• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

shira

reminds me, anyone who's upgraded to windows 10 previously have windows 7 registry edits?

I've got various libraries and folders set to path to other hard drives and I'm loathe to lose those settings when I upgrade to W10. Are registry edits easy to do or are they still finicky as all hell? Will the installation wipe those edits or remember them?

I think it's generally agreed upon to do a full wipe install instead of the "upgrade"

Artanisix

fuk me luv those immortals<3<3 realy great working valve , hope to see a tree imortal soon!

edit: on the actual compendium website u can see silhouettes of heroes for the other treasures, anyone able to identify who we got for these treasures?

Russ T

Banned
I think it's generally agreed upon to do a full wipe install instead of the "upgrade"

Nah, most people I know just upgraded in place and it was perfectly fine. I definitely didn't do a full install. (Well, I did a month later when my hard drive died...)

bounchfx

Ridiculous and shit, like all of LC's cosmetics.

she looks like a gundam Lol

there I was making a light armor set for LC, turns out they only want bulkier shit, brb working on Mecha Godzilla set for LC and star destroyer sized & themed oracle set
endless waltz could fit dota pretty well after we're done with warhammer tho

Ultrarares? What are you doing, Valve? What are you doing?
playing into the $$ motherfuckers willing to pay for even a .00000000001 % chance at getting those items
ez prize pool

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I dunno why but these compendium updates always annoy the shit out of me. People gleefully throwing money at more obscene hats and blatant gambling schemes just gets on my nerves.

bounchfx

I dunno why but these compendium updates always annoy the shit out of me. People gleefully throwing money at more obscene hats and blatant gambling schemes just gets on my nerves.

yeah, I mean to be fair, it is a F2P game and this is their solution, it just stinks that the art style has gotten so diluted that the art direction itself has gone out the window in favor of flash and pandering to teenage aesthetic preference. the gambling stuff is to catch the whales, can't blame em. It's fun in it's own right but it's starting to feel excessive, just can't let yourself get too sucked in or controlled by it. I like putting money back into the system because I have so much fun playing the game sometimes, but it's very easy to just keep spending, just gotta stay on top of yourself.

the shitty part though is that the practices in general just encourage valve to push their old standards further and further away until eventually we're not going to recognize anything, just the nature of the monetization model these days maybe

Swig_

There's a few cool items, but I think I may sit this Compendium out. Not into the whole spend lots of money to get all of the items model. Kinda regretted it last year and this year looks worse, aside from some of the immortal items..

Also the "seasonal" effects bother me. Yeah, I want to spend lots of money on stuff that goes away. I'd rather spend $30 an an Arcana or something.

Also, last years music park was extremely disappointing. I'd have to hear a sample before jumping on board.

How the fuck is Doom beating out Timber for the immortal vote?

the fuck is wrong with this community

DOOMGuy.png
doom is a good hero
DOOMGuy.png

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Timber has too many buttons to be popular.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
I bought the level 50 battle pass

don't judge me

cm and lina talk when you spin the prize wheel

There's only a few different quotes, but it's pretty good hearing them bicker, lol.

The Pachinko machine Lina game has some talking as well.

Low Tier
i see quite a few timber players on USE, almost on par with doom players

but yea chinese players LOVE that hero

shira

she looks like a gundam Lol

there I was making a light armor set for LC, turns out they only want bulkier shit, brb working on Mecha Godzilla set for LC and star destroyer sized & themed oracle set
endless waltz could fit dota pretty well after we're done with warhammer tho

playing into the $$ motherfuckers willing to pay for even a .00000000001 % chance at getting those items
ez prize pool

tumblr_mf4pzpJzvC1qm6tzso1_500.gif

Shake harder boy

impact

Banned
Hey guys, I want to get into DOTA 2 but I like... really really struggle to properly move my hands/fingers on a keyboard in a skill based manner for more than typing. (even for typing I use my whole left hand for the left side of the keyboard, and only my right index finger for the right side of the keyboard.)

I like... have really, really, bad control of my finger muscles (are those a thing?) I assume DOTA 2 is really keyboard command intensive, is there any good way to "train" my fingers so I can get good at continuous and fast keyboard strikes? Anyone have any good pics of how I should have my hands on the keyboard? Bing isn't giving me good results :p

For reference, in other PC games, like Counter-Strike, for example, I can't comfortably and reliable stretch my pinky finger to "Control" while I move my thumb to "Space", and holding "W" with my Middle finger to "jump crouch". I feel like I have no... Weight? No control? of my pinky? Have to really force myself and think about it too do it, so it's awkward and slow.

MODS PLS

Top Bottom