• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

What's the thought on Echo Sabre on Slark? Faster attacks to build your stack?

On paper I don't think it's super good, but it's probably viable as a midgame item. No agility and the attack speed is a bit low, so it's not great, but increasing slark's burst could be nice.

Hylian7

Sun Wukong?
fire.gif

Wok

So it it already live on the main client? WTF

What's the thought on Echo Sabre on Slark? Faster attacks to build your stack?

Provides:
+ 10 Strength
+ 10 Intelligence
+ 10 Attack Speed
+ 15 Damage
+ 75% Mana Regeneration

Passive: Causes melee attacks to attack twice in quick succession. Your double attack applies a 0.6 second 100% MS/AS slow. Has a 5 second cooldown.

It sounds great, yeah. So:

Treads > Echo Sabre > Shadow Blade > Silver Edge > BKB > Disassemble into Shadow Blade + (Skadi / Linkens) or go for S&Y > Refresher > Moonshard.

Or the Orchid into Bloodthorn way.

Qvoth

ROFL
Hurricane Spike Active: When used on an enemy, it pushes you both away from each other 450 units each, and allows you to attack that target without range restrictions for 4 attacks for a maximum of 5 seconds

https://gfycat.com/DemandingVerifiableCollie

This would be pretty hard to pull off in a fight that mattered right?

It might be a bit OP for getting picks, but you'd still need very strong vision control, and be in such a strong position that you could tp out without issue and then 4 shot someone.

Kinda fountain hook-esque.

that'll probably be fixed, i mean what's the point of reducing impetus' max distance in the patch then?

I'm pretty sure that means "beyond that distance, Impetus doesn't do anymore damage"

https://yasp.co/matches/2320375958

Tried Echo Sabre and Vanguard -> Abyssal on Bristle was pretty happy with the results.

Treads -> Wand -> Vanguard -> Echo Sabre -> Abyssal. Spare slots as needed based on what the enemy has. Octarine is still good despite the nerf.

Kard8p3

jesus fuck.

definitely keeping my audio levels down from now on :/

Heard a noise and went into the living room to see my sister's dog almost dying bc of heatstroke.

Keep ur pets cool friends!!

Only hero i see echo sabre being core on is ursa.

I think it's bad on Ursa. You're better off getting a Basher still I would think. I would probably even prefer something like the new Silver Edge to getting an Echo Sabre on Ursa. The snare is only like 0.6s long and is a snare rather than an actual stun so if they have any escape mechanics or stuns it means fuck all. I see Sabre being amazing on someone like Troll and probably pretty useful on LC. Other than that situational on anyone who has a Bash or Crit--assuming it can trigger from the extra strike.

Wok

Treads > Orchid > Battlethorn is amazing on Slark (mana, silence, true strike, crits). Completely imba, especially the cast range.

Hylian7

This would be pretty hard to pull off in a fight that mattered right?

It might be a bit OP for getting picks, but you'd still need very strong vision control, and be in such a strong position that you could tp out without issue and then 4 shot someone.

Kinda fountain hook-esque.

Yeah, I'd argue TPing is even kind of pointless in that scenario with the damage cap on Impetus. Just Blink away immediately. You get more attacks out that way instead of having to waste time on a TP.

Yeah, I'd argue TPing is even kind of pointless in that scenario with the damage cap on Impetus. Just Blink away immediately. You get more attacks out that way instead of having to waste time on a TP.

this. i don't understand the point of the TP at all other than style points.

iamblades

I'm kind of enjoying Icefrog going off the deep end the last couple patches.

So much crazy shit has been added to the game since 6.84

G.ZZZ

Sabre seems good on void, especially If u play it as a 3. His bash 's pretty good. Slardar too maybe. Tiny If u go for a semucarry build

Wok

Sabre seems good on void, especially If u play it as a 3. His bash 's pretty good. Slardar too maybe. Tiny If u go for a semucarry build

Early game Void's bash spell has been buffed, might be it. I will try.

I wonder what to build instead of Aghs now that it has been nerfed.

Acinixys

IF lost his god damned mind.

I like it

He doesnt give a FUCK about the current meta/way the game is played

Hes like

bitches heres some shit hope you enjoy xoxo

And then the community goes insane because the changes are so broad

Makes League balancing look like its done my scared old ladies

kionedrik

Armlet of Mordiggian
Unholy Strength now grants 5 armor [?]
Armlet provides 5 armor, this is increased to 10 while active.

I think a lot o people are overlooking how big this change is and how it affects the overall power of strength carries.

The Abyssal Blade change is also interesting, although I don't yet know if I like it or not. It seems clear that the dev team is trying to make it less of a carry item and more of a initiation item, accessible in the mid game.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
That's all well and good, but do it in a custom game. This is god damned Dota 2 not HotS.

Armlet of Mordiggian

I think a lot o people are overlooking how big this change is and how it affects the overall power of strength carries.

The Abyssal Blade change is also interesting, although I don't yet know if I like it or not. It seems clear that the dev team is trying to make it less of a carry item and more of a initiation item, accessible in the mid game.

Yeah I love the armlet change so much. Life Stealer is going to be so strong. Drums are still good on str heroes too AND heroes get more HP per Str point.

I really dislike the concept of the new abyssal tho.

Hylian7

Objective-Based Gaming.

It's like herding cats sometimes. Our CK kept using his illusions to splitpush instead of fighting. We lost right at the end to Clinkz popping BKB and we couldn't do anything about it because the people that could (read: CK) were dead. Bane's ult was on cooldown. Our CK was pretty tilted from minute zero against the Dark Seer, and was just getting caught out all over the place and then not having any farm.

shira

Armlet of Mordiggian

Abyssal Axe
rage.gif
WFgpVhA.png
rage.gif

What's the deal with the range creep xp thing? They wanted to make denying the range creep a really high stakes thing? Or it's just a bonkers buff for lich?

It's like herding cats sometimes. Our CK kept using his illusions to splitpush instead of fighting. We lost right at the end to Clinkz popping BKB and we couldn't do anything about it because the people that could (read: CK) were dead. Bane's ult was on cooldown. Our CK was pretty tilted from minute zero against the Dark Seer, and was just getting caught out all over the place and then not having any farm.

That DS didn't do much though, yea your CK could have accomplished more, but what I was trying to point out was that other than CK nobody was doing Tower Damage. He was right in that you needed to push when you could, just clearly handled it incorrectly. I'm going to guess judging by your explanation odds are if he hadn't been split pushing you probably would have lost worse.

The only thing that the DS gave them a leg-up on was he got a Mek and nobody on your team bothered to do that because nobody knows how to support in this stupid game.

Hylian7

That DS didn't do much though, yea your CK could have accomplished more, but what I was trying to point out was that other than CK nobody was doing Tower Damage. He was right in that you needed to push when you could, just clearly handled it incorrectly. I'm going to guess judging by your explanation odds are if he hadn't been split pushing you probably would have lost worse.

The only thing that the DS gave them a leg-up on was he got a Mek and nobody on your team bothered to do that because nobody knows how to support in this stupid game.
We were winning it early on, and if CK had his illusions in a lot of the earlier teamfights, we would have won faster. Other than him, none of us could really get close to the buildings safely with the rest of their team on the map. I understand hitting objectives, but no damage is still no damage.

Top Bottom