• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

shira

- 10 teams in 2 groups of 5 teams, play a round-robin (four best of 2's)
- All matches are played best-of-two: 2-0 = 2 points, 1-1 = 1 point, 0-2 loss = 0 points
- The top two teams of each group advance to the Playoffs (Day 3 & 4)
- Only 1 winner per region advances to Manila

A game will always be on the main stream: https://www.twitch.tv/beyondthesummit
Casters, streams, and times may vary

c7vHi3k.png

t1462381200z4.png

10:00 > Digital Chaos vs EverNovaS(Demon stack) > Aysee http://twitch.tv/beyondthesummit3
10:00 > Enemy(BSJ stack) vs Infamous(Atun stack) > Gorgon http://twitch.tv/gotcow

12:30 > Kingdom(Jenkins stack) vs Shazam(Brax stack) > Aysee
12:30 > Not Today(Benjaz stack) vs Dragneel(Mason stack) > Gorgon

15:00 > Digital Chaos vs FDL(Beesa stack) > Aysee
15:00 > EverNovaS vs Enemy > Gorgon

17:30 > Shazam vs Not Today > Basskip http://twitch.tv/basskip
17:30 > Team Freedom(ixmike stack) vs Kingdom > Dragondrop http://hitbox.tv/dragondrop

20:00 > Shazam vs Dragneel > Basskip
20:00 > Not Today vs Freedom > Dragondrop

inkls

I'd much rather have a combination of yasha, mjollnir, dragon lance, diffusal, desolator or hotd than aghs honestly. I'm not saying it's a bad item, all I'm saying is that I'm still not convinced.
And if I saw a potm rushing aghs and I was a core on the other team, you can bet I'd rush BKB and nullify her team fight ability, while still being able to burst her down.

I dont even think rushing bkb is a good idea in the item's current state and with how fast you farm with that aghs I'd wager that she's gonna outfarm you very quickly to a point where she doesn't rely on the burst anymore. Bkb will also not prevent you from being bursted if you get hit by her arrow. Its not like the hero lacks rightclick either, her agi growth is almost 3, I think getting one non-right click dmg item is fine on her.

According to dotabuff, aghs is the 4th most bought item on her (after Power treads, blink, and tp scroll in that order) and she has a 60% winrate with that item, so clearly it must be doing something for her.

her aghs contributes to her burst though because it stores ticks when you're not next to enemies ready to drop on their heads when you leap in.

This is conditional, too, as it requires you to stay away from any enemy (even neutrals in the jungle!) until you're right on top of your target in order to get the max damage

wouldn't veil (re-buff veil) or medullion be safer and cheaper damage amp with armor/stats/regen that's more worth the price?

edit: also veil and solar crest have comparable winrates to aghs

I'd much rather have a combination of yasha, mjollnir, dragon lance, diffusal, desolator or hotd than aghs honestly. I'm not saying it's a bad item, all I'm saying is that I'm still not convinced.
And if I saw a potm rushing aghs and I was a core on the other team, you can bet I'd rush BKB and nullify her team fight ability, while still being able to burst her down.
ya basically, bkb or pipe (buff pipe btw) makes her teamfight presence basically zero for 30 mins as a core if she rushed aghs

inkls

This is conditional, too, as it requires you to stay away from any enemy (even neutrals in the jungle!) until you're right on top of your target in order to get the max damage

Right on top? You need to be 425 units near a target for max damage. Its not melee range. Her attack range is 630, starstorm radius is 650

ya basically, bkb or pipe (buff pipe btw) makes her teamfight presence basically zero for 30 mins as a core if she rushed aghs

Just like invoker right?

Its actually really easy to do and very reliable nuke

wouldn't veil (re-buff veil) or medullion be safer and cheaper damage amp with armor/stats/regen that's more worth the price?
no

edit: also veil and solar crest have comparable winrates to aghs

irrelevant since the item is new, not enough data to compare. also these items doesn't make her flash farm like a maniac and these item are not useful on a core mirana

inkls

invoker has several reliable disables and fire things

deafening blast no longer stuns so you can use bkb or other escape items vs it
cold snap is purgable
tornado doesn't let you take damage other than the tornado damage so popping bkb or using a hero blink once again, real easy

Speaking of him, you realize that the eul's invoker combo does around 1k dmg. Mirana aghs does that same thing on a lower cooldown without even accounting arrow dmg or rightclick

sidegunner is basically geminate attack on a random close-range target right?

it procs all the effects? could you go crazy with mjollnir/daedalus?

I tried it vs. hard bots and slayed with bfly daedalus but that was bots.

random target is bleh

TUSR

Banned
sidegunner is basically geminate attack on a random close-range target right?

it procs all the effects? could you go crazy with mjollnir/daedalus?

I tried it vs. hard bots and slayed with bfly daedalus but that was bots.

random target is bleh
it's awful

not even worth considering

shira

Digg, Empire, Vega all move on to the EU playoffs.

Ad Finem playing VP for the final euro spot. I think VP need a 2-0 to clinch

Red UFO

He lied to make us lament his banning and to make it so we'd be overwhelmed with joy when he returned but it turns out no one cares.

Wok

Ramzes666 just beat the slark gpm record and he built echo sabre.

Where you know slark echo sabre doubters?

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2339386983

Echo sabre synergizes well with basher/abyssal, and having both gives a lot of what Slark loves. However, Echo sabre alone is not as good as getting the old Drums: with Treads/Drums/Aquila, Slark could dive towers for kills, and he had the mana sustain to farm the jungle camps easily as well ; with echo sabre, you only get the second aspect, and the health regen between camps is meh. Anyway, I would get it on any hero that builds a basher.

Fevaweva

The incredulous/sarcastic reactions the analysts have when watching these mediocre to poor pro DOTA 2 matches make them much more entertaining then they should be.

The incredulous/sarcastic reactions the analysts have when watching these mediocre to poor pro DOTA 2 matches make them much more entertaining then they should be.

purge last night was being brutal, talking about how a team didn't even deserve to play in the qualifiers lmao

Top Bottom