• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

Nah, not babyrage, just irritation at the trends over the last 2 years. I'm glad you guys all enjoy it. Please support Valve cause they've made a great adaptation of Dota, but it's actually becoming TF2 all over again and I don't want to be a part of it. Going to uninstall the game for good I think. Only a week until Overwatch anyways. I'll probably follow the rest of this year's big tournaments unless I get bored of that too, but I think you guys are finally going to be rid of me.

Nah, not babyrage, just irritation at the trends over the last 2 years. I'm glad you guys all enjoy it. Please support Valve cause they've made a great adaptation of Dota, but it's actually becoming TF2 all over again and I don't want to be a part of it. Going to uninstall the game for good I think. Only a week until Overwatch anyways. I'll probably follow the rest of this year's big tournaments unless I get bored of that too, but I think you guys are finally going to be rid of me.

yea based metzen would never do something like this

Condemning Valve and Dota for being a gambling circuit is all well and good, but I really doubt Overwatch doesn't end up going down the same path, honestly. They already have the chests and shit. Just a matter of time before it becomes pervasive. There are already obnoxious skins like the explorer gorilla.

KingKong

Condemning Valve and Dota for being a gambling circuit is all well and good, but I really doubt Overwatch doesn't end up going down the same path, honestly. They already have the chests and shit. Just a matter of time before it becomes pervasive. There are already obnoxious skins like the explorer gorilla.

They saved time by adding annoying skins and emotes from the get go

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
yea based metzen would never do something like this

Eh, if/when Blizzard fucks Overwatch I'll stop playing that too. WoW and HotS are clearly an indicator that Bliz is not above shitting all over their own IP.

WB from ur ban btw

KingKong

Never forget

wonder-billie.png

Low Tier
how do you people even play video games

its like if anything insults u or doesnt go your way in the least bit you go up in arms about it

like its completely your choice so there's nothing wrong with it, but posting about it is so silly I feel. At times it honestly feels nothing short of a cry for attention.

peace and love

kasane

i eat this shit up because i played wc3 dota for 7 years without paying a dime

guess this is my way of repaying icefrog for my childhood

LiQuid!

how do you people even play video games

its like if anything insults u or doesnt go your way in the least bit you go up in arms about it

like its completely your choice so there's nothing wrong with it, but posting about it is so silly I feel. At times it honestly feels nothing short of a cry for attention.

peace and love

It's not like I'm being a whiner about it or anything. This isn't the first time I've spoken out about awful Dota 2 hat culture and economy and I got shit on the last time I spoke out too, even tho I wasn't being whiny there either. All you whales lining gabe's pockets are the reason they have no reason to actually make video games anymore. They'll just keep running their current cash cows into the ground as long as they stay in the black on absurd hat sales and then they'll buy a new IP from someone else, slap a 2 on the end of the title and the whole cycle will continue.

It's not like the circle jerk will end cuz one jaded fuck speaks out on it. You guys keep your wallets open as long as you like, it doesn't effect me in any way, other than I miss Valve making video games and not concocting ingenious schemes to get their fans to throw money at them for frivolities.

Quesa

Is the skin goofy/outside of the archetype of the character?

obnoxious.
I have like zero regard for "the sanctity of the lore" or whatever, so the sillier skins tend to be my favorite ones. Playing dress-up or what-if is way more fun for me than traying to justify the outfit within the character.

Case in point: the mount pointed out in the post below your is the exact one I use in HotS.

It's the "check out how fuckin sick this is" ones (like some of the "evil" HotS skins) that do nothing for me. But even those I wouldn't call obnoxious.

Chris R

Quests are the worst, because whenever I get one done, the team is just too heavcy

pos 5 aa solo support outfarms 1 sven 2 drow NO KAPPA

Low Tier
nah man i mean its to each their own about that kind of shit. Valve used to do that yes but the field changes and Valve at the end of a day is a business, so they're not to fault there. Neither are the consumers, nor the anti-consumers. The only thing I have a gripe with is posting as such in a forum where the majority think and behave the opposite. It really won't do anything except have your opinion be thrown against the opposition, and just reflects poorly I guess.

But really who cares. Let people entertain themselves however they wish as long as its not harmful to others.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So, we are at 4 Million Trees Destroyed, out of 20 Billion...

Did Valve not think this through very well? I think they will either need to lower the amount, or start some multiplyer.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Feels a bit odd that none of the new immortals have custom icons.

Also, apparently more than half the river effects are unused:
b99262f090.jpg

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Well most of those effects are eye-searing and you'd have to be high as fuck to enjoy them so I think it's good they're not in the game.

Give me Vial ice though.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Well most of those effects are eye-searing and you'd have to be high as fuck to enjoy them so I think it's good they're not in the game.

Give me Vial ice though.

I'm guessing some of these will roll out with events. Like Ice for Winter, maybe the Orange one for Fall/Halloween.

They could also put the alternative river colors with some really gaudy maps.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I like the new dialogue with it.

The number of times I have seen it where it's about to stop on Arcana/Spin again and then barely goes over to the next Sven or Riki set I already have is irritating though.
rage.gif

I'm wishing they recorded more lines for it. They had the VAs, they could have gotten like 10 minutes of dialog for both characters and been good for years.

It is cool to see them add more audio content like this though It reminds me that a while back, it looked like the tutorial was supposed to be voiced at one point too, but that clearly got shelved.

Wok

So what is the opinion on the new compendium? Is it worth it if I don't have a ton of money to sink into it?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So what is the opinion on the new compendium? Is it worth it if I don't have a ton of money to sink into it?

The $10 version is basically the Winter Battle Pass, so if you liked the quests, go for it.

Its going to be hard to get immortals without sinking some real money into the thing though, Immortal Chest 2 and 3 don't start giving extra chests until level 98 and 167 respectively. I have no clue how easy or hard it will be to get levels.

Wok

The $10 version is basically the Winter Battle Pass, so if you liked the quests, go for it.

Its going to be hard to get immortals without sinking some real money into the thing though, Immortal Chest 2 and 3 don't start giving extra chests until level 98 and 167 respectively. I have no clue how easy or hard it will be to get levels.

Thanks. Well, I didn't get the winter pass because I am not into quests. I will guess I will buy a level 1 compendium, then go back to my meepo smurf to have some fun, and end up buying some immortals from the market after TI.

H13

anyone know where to check the prizepool tracker.
and i dont know why people hate this game.
this game is awesome even though people playing it are shit

Lotto

all i want is that immortal gardens terrain and i have to shell out so much for it. not a fan of battle passes zzzz

Don't get saber on roaming riki. Get oov pms and that mini desolator orb then rush diffusal and you are good to go
And imo Healy boots are better than phase

Wok

I need the rough guide to roaming Riki please. I'm pretty sure it's Phase/Echo/Diffusal/OoV but the skill build is tricky.

To be fair, roaming Riki is not as good as it used to be. It is harder to sustain in lane, it is harder to snipe couriers.

Don't get saber on roaming riki. Get oov pms and that mini desolator orb then rush diffusal and you are good to go
And imo Healy boots are better than phase

Sometimes you need that damage and movement speed boost.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
At the rate we are going, we won't be done before 2017:
DzIt64W.png

I think Valve must have overestimated how many trees actually get destroyed in an average game.

Top Bottom