• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

manfestival

imo from the pcgamer screenshots it looks too colourful

burn.gif
burn.gif
burn.gif
burn.gif
burn.gif

Hylian7

If I ask for a mute all key on reddit do you think they'll add it

If they take anything else from Reddit, it should be that idea of changing the color palette of Rubick's stolen spells to his colors. Really frustrating when I see two Ice Walls next to each other, and if I didn't see both of them cast, I have to just guess and hope I'm right.

Quesa

The reason I want a mute all key is because the separate voice/text mute options make it harder to drown out jerks and sometimes I just wanna be like "I really dgaf if I win or lose I just need something to do while I listen to this Aes Rock album"

Hylian7

The reason I want a mute all key is because the separate voice/text mute options make it harder to drown out jerks and sometimes I just wanna be like "I really dgaf if I win or lose I just need something to do while I listen to this Aes Rock album"

I think the main concern about a Mute All button would be it's endless abuse like a surrender/forfeit/concede function would be. You're supposed to communicate with teammates to help win the game. With a button like that, you would see more people just immediately hit it every single game.

You can still mute everyone, but the tedious process to mute every single person is there so people just don't automatically hit mute all every time. Occasionally you do get those teammates that say "I've muted everyone, just listen to me and we will win this.", and act like they are in charge and are insufferable.

Quesa

I think the main concern about a Mute All button would be it's endless abuse like a surrender/forfeit/concede function would be. You're supposed to communicate with teammates to help win the game. With a button like that, you would see more people just immediately hit it every single game.

You can still mute everyone, but the tedious process to mute every single person is there so people just don't automatically hit mute all every time. Occasionally you do get those teammates that say "I've muted everyone, just listen to me and we will win this.", and act like they are in charge and are insufferable.

That's fair, and honestly I could see myself becoming one of those people. But sometimes the trade off isn't worth it to me. A single comment can put you on tilt, and by that time the damage is done.

Maybe a setting like "automatically mute players who've been reported before" might work.

Hylian7

That's fair, and honestly I could see myself becoming one of those people. But sometimes the trade off isn't worth it to me. A single comment can put you on tilt, and by that time the damage is done.

Maybe a setting like "automatically mute players who've been reported before" might work.

Remember that your mutes are tied to the player rather than the slot in the game they occupy, meaning that if you see them in another game and muted them in a previous game, they will still be muted.

Also of course if they got reported enough, and it was legitimate, they could have gotten muted.

If they take anything else from Reddit, it should be that idea of changing the color palette of Rubick's stolen spells to his colors. Really frustrating when I see two Ice Walls next to each other, and if I didn't see both of them cast, I have to just guess and hope I'm right.

That's by design. If they colored Rubick's versions differently you would know which one to avoid, and it makes Rubick a bit less effective. From a style perspective it's an awesome change, but it means any AoE that Rubick steals and casts becomes slightly less effective. On the topic of Reddit Idea's, this one's pretty solid.

Acinixys

The biggest issue plaguing the game is how the courier prioritizes and delivers items

For example

If you have an Iron Branch as well as a Shadow Blade on the courier, but only one open inventory slot, you will WITHOUT FAIL be given the branch

This needs to be fixed

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
overrrrrrrrrrrrrwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatch thoooooooooooooooooooo

Man having all my friends playing finally. TOO MANY FUNS!

Not sure if it was a glitch or working as intended but I saw a single dagger 1 shot 4 different heroes because apparently it gains Battlefury's cleave.

It matches your right click effects, on top of the damage (up to 70%!). It includes crits and cleave. I think it's a decent buff.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Looking at the Battleborn page on Twitch, and seeing all of the still-frame images of the game being played illustrates why that game is such a visual disaster. Gearbox threw every damn color in the rainbow into that game and turned it into an obfuscated mess.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
i didnt even notice PA's dagger isnt pure anymore

thats such a ridiculous nerf

icetoad needs to make it like 50/60/70/80% attack damage (rather than 25/40/55/70%), it feels really bad in the laning stage now.the lategame buff is nice, but it shouldn't have come at the cost of an early game nerf for a hero like pa lol

LiQuid!

Love those games where your gang of noobs throws their bodies at the dual-Bastion and Torbjorn on defense for nearly ten full minutes and then the guy who is so bad at Dota we ousted him from our group and made him literally uninstall the game because he was so bad turns out to be game-winning at Overwatch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH-qzaew-ts

icetoad needs to make it like 50/60/70/80% attack damage (rather than 25/40/55/70%), it feels really bad in the laning stage now.the lategame buff is nice, but it shouldn't have come at the cost of an early game nerf for a hero like pa lol

People would just value point it then and PA would leapfrog from not good enough in lane to way too good.

This was literally "no, you said X, not Y," "no I didn't, I said Y", "yes, you did, you're wrong!!!!", etc. etc. It was kinda embarassing and went on way too long.

Yeah, that is not so great. Clearly, being adult and live on air should prompt these guys to quarrel with a little more style than that.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
This was literally "no, you said X, not Y," "no I didn't, I said Y", "yes, you did, you're wrong!!!!", etc. etc. It was kinda embarassing and went on way too long.

Haha yeah I was watching that, Purge got so mad that he said beastmaster by accident and just would not let it go.

Top Bottom