• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

London Conspiracy ended up winning the Spectre game? When I tuned in earlier Sven and Invoker had 10k on the Spec and Windrunner of LC and were up a set of rax or two. Must have been a massive throw.

i was looking through my old ds games and i came across zelda phantom hourglass

i have no memory of even buying the game
i boot it up and find that i've played it for like 5 hours
i have no memory of even playing the game

im gonna conclude the game is not good if i have zero memory of buying it or playing it

Demoli

i was looking through my old ds games and i came across zelda phantom hourglass

i have no memory of even buying the game
i boot it up and find that i've played it for like 5 hours
i have no memory of even playing the game

im gonna conclude the game is not good if i have zero memory of buying it or playing it

It's by far the worst Zelda so yeah

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
liMU0H7.jpg

DjDcB0B.gif

Demoli

i just finished twilight princess hd so im itching for more zelda

anyone played link between worlds?

It's by far the best Zelda so yeah

Edit: Real answer i feel like TP is the best one closely followed by SS, aLBW and aLttP. OoT and WW below those.

Holden

ALBW was such a joy to play after the two DS games and the Wii one

Hope they follow that direction with the design in their future games

Highly recommend :)

Russ T

Banned
phantom hourglass was a legit good game and i demand people give it the credit it deserves (WHICH IS GOOD CREDIT)

Hylian7

excellent

im also hoping for an eventual skyward sword remaster because i missed out on that one too

SS would look amazing in HD, I hope they do that one eventually.
phantom hourglass was a legit good game and i demand people give it the credit it deserves (WHICH IS GOOD CREDIT)

Honestly I enjoyed PH (as well as ST), but they are both probably toward the bottom in Zelda games overall.

There isn't a single bad Zelda game, even Skyward Sword's dungeons redeem it's other problems.

Holden

ALBW or Danganrooomper?

Tough decisions this month.

Well to be honest the only downside i have for ALBW, is that it can be a short game

Never played that other game.

I just really hate gimmicky controls :/

Mostly why i dislike SS, PH, ST =/

Too much focus on TouchScreen or the Motion Controls, eww

Russ T

Banned
There isn't a single bad Zelda game

True fact.

TRUE

FACT

I just really hate gimmicky controls :/

Mostly why i dislike SS, PH, ST =/

"gimmicky"

you realize button presses are equally "gimmicky" right, it's just that they've existed for much longer so people accept them more freely

get outta here with that nonsense

unless you wanna go back to something like this!

Atari-Joystick.jpeg

I think one of the most fun games I've ever had was an Ursa+WK lane (I was support WK) where after we both got Blink we just roamed the map, blinked onto people and demolished them. Was pretty great.

Also Majora's Mask is the best 3D Zelda game and OoT is good but overrated as shit.

Hylian7

Skyward Sword is amazing and all of you can fuck off.

Started my third playthrough today.

I liked the dungeons, how it looked, and the
motion controls.

The linearity was more ridiculous than ever though, Fi goes without saying, and I didn't care for the overworld, and how disconnected everything felt.

Holden

you realize button presses are equally "gimmicky" right, it's just that they've existed for much longer so people accept them more freely

get outta here with that nonsense

unless you wanna go back to something like this!
Using your fingers works fine so in ALBW it works great, i just never liked drawing with stylus, it just feels slow and so different than playing a video game, idk i just don't really enjoy it...

On the other hand i really disliked the controls for SS felt unreliable and i clearly wasn't alone in this so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And the bug/trickets(whatever forgot the name) animation pickup you get every time you reboot literately made me ragequit the game ( and the more you ragequit the more you get it heuhueuhe)

Russ T

Banned
disliking the controls is one thing, claiming they're bad because they're "gimmicky" is just nonsense

also skyward sword had very reliable controls, you just had to actually use skill D:

edit: the forward stab was legit annoying to perform sometimes, though, i'll admit - everything else, though, so good

disliking the controls is one thing, claiming they're bad because they're "gimmicky" is just nonsense

also skyward sword had very reliable controls, you just had to actually use skill D:
I have a disabled friend who physically could not get past an area of Skyward Sword. Fuck motion controls.

Demoli

SS has the best dungeons.

Like, seriously, nothing even comes close to stuff like the Ancient Cistern and the Sandship. Hell, the entire desert area as a whole has better puzzles and ideas that many past games combined.

Only past dungeons that even hold a candle are the City in the Sky and the Stone tower from MM.

Russ T

Banned
Yo City in the Sky is my jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam.

Every Zelda game needs to have double-hookshot. Go back and add it to old games. I don't care how much work that takes or if they don't need it!

Vade

35 years since last balance patch. I walk through the empty streets trying to think of something else but my path always lead to dota. I stare at the screen for hours and try to summon icefrog to release 6.87. I try playing other games like ezito of the storm but it is no good. I report hero abusers and try counterpicking those dumb heroes but it is all meaningless. The end is near.

10 years since 6.87.i walk through the empty streets of EUW trying to avoid the migrants . i stare at the screen for hours and try to summon the delirium. i watch other games get patched but it is no good. i flame Quesa in his channel and try to resist the the_donald mods but it is all meaningless. the end is near.i then usually watch some old navi vods and cry myself to sleep.

shira

Staggering of Patches in relation to Open Qualifiers
6.84 Apr 30 (16 days before) --> TI5 Open Qualifiers May 16
6.85 Sep 24 (12 days before) --> Frankfurt OQ Oct 6
6.86 Dec 16 (18 days before) --> Shanghai OQ Jan 3

YPTHMBV.png

Possible 6.87 dates
Apr 17 12 days before
Apr 13 16 days before
Apr 11 18 days before

Manila OQ Apr 29

Next week hype!

Artanisix

my mom and my girlfriend have the same birthday and that birthday is april 15 so please not that date Thank U valve for your cooperation

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
When is Valve's Hawaiian Vacation? If they are still in the office, I think they will patch the game this week.

shira

When is Valve's Hawaiian Vacation? If they are still in the office, I think they will patch the game this week.

That Starladder LAN is going to be a clusterfuck if it's next week.

If Secret and DC take those last two slots we could get some wacky results.

Top Bottom