• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Good on him, fuck buying BKB.

I have thrown quite alot of games by not buying BKB... My friends always call me out on it, but I hate buying it for some reason...
Because when you look at it you're like '+10 str +16 dmg for 4K gold?? garbo tbh' and ignore the more intangible benefit of being immune to lockdown, debuffs etc

Sometimes I'll be six slotted as a carry without BKB and unable to close out the game, then as soon as I buy it and swap out an SnY or something team fights become EZ mode and we can end very quickly

[edit] and even if the have things that go through BKB it often means you have to prioritise them differently if someone has a BKB so it often still helps anyway

just play lifestealer. built in bkb that gives attack speed
SeemsGood.png

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
The best thing about buying bkb is using your 10 second charge after you already got chunked down to 20% health.

I once bought a bkb on Am and had it sit in the stash for several teamfights. No one noticed or said anything (including myself).

Kopite

At times. I've just started telling him to quit bitching. He usually focuses on 1 other person to blame. He's not as bad as other friends of mine, just stubborn.

It's weird, as of recent I have become a lot more zen while playing DotA
. I think I just got tired of the game making me angry, so I barely ever blame others unless they are comically bad or intentionally do shitty stuff like give up, spam GG, and sell all their items. I also reported 2 people recently for AFKing for 5+ minutes then trying to blame everyone else for not pausing.
How?

Low Tier
i buy bkbs nowadays cuz i wanna win

but whenever i want to have fun i never buy it

its more fun trying to play around lockdowns tbh

Twookie

tried a game with arc warden, feels horrible to play with these changes
like, I understand why those changes had to be made, but man, he feels useless now

like, I understand why those changes had to be made, but man, he feels useless now

I think it will take a little while for that one 6-7k mmr player to figure out a great build on him and popularize it.

Acinixys

Remember when Storm was in every game?

How about Invoker?

Techies ruining every single game?

Jugg and Sniper with MoMs and infinite 300 dps shrapnel?

Let Arc stay in the dumpster for a while

inkls

I think it will take a little while for that one 6-7k mmr player to figure out a great build on him and popularize it.

I don't think so.

Flux bkb-piercing removed (which is fine)
evasion field doesn't give evasion except vs range heroes not standing in the field
Nerfed number of midas uses (now max of 2 instead of 3)
can't build rapier

The hero had a 42% wr with the cheese rapier build and with all his pre-nerfed abilities as well as high gpm from 3x midas.
hero is just eh right now.

Icefrog wants to decide what to do with the hero so he put him on the bench for now.

Twookie

Remember when Storm was in every game?

How about Invoker?

Techies ruining every single game?

Jugg and Sniper with MoMs and infinite 300 dps shrapnel?

Let Arc stay in the dumpster for a while

arc warden was never as much picked as any of these tho
like, I understand the nerf to his mom/divine build but he's so shitty now
there's no reason to pick him I feel like

Montenai's WW

thats a fucking cool set

Nah they're gonna release it week of. Valve's gonna teach 'em a thing or two about counterprogramming. Everyone will start defending the ancients again!!!!!!

no way i'll play dotes when overwatch comes out, but i still want to needlessly spend money on useless hats and challenges :|

Hylian7

Nobody likes magic immunity, all we want as a carry is damage to right-click people down... and farm faster.

Until the day you get kited to hell by Invoker, burst down by Zeus, or chain-stunned by 3 opponents.
Exactly. I generally hate buying BKB, and will only get it unless I absolutely have to. Some heroes I hate it more on than others, such as Storm (would rather get Linkens on him), but it can be a necessary evil even on heroes like that.

I do agree with the general sentiment that BKB has become less and less relevant over the years, but it is still a core part of the game and always will be. It just isn't a blanket solution to all your problems anymore.

I mean, what other item in the game has an acronym heard so often that people that don't even play this game know what it is, or at least hear of often enough to mock Dota players and say something like "SS re re gg BKB"

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Ya the Overwatch cartoons don't really do anything for me either. I watch em just cause it's Overwatch but I've been so over 3D animation since Reboot and Beast Wars.

To be fair I extra don't care about the Dota comics and I actually love comic books.

I guess I'm just pretty apathetic towards lore in all videogames to be honest. I just wanna shoot/slash shit.

Wok

I have started playing some Meepo. It has not gone too well.

Somehow, I have been unable to end the games, because:
  • I was the only one farmed on my team, so people could not help me 1 vs 5,
  • Whenever I died, I had to wait for like 1 min 30 sec to respawn.
The hero shines at farming, pushing and getting pick-offs, but I was somehow playing it badly for teamfights.

I am considering getting sheepstick or abyssal on him. Or maybe heart of tarrasque to survive.

Arol

Sheever not invited to manila major.

cBj1LTf.png

I wonder what the talent list is. Wish Valve would release it unless they haven't confirmed everyone yet; can't imagine anyone denying an invite.

But I guess Valve really likes Redeye as the panel/twitch host. Maybe even Chobra?

That guy from ESL Manila seemed like a great event host. I'm not attending Manila Major but I'm curious if they're considering him.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Using majors to test out other talent. FeelsBadMan

I'm fine with that, give new blood some spotlight to shine. If they do great, great! If they dont, YOU'RE FIRED. Reddit will make a thread for everyone anyway good or bad, so everyone leaves a winner with a pat on the back.

half the current "dota talent" is so
and a quarter so
1x

So throw me something fresh, what's the worst that can happen. Oh, and give me macho man 2.0
1x
. That dude was some new blood for the big stage and he was amazing. Prior he had only done a few minor tournaments here and there, but ESL Manila put him on the map. Major can bring out more exciting and entertaining talent like that, ideally.

Top Bottom