• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

convince me to buy or not to buy a new 3ds. im on the fence.

I bought a New 3DS with MH4 and Alpha Sapphire and while I enjoyed it for a few weeks I was ultimately disappointed. MH is not my cup of tea, and Pokemon at this point has lost a lot of its allure. The biggest disappointment for me was Mario Golf World Tour, which I was hoping I would love, but is probably one of the most shallow games I've purchased in a while. I plowed through the base game taking first in each of the Tournaments (in the non-online portion) first try. It was just easy, and after 3 tournaments I found out that was literally all there was to the game, other than unlocking a lot of pointless items that you problably will never use. The other issue I have with the 3DS is that it's basically filled with Fire Emblem-esque games and JRPGs, or Mario. There's not enough diversity in the library for my liking, and a lot of the games are also remakes. The fact that they are just now getting some SNES titles on VC is laughable, and the pricing on Nintendo titles is literal extortion. There are 3DS launch titles till on the eShop for $40, that's insanity.

It's a nice handheld, but if I could save the money I invested in the platform and spend it elsewhere, I probably would.

Hylian7

R/S wasn't terrible, but on the lower end of the spectrum for sure. OR/AS was a pretty huge improvement though. It's even better if you want to get into competitive online.

Have any of you played paragon? It wasn't on my radar at all until I watched a giant bomb video of it and it looks kinda cool. Is it worth buying into the beta right now?

Have any of you played paragon? It wasn't on my radar at all until I watched a giant bomb video of it and it looks kinda cool. Is it worth buying into the beta right now?
I played it and it was awful, had zero fun. Only played a few games so I didn't get an in-depth impression.

Things I didnt like:
-Confusing as fuck item/deck system.
-Felt like none of the items did much.
-3PS but most of your skills hardly have any range.

Things I liked:
-???

I'm really jaded though, it's probably not impossible to have some fun with it.

shira

Strange how 6.87 isn't out yet
How long did it take after Frankfurt for the patch to be released?

Staggering of Patches
DAC - December 17 6.83 (50 days before main event)
TI5 - April 30 6.84 (95 days)
Fall - September 24 6.85 (53 days before main event)
Winter - December 16 6.86 (77 days before main event)

Manila Qualifiers are late April so early/mid April

shira

just trash now

SktjDAg.gif

Hylian7

Walking Dead season 6 finale (spoilers) -
Everybody was captured by Negan and his group, Negan comes out with this long ass speech, says he's going to kill one person, has trouble deciding who. Then he kills someone with his bat, and it shows it in first person from the perspective of whoever died. We don't know who it was, end of episode. I'm dead serious.

Kard8p3

Everybody was captured by Negan and his group, Negan comes out with this long ass speech, says he's going to kill one person, has trouble deciding who. Then he kills someone with his bat, and it shows it in first person from the perspective of whoever died. We don't know who it was, end of episode. I'm dead serious.

I've been waiting like 4 years for this shit too. GJ ruining a great comic moment u monkeys

what a show honeslty. How do people watch this shit after a whole season of being on a farm doing nothing

I played it and it was awful, had zero fun. Only played a few games so I didn't get an in-depth impression.

Things I didnt like:
-Confusing as fuck item/deck system.
-Felt like none of the items did much.
-3PS but most of your skills hardly have any range.

Things I liked:
-???

I'm really jaded though, it's probably not impossible to have some fun with it.

I agree with your points. It does look nice, graphically, tho.

inkls

lol

I agree with your points. It does look nice, graphically, tho.

yeah, just saddened that theres an equivalent to the lol mastery system (cards). Why can't mobas just let you start without altering your base stats...

Artanisix

L O S T

TUSR

Banned
I don't watch the walking dead but I bet I could guess this.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
In case anyone wants them, here are some code to download that Mario vs DK Amiibo game on the 3DS early:
B0JM7MTY4XJTX27L
B0JM7J8329B3FT5D
B0JLGF1S437S8PS4

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Yeah that mania was shit but at least we got this amazing gif out of it

giphy.gif

?

You mean other than Rune Factory, Bravely Default, SMT, Dragon Quest, and quite a few others that I'm surely forgetting?

Rune Factory 4 came out 3 years ago and had mixed reviews, and I don't think is available on the eShop, Bravely Default is definitely one that I need to check out, SMT I mentioned (well I mentioned spin-offs but I forgot Persona was the spin-off), and Dragon Quest IX was a DS game while X was an MMO and XI doesn't come out until later this year. My problem is there's only so many JRPGs I can play, and aside from MH which I found lacking they all start to feel very same-y. I do want to pick up Bravely Default and Bravely Second if I like the first game though.

I personally think the entire 3DS library as it stands is lacking, and my major complaint is that the games never seem to budge in price beyond a few dollars here and there. I think X\Y are the same price as OR\AS to this day, and if you go to a Gamestop Black\White are probably still the same price. That is lunacy. It's not worth it to buy games on the 3DS as it stands because you're paying launch price even 3-5 years down the road.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The first two say they aren't recognized, and the third one says it's used.

I'm guessing someone else on here used 1 of them. Maybe 2 of them only work in the Wii U version. I know Amazon sent me 4, despite only buying 2 Amiibo.

Edit: Yeah, reading up, 2 of them would be for the Wii U version.

shira

Recent Results
March 20 Dota Pit 4 (Prizepool $195k) 1st MVPP, 2nd EG, 3rd CoL/Navi
March 5 Shanghai Major ($3000k) 1st Secret, 2nd Liquid, 3rd EG
Jan 31 MDL Winter ($277k) 1st Ehome, 2nd EG, 3rd OG
Jan 17 Starladder/iLeague S13 ($300k) 1st [A], 2nd EG, 3rd LGD/Liquid

#ROADTOTI6

kYlWPsC.png

Wave 1
t1460048400z4.png
Wave 2
t1460091600z4.png

TI6 tickets sell on Ticketmaster

t1460628000z1.png

Starladder Invitational Cybersports Arena Kiev (Apr 14-17)
$100k: [A], VG, LGD, MVPP, VG.Reborn, Vega, +2

t1461380400z1.png

ESL Manila Mall of Asia Arena (Apr 23-24)
$250k: Ehome, Liquid, Secret, Mineski, Empire, CoL, Wings, Fnatic

t1461924000z1.png

Weplay S3 Kiev International Exhibition Centre (Apr 29-May 1)
$200k: EG, OG, VP, Elite Wolves, Fnatic, Vega, Liquid, Navi

Mainla Open Qualifiers (Apr 29-May 2)
Manila Regional Qualifiers (May 3-6)

t1462788000z1.png

EPICENTER Crocus City Hall Moscow (May 9-15)
$500k: Alliance, Secret, OG, EG, [A], Fnatic, Complexity, +3

t1463824800z1.png

DreamLeague 5 Monster Energy DreamHack Studios Stockholm (May 21-22)
$100k: +4

t1465272000z1.png

Manila Major Mall of Asia Arena (Jun 7-12)
$3000k: Secret, +15

t1466154000z1.png

ESL Frankfurt Commerzbank Arena (Jun 18-19)
$250k: +8

TI6 Open Qualifiers:June 21-24th
TI6 Regional Qualifiers: June 25-29th

t1468432800z4.png

Summit 5 BTS House LA (Jul 13-17)
?: ?

t1470675600z4.png

The International 2016, Key Arena Seattle (Aug 8-13)
?:?

3DS' library was terrific if you had an affinity for JRPGs. However, game prices indeed tend to be eerily consistent. It's really annoying.

Top Bottom