• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

shira

https://twitter.com/BeyondTheSummit/status/726862952767217664 said:
Beyond the Summit
‏@BeyondTheSummit
Talent is starting to trickle in for the #ManilaHub! @LyricalDota and @ZyoriTV just arrived.

it's lit

Russ T

Banned
lmao

i make fun of gaf for the same things per usual, i didn't read any hint of sarcasm or comedy in normalfish's post and i absolutely hate the standard gaf line of "zomg esports is so toxic and hateful!!!!" look around you the real world is just as toxic and hateful is my response (donald trump is one step away from the fucking presidency for christs sake LMAO), the irony of singling out and blasting the video game community's lack of civility on a "civil" video game forum is what gets me everytime, just call bullshit for bullshit and don't categorize "zomg standard ESPORTS bullshit"

i ain't here to be pr police to normalfish, that was not my intention at all, but the meaning/intent behind the words are often lost in translation as my original post, normalfish's post, and your two bozo posts clearly illustrate #theinternet

excusing toxic bullshit in one area of the world just because it's bad in other areas of the world is pretty ignorant, dude

you're essentially tone policing the conversation: "don't talk about this because it annoys me and besides it's just as bad everywhere"

maybe normalfish's (very obviously facetious) post wouldn't have even happened if it weren't for the typical response to these criticisms being like yours - dismissal of the issue as the norm - or, even worse, the shit you see coming out of gamergate that denies it's even a problem at all

how about instead of devoting that anger to whining about people calling out the bullshit, you direct it toward the people being shitbags? that'd be a whole hell of a lot more productive and, well, logical

Vade

Need vape juice that tastes like sour gummy worms, help

wr4xp4Q.jpg

aeolist

Banned
is that vaping shit even regulated yet?

#whatsintheeliquid

the fda is the in the process of making some rules

some doctors don't want many restrictions because it can help people get off tobacco and some do because kids are picking it up really early thanks to the advertising and candy flavors

it's kind of a mess

G.ZZZ

the fda is the in the process of making some rules

some doctors don't want many restrictions because it can help people get off tobacco and some do because kids are picking it up really early thanks to the advertising and candy flavors

it's kind of a mess

Time to ban everything.

No but seriously just make them over 18 only like cigs, at least they are already like that here. Not that many people still smoke, nowadays i only see people smoking their own made cigs.

aeolist

Banned
Time to ban everything.

No but seriously just make them over 18 only like cigs, at least they are already like that here. Not that many people still smoke, nowadays i only see people smoking their own made cigs.

they're also looking at advertising restrictions and mandating certifications for vape equipment

it's probably a good idea because a lot of the cheap rigs will dump heavy metals into your lungs along with vape juice but if they hit it too hard only the big companies will be able to put product on the market and all the indie shops and brands that have sprung up will die

it's more complicated than just age gating it

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I agree with this

But I don't support genocide.

All are welcome under my benevolent mercantile empire
as slaves to the capitalist machine.

i remember when even you abandoned ur peaceful civilization and cultural pursuit to destroy the evil freakinchair with me and alumnus

our horselords and spearmen burned his last city to the ground right as he churned out some tanks LOL

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
i remember when even you abandoned ur peaceful civilization and cultural pursuit to destroy the evil freakinchair with me and alumnus

This fucking slander. You guys ganged up on me out of nowhere!

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
This fucking slander. You three ganged up on me out of nowhere!

na we're talkin diff games bro, we ganged up on you later in a different game but i think that one ended inconclusively i dont remember but you probably deserved it #victimblaming

i just remember us 3 tearing down freakinchair before his science victory when we all had our own separate islands and had to find each other (tomat was in that game too but i killed him because we were on the same island)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
na we're talkin diff games bro, we ganged up on you later in a different game but i think that one ended inconclusively i dont remember but you probably deserved it #victimblaming

i just remember us 3 tearing down freakinchair before his science victory when we all had our own separate islands and had to find each other (tomat was in that game too but i killed him because we were on the same island)

Oh yeah, then I probably did.

I couldn't let some r/atheist memeking win the game.

Artanisix

disgusting

does this game play like civ or can you command armies and shit, i dont really like the civ style of gameplay too much

manfestival

its actually nice to be back a part of this zoo. being banned for a month for some shenanigans hurt but I guess mods around here are just really tough because there are so many people
clock-eyebrow.gif

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
disgusting

does this game play like civ or can you command armies and shit, i dont really like the civ style of gameplay too much

hmm it's difficult to explain how it plays if you haven't played ck2 or EU4. it's very similar to civ but different, the strategy elements are a lot deeper imo (at least i enjoy them more), battles are still auto resolve but you can move around your fleet/armies and assign commanders and the like, organize your forces, etc... (in ck2). compared to civ there's a lot more "flavor" events too that fire off.

it's much more about the grand strategy than individual battles so i guess similar to civ in that regard - i enjoy their games A LOT more than civ though as you see me playing that ck2 all the time

there's some youtube or twitch stream of stellaris that goes on everyday, i've been avoiding it cause i wanna be surprised by the game, but i'm sure someone can link it to you if you're interested

Top Bottom