• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

Quesa

Used to be really in favor of it, but peole were exploiting that with zeus so they toned it down. Also, i wonder if seasonal calibration uses your unranked or ranked mmr as the baseline...

BHK3

Banned
Yea my $10 mmr is going to be in the toilet, I'm getting flashbacks for when I got my mmr on my smurf where every game was full of ragers and feeders netting me my 3500. I then climbed up to 4200 or something or like that, since my main was calibrated at 4k flat where I won most of the games(I spammed support on both).

ikjQhdH.jpg

Wok

Probably still a deciding factor but it's very hard to calibrate above 4500. There are reports of people calibrating just shy of 5k but you can't be a 5k+ player right off the bat anymore.

I am not sure about that: I got matched against a 5.6K MMR player who had about 150 matches and was playing unranked. I checked his dotabuff and it seemed as if he had just calibrated with few ranked matches.

Edit: Nope, I cannot find it anymore.

Even when you initially calibrate you have a "hidden" mmr thats used in unranked matchmaking to match you with people close to your skill level (although not as much as ranked).

So when you do your 10 calibration matches you essentially get a couple hundred mmr above or below your unranked mmr depending on how your calibration games went.

I am ok with the that since my unranked MMR now is at least 1k above my calibration that I did when MMR system was introduced

I am not sure about that: I got matched against a 5.6K MMR player who had about 150 matches and was playing unranked. I checked his dotabuff and it seemed as if he had just calibrated with few ranked matches.

Edit: Nope, I cannot find it anymore.

He might have turned off his Dotabuff. To my knowledge, there are absolutely no reports of anyone calibrating past 5k ever since the Zeus exploit came to their attention. PPD's smurf calibrated at 4.4k, Draskyl's at 4.3k and so forth.

yarden24

FUCK IT $10 TO RECALIBRATE ILL DO IT

don't forget you need to play 40 matches of dota to get a new mmr as well, that's like 2-3 years worth of matches.

Honestly this system is the exact opposite of what I need though, I need something to raise my unranked MMR, my ranked one is fine, and im not going to spam solo queue unranked to get it higher.

Russ T

Banned
So are there stretch goals or not?

"TRADITIONAL STRETCH GOAL REWARDS NOW INCLUDED WITH YOUR INITIAL PURCHASE"

The way I interpreted that is that everyone who buys a battle pass will receive all stretch goals that are unlocked. But it seems like some people are interpreting it to mean that there are no stretch goals, and they've been replaced/removed in favor of unlocking through levels.

I know it doesn't show any stretch goals yet, which is why I think I'm probably wrong. Plus it's already at $3.6m which (correct me if I'm wrong) should've hit at least one goal by now based on previous years?

1V1 ME IF THIS QUESTION WAS ANSWERED IN PREVIOUS PAGES

52club

So much content in this compendium, it is interesting they just dumped about 80% of it at one time. I've been playing this game for about three years and it is still a little overwhelming. I cannot imagine a newer player trying to decipher all this. I'm not complaining, but also think at times less can be interpreted as more.

inkls

I am ok with the that since my unranked MMR now is at least 1k above my calibration that I did when MMR system was introduced

I think mmr can be misleading in that sense. Like you get games with guys who clearly got there because they are good, but then you also get people who clearly either calibrated there by luck or were super lucky in their ranked games.

Had a mid who picked Sniper INTO Puck, Slark, Axe.

Or a game were our carry spectre built drums into vanguard into manta into Crimson Guard(???) into butterfly. So he did 0 dmg and complained all game about his team.

Most of the time I feel its one team hading the victory to the other team, by doing things like having no supports or the opposite and having a 5 man carry team and being left to farm by the other team.

Chris R

I think last night was a first, winning a game when there is no courier purchased at the horn.

Even got my first quest done, so yay.

I almost fucking blew the game tho, very sloppy play in certain cases by me, need to go back and watch the final 10 minutes and try to think "NEVER AGAIN" I'll just blame the beers for now...

pompidu

Who the fuck picks bounty hunter then doesn't use track for the first 30 mins of the game. God this fucking game, let me ban people already

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Argh. If 'high server load' takes away my 12 minute aether lens I'm gonna be pissed.

Didn't think I'd get it after a bad start vs tinker (with a gank from bat when I was pushed out pretty far), but ulted to help secure a team fight and killed someone else off-screen, got it at 11:55, lol.

when you win a game but forgot to wager....

That was also me, lol.

Fevaweva

Team Secret, along with Puppey and PLD, are streaming on Panda.tv on the 22nd. What is up with that? Are they sponsoring Secret now or are they trying to get dat China moneyz?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i will say that it's more graphically demanding than the old map

i should imagine that if you're playing the game comfortably with all the bells and whistles on (i.e. you have a computer not 5 years old) then it probably wont be an issue

however for me, i am getting about 45-70fps on the old map with normal maps, ambient occlusion, specular and specular highlights, and high quality water turned off and shadow quality set to high, and on the new map with the same settings i was getting consistent dips to 25, so i'll need to drop settings if i want to add it to my rotation permanently

Hylian7

i will say that it's more graphically demanding than the old map

i should imagine that if you're playing the game comfortably with all the bells and whistles on (i.e. you have a computer not 5 years old) then it probably wont be an issue

however for me, i am getting about 45-70fps on the old map with normal maps, ambient occlusion, specular and specular highlights, and high quality water turned off and shadow quality set to high, and on the new map with the same settings i was getting consistent dips to 25, so i'll need to drop settings if i want to add it to my rotation permanently

So basically like some of the weather effects having issues with performance. I don't know if they still do in Source 2, but I remember in Source 1 some of them caused performance issues.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
So basically like some of the weather effects having issues with performance. I don't know if they still do in Source 2, but I remember in Source 1 some of them caused performance issues.

i don't think it's the weather effects; the new map looks to me like it has a lot more geometry than the old one for a start e.g. it's a little difficult to see thanks to jpeg compression, but on brick walls such as the ward spot in the radiant base, all of the bricks are individually modelled.

i actually don't have any weather effects turned on in those shots, they're all the map 'as is'

Top Bottom