• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So is max Sunray the build now or what. I haven't played Phoenix in a while.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Fucking yugioh, the main character keeps inventing new mechanics mid match, now he putting extra cards in his extra deck mid match. Can't the protagonist just be good and stop cheating!

shira

Fucking yugioh, the main character keeps inventing new mechanics mid match, now he putting extra cards in his extra deck mid match. Can't the protagonist just be good and stop cheating!

Sounds like HS Tavern Brawl
fail.gif

Red UFO

What do you do if there's a dude in your friend group who always picks carry but he's shit at it and hasn't improved in like, 2 years, but he continues to instapick it regardless?

What do you do if there's a dude in your friend group who always picks carry but he's shit at it and hasn't improved in like, 2 years, but he continues to instapick it regardless?

don't invite them to your games and then delete them from your friends list

that's what POTA does :)))))))))

and then they improve while you rot in 1.8k hell :))))))))))))))

edit: nvm you said "friends"

Artanisix

u hating ont he best anime ever created?

u deal wit it or find new ppl to play wth

Yea that cards don't even have descriptions for what they do in the show because they just make up random shit as they go or as the plot sees necessary. I remember being severely disappointed when I started playing the card game after watching a lot of the show back in the day.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yea that cards don't even have descriptions for what they do in the show because they just make up random shit as they go or as the plot sees necessary. I remember being severely disappointed when I started playing the card game after watching a lot of the show back in the day.
This isn't even the old show, this is the latest and greatest, Arc V.

Plus the cards not having text was due to US advertisement laws, they did in the original version. They still pulled out a ton of random shit for Duelist Kingdom, but once battle city started they stopped with the cheating and just invented OP anime only cards, or had combos that would require perfect draws.

Plus plus, the Manga was better.

Plus the cards not having text was due to US advertisement laws, they did in the original version. They still pulled out a ton of random shit for Duelist Kingdom, but once battle city started they stopped with the cheating and just invented OP anime only cards, or had combos that would require perfect draws.

Wasn't Battle City the tournament ran by Pegasus who exclusively cheated using his Magic Monocle?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Wasn't Battle City the tournament ran by Pegasus who exclusively cheated using his Magic Monocle?
No no, that was duelist kingdom. Battle city was the tournament Kaiba ran, with the goal of getting all 3 god cards. Battle City's rules were basically a copy of the rules in the real card game.

The magic monocle gave Pegasus mind reading powers, which is technically not cheating at the game. Technically.

Hylian7

Teach him how to farm efficiently (usually the problem with carries that aren't good). I'm talking stuff like watching the clock for stacks, blinking camp to camp with BF AM, etc.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I feel the thing bad carries usually lack are map awareness and itemization. To many get hung up on a single item build, and don't adapt to the game. Same with skill builds. But being flexible is not easy to teach. Map awareness is also really hard to learn, the best way to improve that is to play other roles.

Hylian7

I feel the thing bad carries usually lack are map awareness and itemization. To many get hung up on a single item build, and don't adapt to the game. Same with skill builds. But being flexible is not easy to teach. Map awareness is also really hard to learn, the best way to improve that is to play other roles.
This too.

Arol

DC just beat Shazam 2-1 and is a series away from Nanyang.

Still kinda odd how the new DC came to be and how they're doing extremely well in the NA region. Kinda want to see how they stack up against upper tier teams.

Manila will be interesting for them.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
DC just beat Shazam 2-1 and is a series away from Nanyang.

Still kinda odd how the new DC came to be and how they're doing extremely well in the NA region. Kinda want to see how they stack up against upper tier teams.

Manila will be interesting for them.
Yeah, DC have a really strong roster. Though some people try to discredit saying they aren't a real NA team.

My friend is a decent 1 Pos but makes me so mad for this reason. He just consistently does bad item builds. Like swearing Manta on Drow is still good (they had 0 silences and no Orchid carriers) and insisting Vanguard on AM sucks. Oh, he also refuses to get BKBs pretty often unless it's a hero that naturally gets one early like PA, and almost never gets Linkins outside of Morph, Weaver, and Medusa. When we're playing as a stack I have resorted to asking him how EE isn't his favorite player because he seems to have copied his desire to make every win as hard fought as possible.

Hylian7

My friend is a decent 1 Pos but makes me so mad for this reason. He just consistently does bad item builds. Like swearing Manta on Drow is still good (they had 0 silences and no Orchid carriers) and insisting Vanguard on AM sucks. Oh, he also refuses to get BKBs pretty often unless it's a hero that naturally gets one early like PA, and almost never gets Linkins outside of Morph, Weaver, and Medusa. When we're playing as a stack I have resorted to asking him how EE isn't his favorite player because he seems to have copied his desire to make every win as hard fought as possible.

spectre-what.gif

Vanguard AM does suck though...

Itemization does often lose games though, I had a Necro today go brown boots, and had 2.5k gold and my friend and I thought he was going Radiance, and advised him against that. He said it wasn't Radiance. First purchase: Mystic Staff. He rushed Octarine.

As a former god tier pos 1 player, buying BKB is perhaps the worst feeling in dota.

I have tanked the worst team mates known to man, and it doesn't tilt me as hard as having to buy BKB.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood

Good on him, fuck buying BKB.

I have thrown quite alot of games by not buying BKB... My friends always call me out on it, but I hate buying it for some reason...

Wok

I have thrown quite alot of games by not buying BKB... My friends always call me out on it, but I hate buying it for some reason...

Nobody likes magic immunity, all we want as a carry is damage to right-click people down... and farm faster.

Until the day you get kited to hell by Invoker, burst down by Zeus, or chain-stunned by 3 opponents.

Red UFO

Because it's kinda shitty.

I used to be all about the proactive BKB purchases, seeing how much lock down the enemy had and buying one quite early. These days I do it reactively, only if their CC turns out to be a problem and our team can't provide the control first.

Because it's kinda shitty.

I used to be all about the proactive BKB purchases, seeing how much lock down the enemy had and buying one quite early. These days I do it reactively, only if their CC turns out to be a problem and our team can't provide the control first.

That's just it, he never does it reactively unless I am screaming it into his head for like 20 straight minutes. I'll watched him get kited around a fight, all of us die, and then he runs away and farms something stupid like a 3rd or 4th slot Moon Shard--he regularly get's that item before it's even remotely necessary.

Red UFO

That's just it, he never does it reactively unless I am screaming it into his head for like 20 straight minutes. I'll watched him get kited around a fight, all of us die, and then he runs away and farms something stupid like a 3rd or 4th slot Moon Shard--he regularly get's that item before it's even remotely necessary.
Is he the sort of dude who will blame everything else before reflecting upon his own play?

Is he the sort of dude who will blame everything else before reflecting upon his own play?

At times. I've just started telling him to quit bitching. He usually focuses on 1 other person to blame. He's not as bad as other friends of mine, just stubborn.

It's weird, as of recent I have become a lot more zen while playing DotA. I think I just got tired of the game making me angry, so I barely ever blame others unless they are comically bad or intentionally do shitty stuff like give up, spam GG, and sell all their items. I also reported 2 people recently for AFKing for 5+ minutes then trying to blame everyone else for not pausing.

Top Bottom