike fixes it but that's a lot of gold and a valuable slot taken up) but otherwise she seems very strong.

she's good2go. her agi positioning makes her not as dependent on getting agi items as in days past. You can largely rush a full defensive build (dom, bkb, ac) and deal a shit ton of damage. I'm pretty well pleased.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
NO TECHIES BUFFS

LITTLE TO NOTHING NERCO BUFFS

I HATE THIS GAME

I didn't even realize Bull was banned (RIP).

I know it's not likely, but I'd like to think this was the post that did it.

she's good2go. her agi positioning makes her not as dependent on getting agi items as in days past. You can largely rush a full defensive build (dom, bkb, ac) and deal a shit ton of damage. I'm pretty well pleased.
I didn't think of AC but that makes a surprising amount of sense.

I was wondering what to do against Blade Mail as well but BKB blocks the return damage on Eclipse at least and Satanic can heal vs it. Early game is a bit of a problem though.

Ho shit I didn't even think about Pike on Luna but that sounds legit. 1800 night vision is the main reason why I think it could be good. Pike a creep, Glaive a tower.

Quesa

I'm starting to think the spell damage scaling is actually kinda big for Techies. I got around 5.5% bonus damage by the time I had my scepter in my last game, and that's 791 magic damage per bomb x .75 magic resistance = 593 net damage. That's pretty big, and I think it lead to kills that would have left enemies with a sliver of health otherwise. With aether lens, you're looking at 829 damage x .75 = 621 per mine.

Speaking of which, if they can show modified cooldowns with octarine in the spell tooltips themselves, they should be able to show modified spell damage in spells as well.

i like him a lot, i think he's actually a much stronger roamer/support than he used to be

this guys item build looks cool, i'd def try it out

This guy seems to be running Riki as an offlaner though, not a roaming support?

I do think Diffusal + Echo Sabre seems good on Riki.

I did some quick tests with echo sabre in the demo mode, here are my findings:

-When echo sabre is off cooldown, both your first attack and the bonus attack apply the slow, meaning it's actually a little longer than 0.6 seconds in practice.
-You can 'hold' the bonus attack by pressing the stop key after your first attack. The 'held' attack will still apply the slow. This means you can extend the duration of the slow to 1.2 seconds if you intentionally delay your bonus attack. You can even attack a different target altogether and slow both by 0.6 seconds. Even better, the echo sabre goes on cooldown after the first attack, so if you time it right (i.e. attack a random creep and hold the bonus attack 4 seconds before you initiate) you can hit an enemy with the held attack, and then immediately with a regular echo sabre attack and bonus attack.
-When Riki uses ult with echo sabre off cooldown and there is only one enemy in the aoe, that enemy will be slowed on both the first and second riki ult attacks. If there are multiple enemies in the aoe, a maximum of two get hit by the echo sabre slow on the first riki ult attack.

I don't really know how the delay between the attacks is calculated. Do you get an attack speed buff after the first attack? Is it a set delay? Will your next regular attack be delayed as well or is it independant of the bonus attack?

I was watching Nahaz's patch analysis video. Near the end he categorizes both PA and Bristle as heroes that got a moderate buff. I got disgusted with how wrong that is and just turned it off.

I wouldn't disagree with him there. The Blademail changes make BB stronger. PA I'm not sure on.

Let me clarify. I think Bristle got a pretty big buff (lower damage threshold on extra quill spray is super minor, but item changes to Basher/Abyssal, and addition of Echo Sabre are huge) I think PA got nerfed tremendously. ( Dagger change is definitely a meaningful buff, but Bloodthorn is a nerf to her, Silver Edge buff is a sizeable nerf to her, Blade Mail change is a big nerf to her)

I will admit I'm probably lower MMR than Nahaz, and hey I'm not smart enough to be a stats professor, so there's a pretty big chance that I'm wrong and he's right.

He used to have such good sustain, you could easily contest the lane and get decent last hits without too much trouble unless they were running a very good trilane that was preventing the creeps from getting past their own T1. Even then you could get decent EXP as long as you were mindful of Sentries, and snake a few last hits here and there.

Atlantis

scepter is so good on mirana

What use are you getting out of it? Booty Patrol (RIP) is also a Mirana player and we've been trying to figure out a reason to use it.

Don't want to hop on the "Blademail OP" train quite yet, but it is definitely a frustrating item to face as a support with any kind of AoE.

scepter is so good on mirana

singsing loves it
I thought it was silly reading the notes but it looks powerful in action

I was watching Nahaz's patch analysis video. Near the end he categorizes both PA and Bristle as heroes that got a moderate buff. I got disgusted with how wrong that is and just turned it off.

nahaz smh
Nothing less from a statsman that cant even get proper stats

Kard8p3

He used to have such good sustain, you could easily contest the lane and get decent last hits without too much trouble unless they were running a very good trilane that was preventing the creeps from getting past their own T1. Even then you could get decent EXP as long as you were mindful of Sentries, and snake a few last hits here and there.

http://www.dotabuff.com/players/87109150

He's even better now than he was before.

Top Bottom