• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

Is there any compelling reason why secret deserve an invite but newbee don't?

To Manila? To be fair, EG is the TI winner so I guess they get the benefit of the doubt. Newbee got a direct invite to TI5 as well despite their terrible form the months before. Not saying it's the right thing to do but Valve are rather consistent in that particular matter.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
To Manila? To be fair, EG is the TI winner so I guess they get the benefit of the doubt. Newbee got a direct invite to TI5 as well despite their terrible form the months before. Not saying it's the right thing to do but Valve are rather consistent in that particular matter.
The defending TI winner imo should be guaranteed a spot. That's not unreasonable.

But with the rate of turnover of team members and how quickly the teams can go from dominant to irrelevant, the idea of Secret getting an invite when they're 2/5ths a different team from the one that won the Major, and having big issues with their new lineup, seems a little bizarre to me.

At the very least if this new Secret team doesn't work out we won't see as many winning teams change their lineups, which is good for stability. It's a stupid thing to do anyway.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
At the very least if this new Secret team doesn't work out we won't see as many winning teams change their lineups, which is good for stability. It's a stupid thing to do anyway.
Their attitude does seem a little self-defeating.......if the team isn't playing well together then changing team members is just going to put you back to square one and if you are doing well then changing team members.........puts you back to square one.

Plus with an ever changing lineup there's no compelling reason to Stan them. Right now it's a team for people who like particular players rather than any coherent assembled whole

Arol

What ever Secret version was the one that won Shanghai shouldn't have changed. It seemed that played very well and actually had in game chemistry.

But like shira mentioned who knows what the outside chemistry was like.

These players are probably well off financially compared to most that they want to make these decisions. Of course that doesn't change the fact that you make teams to actually win.

Manila major will be interesting to say the least.

teams desperately need proper coaches that sort out the team issues and childish excuses to kick members (4 days before lock with no prior warning) "oh we had an argument in the draft that one time". "oh he was panicky" . "I want to play carry instead of offlane despite the current setup working very well"

People mostly stan players already anyway, there's only a couple teams that kept their roster intact over the years. All of the Chinese teams shuffled players around, NA just shuffled everyone, CIS is slightly more stable.

What ever Secret version was the one that won Shanghai shouldn't have changed. It seemed that played very well and actually had in game chemistry.

But like shira mentioned who knows what the outside chemistry was like.

These players are probably well off financially compared to most that they want to make these decisions. Of course that doesn't change the fact that you make teams to actually win.

Manila major will be interesting to say the least.

Rather steady teams like Alliance and NaVi (they used to be stable) have experienced ups and downs as well. Not changing one's roster does correlate rather loosely with consistent success. Although one could argue NaVi did extraordinarily well in three TIs back to back with a very similar roster.

Generally, team chemistry (which can go to shit at some point) and a meta that suits your play style seems to be exponentially more important.

Arol

Rather steady teams like Alliance and NaVi (they used to be stable) have experienced ups and downs as well. Not changing one's roster does correlate rather loosely with consistent success. Although one could argue NaVi did extraordinarily well in three TIs back to back with a very similar roster.

Generally, team chemistry (which can go to shit at some point) and a meta that suits your play style seems to be exponentially more important.

Yes.

Although Alliance changed quite a bit as well before they got EGM, s4 and Bulldog back together again

I think the shuffle period after TI is going to be super interesting to see what teams form. Especially in the NA region.

I could see another super CIS reshuffle if teams for that region underperform again.

shira

Cold War fighting!

hxg6Y73.png

ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Complexity: If you can't be good, at least be lucky.

Going late game against doom with very few farmed heroes is so miserable. He will always doom the highest net worth hero and that's that. Good for VP that COL's Linken's breaking abilities are rather few.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
It's a shame that one of these teams has to win this game.

Deadly

im waiting for the super zai shuffle.
Zai coming back should be interesting. Fear retires Zai back to 4? It'll only be after TI6 anyways
Seriously, it's been like 3 days and they haven't gotten this shit fixed?
The problem is with the capture card's firmware, they've contacted the manufacturer and asked for an update but there's nothing else they can do. The Ruhub uses the same thing and get the same problem

It's also a major event and apparently the Russian Stream has had no issues. They also had no problems when RUHub was handling the group stages.

I never said it's impossible to have no issue with the sound. If they can't fix it they might either lack the necessary competence or the resources. I doubt they actively chose to remain ignorant about it as sound is rather important. I just wish people on the internet would cool the fuck down occasionally and respect the intelligence of the people involved a tad more often.

We've reached a point in time where Complexity is the best NA team.

Think about it.

They've already done well at TI5 and getting the Swedes on improved them by a lot so it's not that surprising, they're solid. It's more surprising how poorly EG has been doing, yes they lost 2 key players but aside from Bulba there's still 4 top tier players on that team.

Top Bottom