• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

shira

Manila Major Main Qualifier (Day 3 of 4 - Playoffs)

- 4 teams
Day 3: three Bo3
Day 4: two Bo3 and Bo5 grand final
- Double elimination
- Top team advances to Manila

t1462417200z1.png

CN
#1 Ehome vs CDEC.Y(inflame stack)
#2 Newbee vs IG.V(injuly stack)
#3 Loser 1 vs Loser 2

t1462417200z1.png

SEA
#1 Mineski(bimbo stack) vs Execration (abed stack)
#2 TnC(kuku stack) vs Taring(Yameteh stack)
#3 Loser 1 vs Loser 2

t1462438800z1.png

EU
#1 Digg(Synderen stack) vs Vega
#2 Ad Finem(ex-London Conspiracy) vs Empire
#3 Loser 1 vs Loser 2

it will get a pro scene because its a Blizzard game but I don't see it challenging CSGO or anything like that

Blizzard owns MLG. There will be a pro HOTS and OW scene

Quesa

hots is so fun, i wish they would just admit that it is shit as far as competitive goes

Yeah, I watched a few matches and it's hard to work up investment when the matches are so short and the tactics don't seem too far beyond what I'm doing in matches (not that I'm good at it or anything).

shira

Esports Product Manager, Overwatch
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an experienced leader to manage the global execution of Overwatch esports. The ideal candidate has a passion for Overwatch, esports, and traditional sports and is expert at managing complex projects with diverse stakeholders. The candidate should have experience working with global teams, an understanding of broadcast and event management, and hold themselves to an unwavering quality bar.

ESPORTS GAME TEAM LEAD, HEROES OF THE STORM
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a strong high level leader to drive the development of Heroes of the Storm Esports as a primary pillar of the game’s overall franchise strategy. This role will reside on the Heroes of the Storm game team and be responsible for determining the Esports direction of the franchise from both a game design and business perspective. We are looking for someone to embrace the responsibility of championing Esports initiatives with the game team, working with the Esports team to develop a portfolio of programs to meet franchise goals, and making hard decisions about budgets / priorities. This role will be expected to work closely senior leadership on the Esports team to maintain alignment, launch programs, and integrate company-wide Esports goals / requirements in creative ways that are adapted to the franchise.

Do you love Esports? Do you have experience building comprehensive programs, managing complex projects and productions, and working in a game development environment to drive toward success? Take the next step -- assemble a resume and submit your application to us today. We’re waiting to hear from you!

I used to be big on Hanzo, but after playing against better players, I think the sniper is better, unfortunately. Soldier is fun as fuck, too. The spread on his gun is actually super fun to control.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
mercy has the best highlight intro but nobody will ever see it

shame

Tonight I saw 2 Mercy PotGs, 2 Zen PotGs, and a Lucio PotG. Unprecedented support love from the PotG algorithm.

edit: actually now that I think about it there was a Sym PotG too! Turrets got a double kill on a king of the kill map we stomped on and our Sym got PotG!

Roadhog is fun but when you're up against less squishy characters he has a weird disconnect where you plug someone full of shrapnel and do very little damage.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
So far I'm liking Roadhog. Surprise surprise.

One of the kids in my stack plays only Roadhog. I love to facepalm at people who "main" a hero in Overwatch since I feel like you're much more useful if you're versatile and picking a hero to suit a needed role or a map, but he's so god damned good at Roadhog it's hard to get mad. He's such a monster at fucking with all the stupid noobstompy Bastions you see in every game.

Code:
[IMG]http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/268339305917823590/31EF2825F14B9A811DC74546E368B55EF3C7F45A/[/IMG]
Never seen this great ward spot before, is it new?

Kopite

How do you guys start off learning a new hero? Pubs, youTube guides? When do you know if you're ready to play a new hero in ranked?

I'm specifically thinking about Slark, he seems really fun to play but might not mesh too well with my cautious approach to games and teamfights.

How do you guys start off learning a new hero? Pubs, youTube guides? When do you know if you're ready ti play a new hero in ranked.

I'm specifically thinking about Slark, he seems really fun to play but might not mesh too well with my cautious approach to games and teamfights.

I used to watch Purge videos of heroes I was unfamiliar with. Worked out well.

How do you guys start off learning a new hero? Pubs, youTube guides? When do you know if you're ready to play a new hero in ranked?

watched purge videos, watching pro games or pro players perspective videos (https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=slark+)
Then I play them local vs bots to get a feel for the hero, try different builds, learn how last hit with him etcecec

I never play ranked.

Quesa

Y'all wish you were as cool as nahaz, sitting cross-legged, sipping coffee and chatting about dota with people at least half his age

inkls

Y'all wish you were as cool as nahaz, sitting cross-legged, sipping coffee and chatting about dota with people at least half his age

i do the same thing, i chat with people twice my age about dota, like kvk and twobear. They should hang out with nahaz chat about the good old times

Ramzes is playing way better on Empire than he ever did on Spirit.

EDIT: Mag buying a BKB on Brood against LC/Disruptor/Beastmaster/SB... the fuck are you doing man...

Top Bottom