• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

Red UFO

The PA's excuse was that she was teaching me a lesson for stealing a kill with my ult as necrophos???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Twookie

slark is a good hero

sven aghs PogChamp
ashot_sven.gif

There's been a few articles written on their win, I think this one is okay.

It's just that Alliance was the best at the split push style and the heroes that made it work were at their strongest during that patch. The game's balance has never favored the strat to that extent ever since, and the static parts of Alliance (Loda, Bulldog, Akke, EGM) never really moved beyond the strat. I think only s4's seen success outside of the mold.

eh, I think that's selling it short a bit. Akke and EGM were controlling the map like no other. Alliance basically had map hacks in the form of their support duo.

aeolist

Banned
i actually thought they had that until loda chased 4 of them halfway across the map by himself

they should have been content with killing the batrider after the aegis respawn

Shinypogs

Akke is the only member of Alliance I have never seen chase/dive/ blind blink etc for kills with reckless abandon. To be fair it often works out for the other members but when it doesn't it's glaringly apparent how risky the move in question was.

Still that was fun to watch and I'm hoping for a full series of great games no matter who wins.

aeolist

Banned
Akke is the only member of Alliance I have never seen chase/dive/ blind blink etc for kills with reckless abandon. To be fair it often works out for the other members but when it doesn't it's glaringly apparent how risky the move in question was.

Still that was fun to watch and I'm hoping for a full series of great games no matter who wins.

wutface

you just saw loda do it in the last game

The PA's excuse was that she was teaching me a lesson for stealing a kill with my ult as necrophos???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I hope you learnt your lesson.

That lesson is: there are a billion idiots playing this game, and according to our MMR we are just as idiotic as they are.
cBj1LTf.png

So, to anyone with more knowledge. Why is Secret so bad now? What happened?
I was already kind of pissed when they chose to kick out misery and w33ha, but these results are making me seriously doubt their capabilities.

shira

I was already kind of pissed when they chose to kick out misery and w33ha, but these results are making me seriously doubt their capabilities.

- Universe not used to playing position 4 offlane (Puppey given higher/equal farm priority)
- experimental drafting (different hero for rtz and ee almost game)
- bad luck (tilted after losing to newbee)
- analysts only look at stats - tonnes of teamwork/psychological/philosophical issues that need to be worked out

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
nerf str heroes just look at ursa.. oh oh wait.

well look at the rest of alliance's draft... oh oh wait, 3 int heroes... shit. nerf int heroes!!!?

targeted nerfs are always much better than blanket imo (this is why i hate hate hate the summon nerfs of 6.87 so much, brood/visage/lycan didn't need nerfs because bm/furion/LD/chen did lol). if heroes like sven, LS, or DK (pretty much the big 3 str cores right now) need nerfs, nerf them and not ogre/huskar/timber/kunkka and the 30 other strength heroes that don't need a nerf. if armlet needs a nerf, you nerf armlet--not directly every hero that buys it.

TUSR

Banned
None of them are playing well. Universe looks like a shell of his former self.

aeolist

Banned
- Universe not used to playing position 4 offlane (Puppey given higher/equal farm priority)

i disagree with this, playing with fear and aui as supports often saw universe get less farm as offlaner on eg. he usually played heroes that didn't need as much and made space with very little.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
universe has just been playing awful overall, he's gotten his standard eg heroes and his not so standard eg heroes and just horribly missed skill shots left and right: whiffed ravages, awful nyx stuns, call misses all day, cull misses, it's rly sad to see how far the "best offlaner in the world" has fallen he certainly doesn't hold that title at all right now

rip old universe

bulldong was always the best offlaner anyway >:}

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
newbee is just so good at capitalizing on small openings

a lot of the changes in 6.87 like the highground push back really favors how chinese teams love to play

Madouu

lol that sequence of events.

NS + IO get AGHS puck stunned while running in, and lion jumps into rubick lift. gl viper.

Wok

I sometimes don't understand matchmaking: I start on high-skill and win 2 games in a row, then get downgraded to normal skill and win most of my games... yet I remain in normal skill. All games are done in solo queue.

974kULN.png

I am not even spamming the same heroes. I don't get it, it was not like this with my previous smurf. Something must have changed Valve-side.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
tfw your fave is the breakout hero of the patch
oexTA6a.gif
oexTA6a.gif

so bittersweet knowing that they're smashing but they're also going to get nerfed
oexTA6a.gif
oexTA6a.gif
oexTA6a.gif

Top Bottom