• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

Twookie

it's the capture card software they use that makes them have issues, and they have contacted the manufacturer to get it fixed today/tomororrow

they tried to use a different capture card yesterday which happened to be even worse than the first card the used

here is the source hehe

apparently i'm slow eugh

The problem is with the capture card's firmware, they've contacted the manufacturer and asked for an update but there's nothing else they can do. The Ruhub uses the same thing and get the same problem

That's shitty. Surprised they haven't been able to get their hand on different hardware if the specific capture cards aren't working as intended. I had heard the Russian stream was fine but apparently not.

Just read the above, apparently the infamous NASL sound from Day 1 was them trying a different set of hardware.

it's the capture card software they use that makes them have issues, and they have contacted the manufacturer to get it fixed today/tomororrow

they tried to use a different capture card yesterday which happened to be even worse than the first card the used

here is the source hehe

apparently i'm slow eugh

Shocking news - production actually not consisting of cavemen and cavewomen who don't care about the external presentation of their show but who instead tried their best to solve a fairly annoying technical issue that might have not been in their hands to begin with!? What an unforeseen turn of events.

52club

Random thoughts...
FNG doesn't give a shit about picking his nose in public
Dragon Knight is one of the hardest carries in the current meta (and still is really good early and mid game)
Strength heroes need a nerf, or intelligence and agility heroes need a buff
Call isn't that easy of spell to land since the cast time increase, so flaming universe is a little unfair. He kept Secret in that game

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Every time I see Disraptor show up in pro Dota games all he does is run the show the entire time. I don't know why that hero isn't 100% pick/ban tbh. Honestly the best hero in the entire game IMO.

kionedrik

Razor is always a bad pick

Every time I see Disraptor show up in pro Dota games all he does is run the show the entire time. I don't know why that hero isn't 100% pick/ban tbh. Honestly the best hero in the entire game IMO.

I've been saying this since I started playing. Every single one of his abilities is awesome and unique.

Razor is always a bad pick

It pissed me off during I think it was TI4 when people kept picking him and he had like a 30% win rate. If you want a tanks mid do either Viper or DK. Hell, do TA if you must. Razor is just all around not a great hero. I'm also not sold on 1 Pos Slardar.

aeolist

Banned
I've been saying this since I started playing. Every single one of his abilities is awesome and unique.

he's obviously situational, if you're not chasing and constantly getting kills he doesn't do a lot. also he's completely countered by bkb unless he gets aghs and initiates first.

Random thoughts...
FNG doesn't give a shit about picking his nose in public
Dragon Knight is one of the hardest carries in the current meta (and still is really good early and mid game)
Strength heroes need a nerf, or intelligence and agility heroes need a buff
Call isn't that easy of spell to land since the cast time increase, so flaming universe is a little unfair. He kept Secret in that game

I don't see anything wrong with str carries being good for once. Also, agi heroes like Drow, Void and others are still viable. We just saw a Medusa win. 6.87 is really, really nice so far. I'd enjoy my pubs more with Slark and Lion nerfs but overall, this is shaping up to be one of the least annoying patches ever.

edit: How is Razor countered by BKB? He used to be a common counter pick against Lifestealer because his damage drain pierces magic immunity. The hero certainly has other weaknesses.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
he's obviously situational, if you're not chasing and constantly getting kills he doesn't do a lot. also he's completely countered by bkb unless he gets aghs and initiates first.

This used to be true but BKB has gotten so nerfed in the last year it's truly the Time of Disraptor.

Disraptor is the least situational hero in Dota. If you could assemble a team of 5 Disraptors you would win 100% of your games.

52club

I don't see anything wrong with str carries being good for once. Also, agi heroes like Drow, Void and others are still viable. We just saw a Medusa win. 6.87 is really, really nice so far. I'd enjoy my pubs more with Slark and Lion nerfs but overall, this is shaping up to be one of the least annoying patches ever.

edit: How is Razor countered by BKB? He used to be a common counter pick against Lifestealer because his damage drain pierces magic immunity. The hero certainly has other weaknesses.

You are correct, Medusa did win, but that was a bit of just an outdraft, right?

Based on my low tier games, this tournament, and some of the magic resistance changes it just seems like some strength heroes turn into what I used to see in League. An unkillable tank that still puts out a lot of damage. It is somewhat fun, but not something I'm used to seeing in Dota.

Vade

Sunset found her squating in the grass groaning.
Every stool was looser than the one before and smelled fouler.
By the time the moon came up, she was shitting brown mortar.
The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew.

If D&D wanted to make a shit show why did they refuse to show this scene last season?

shira

Sunset found her squating in the grass groaning.
Every stool was looser than the one before and smelled fouler.
By the time the moon came up, she was shitting brown mortar.
The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew.

If D&D wanted to make a shit show why did they refuse to show this scene last season?

They didn't have Strong Belwas scene either

Disruptor is the best Lord to Manage in Defence of the Ancients Two: Reborn.

He's probably the least level and item dependant hero in the game. Get brown boots, magic stick and lvl 7 and you're set of the rest of the match.

shira

davai
anuxi_divine.gif

Fevaweva

I have a question about Alliance. I wasn't following Pro DOTA 2 when they won TI3...what made them so dominating? Was it the fact that they were the first to do the split-push strat and the meta just hadn't caught up with them?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I have a question about Alliance. I wasn't following Pro DOTA 2 when they won TI3...what made them so dominating? Was it the fact that they were the first to do the split-push strat and the meta just hadn't caught up with them?

There's been a few articles written on their win, I think this one is okay.

It's just that Alliance was the best at the split push style and the heroes that made it work were at their strongest during that patch. The game's balance has never favored the strat to that extent ever since, and the static parts of Alliance (Loda, Bulldog, Akke, EGM) never really moved beyond the strat. I think only s4's seen success outside of the mold.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
From what I heard Envy is the one who actually came up with the Alliance's overall push strategy when he was a support for No Tidehunter.

Also, Envy's pose reminds me of a cardboard cutout in this picture.
Dd6tC9g.jpg

And for even more irrelevant things, apparently in HoN Envy played Mid. Here is some news that details him on HoN's shadowfiend vs Notail a bit:
http://www.fnatic.com/content/7892

Quesa

From what I heard Envy is the one who actually came up with the Alliance's overall push strategy when he was a support for No Tidehunter.

Also, Envy's pose reminds me of a cardboard cutout in this picture.
Dd6tC9g.jpg

And for even more irrelevant things, apparently in HoN Envy played Mid. Here is some news that details him on HoN's shadowfiend vs Notail a bit:
http://www.fnatic.com/content/7892

"EE vs Notail mid" would be a punchline these days.

Red UFO

Just played a game with a PA that went Crimson + Pipe + Bloodstone and an Earthshaker that went Dagon first.

Fuck this shit fucking game honestly. MMR doesn't mean anything, there are severely mentally handicapped players at all levels.

Twookie

Just played a game with a PA that went Crimson + Pipe + Bloodstone and an Earthshaker that went Dagon first.

Fuck this shit fucking game honestly. MMR doesn't mean anything, there are severely mentally handicapped players at all levels.

i feel ya bro
the worst is when they come up with shitty excuses for what they do

"haha why are you mad??? this is normal not ranked xdDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD"

"no this build is good trust me, i will carry" - gyro that went aghs first (when the aghs was more damage on ult)

"No shut up, we will carry you" - earthshaker that only bought damage items and NEVER placed his wards so he went with 10 obs in his inventory, winterwyvern that went naked dagon(no boots) among other shitty things

Top Bottom