• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

Haha yeah I was watching that, Purge got so mad that he said beastmaster by accident and just would not let it go.

It's probably just a matter of him being stressed and tired at this point. Despite them saying VEG was just for fun they did practice for it, and then played some high stakes matches over days, and this was all within like 3 days of him coming back from Manila for ESL One. I imagine he's just cranky. Purge needs naptime.

You're a fucking awful human being.

Yea I have to agree. I have friends that are shit tier at the game but I still play with them because they are my friends. Just play around them. In fact, I would say trying to support them feeding-est of carry players has probably made me a better support player over the years.

Guru-Guru

Banned
It's probably just a matter of him being stressed and tired at this point. Despite them saying VEG was just for fun they did practice for it, and then played some high stakes matches over days, and this was all within like 3 days of him coming back from Manila for ESL One. I imagine he's just cranky. Purge needs naptime.
Yeah, that's a good point. I'm surprised we haven't seen more meltdowns by casters due to the crazy long hours they cast.

kionedrik

Yeah, that's a good point. I'm surprised we haven't seen more meltdowns by casters due to the crazy long hours they cast.

I remember KotLGuy making a vlog during the last major that was basically his raw emotions on camera. Wouldn't call it a meltdown but it certainly was an image of a broken man.

winter is enjoying the NB v tongfu match so much. despite the score being 5-1 in 27m. its great.

classic china doto

I remember KotLGuy making a vlog during the last major that was basically his raw emotions on camera. Wouldn't call it a meltdown but it certainly was an image of a broken man.

Shanghai took a lot out of the casters. Sheever looked like she was about to cry on her--I think it was--day 4 vlog, where she was trying to apologize for all the problems while simultaneously praise the people who were trying to fix things for their hard work. The Shanghai Shitshow will forever be remembered as one of the worst major events in eSports History imo.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I only saw a couple mins of the game, but he was getting REALLY angry at whoever he was casting with over some really dumb shit. It was pretty cringey, so I stopped watching.
This was literally "no, you said X, not Y," "no I didn't, I said Y", "yes, you did, you're wrong!!!!", etc. etc. It was kinda embarassing and went on way too long.
To be fair it was Lumi who derailed the conversation 900 times about shit no one cares about so it's completely justified that Purge asked him to be (only half seriously) replaced on air.

tried out the new orchid upgrade on Clinkz. Very nice. Some concerns about the ease of counterplay by way of Manta and BKB, but felt really good.

I used it on a clockwork with his lotus orb active in 10v10.

Instant death.

Probably less of an issue in regular dotes where your picking off solo heroes.

winter is enjoying the NB v tongfu match so much. despite the score being 5-1 in 27m. its great.

Winter is in my top 3 for casters. Low-key hilarious without spewing out memes and knows his shit.

Guru-Guru

Banned
To be fair it was Lumi who derailed the conversation 900 times about shit no one cares about so it's completely justified that Purge asked him to be (only half seriously) replaced on air.
Yeah, fair enough. If I got stuck talking to Lumi for a couple hours I would go insane.

Wok

I remember playing against a PA who rushed rapier and had a pretty strong mid game killing everyone in my team.

Now that the "lock item" feature is live, I feel like trying this: get morbid mask, rush sacred relic, lock sacred relic, get demon edge, unlock relic and kill someone in the 9 following seconds, disassemble rapier, repeat.

Basically, free ganks, especially with the new stifling dagger damage, but no risk to lose the rapier while farming / running around on the map. It sounds like riskless fun.

shira

2nd pick Tinker. The fuck...

DROW STRATS

THE FUCK IS THIS DRAFT!?#?!

Two 20min gg's.

misc-shopkeep.gif
misc-moneybag.gif

In the WePlay panel the 2 AF guys that were invited said that Mirana aghs was an OP combo. Maybe they decided to put that theory in action.

My friend said it was really good. I haven't seen it in action enough to know but a free Starfall every 8 seconds seems pretty badass.

kionedrik

My friend said it was really good. I haven't seen it in action enough to know but a free Starfall every 8 seconds seems pretty badass.

"Free" after a 4k2 investment. On paper it doesn't seem that good to me honestly and I still think she would be better off building other items to farm/fight.

Russ T

Banned
If I ask for a mute all key on reddit do you think they'll add it

that there still isn't one to this date is shameful

auto mute entire enemy team (aka all chat)
auto mute everybody

why are neither of those options built into the game

inkls

"Free" after a 4k2 investment. On paper it doesn't seem that good to me honestly and I still think she would be better off building other items to farm/fight.

I mean, the only other iteam that allows what her aghs does is refresher, def better stats and cheaper than that. And for faster farm all I can think for her is maelstrom, but is that gonna clear a creep wave faster than 2 starfalls?

600 aoe dmg + between 825-1050 to a single target, what other item gives you better than that?

600 aoe dmg + between 825-1050 to a single target, what other item gives you better than that?

it's conditional though, and requires a hero (?) with a bad turnrate and average movespeed to sit next to her (?) opponents

her entire skillset is about long-distance sniping, bursting down an enemy, and getting tf out ASAP... you'd have to build her as a core and there's more space between the viability of core miranda and better core heroes than there is between her eyes

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
it's conditional though, and requires a hero (?) with a bad turnrate and average movespeed to sit next to her (?) opponents

her entire skillset is about long-distance sniping, bursting down an enemy, and getting tf out ASAP... you'd have to build her as a core and there's more space between the viability of core miranda and better core heroes than there is between her eyes

her aghs contributes to her burst though because it stores ticks when you're not next to enemies ready to drop on their heads when you leap in.

inkls

5 man starfall is really easy to do though. The main damage has a 650 radius and positioning so that 5 enemies are withing it should be simple enough with leap and 2nd starfall is 425.

If you think of solo pickoff, its still a 600-1050 damage nuke, how is that not good for bursting down a target.

Its an item that helps her teamfight, farm extremely quick, and for solo pickoffs. I don't get why you wouldn't want it.

Russ T

Banned
Well it's a Source Engine game, can you not disable voice chat and text through console?

Not that I know of.

There is the "mute all chat" button but it mutes ALL text chat, not All Chat. And it doesn't mute voice if you're not interested in that, so it's really just completely worthless!

kionedrik

I mean, the only other iteam that allows what her aghs does is refresher, def better stats and cheaper than that. And for faster farm all I can think for her is maelstrom, but is that gonna clear a creep wave faster than 2 starfalls?

I'd much rather have a combination of yasha, mjollnir, dragon lance, diffusal, desolator or hotd than aghs honestly. I'm not saying it's a bad item, all I'm saying is that I'm still not convinced.
And if I saw a potm rushing aghs and I was a core on the other team, you can bet I'd rush BKB and nullify her team fight ability, while still being able to burst her down.

Top Bottom