• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

The people saying that juke paths should be that obvious everywhere on all maps have the right of it. It's dumb that you have to research how the trees are laid out just because the dota 2 viewpoint/tree models aren't clear about it.

KingKong

its pretty funny that Valve are trying to bribe people into topping last years prize pool with the rarest items. and it's going to work too

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
2.6 mil $ in the first day of TI6 sales.

WxPbdMJ.png

I didn't realize we beat the other days so much. I was thinking that 1 Million on day 1 seemed low.

I still think there is 0 chance we can destroy 20 Billion trees in 3 months. Unless Valve releases some custom game that is all about killing trees, and that counts towards it.

I didn't realize we beat the other days so much. I was thinking that 1 Million on day 1 seemed low.

I still think there is 0 chance we can destroy 20 Billion trees in 3 months. Unless Valve releases some custom game that is all about killing trees, and that counts towards it.
Tree numbers will be tweaked most likely.

Hylian7

At first I raised an eyebrow at the square hedge trees in that part of the map, but then I thought about it more and realized it really isn't a big deal (or a deal at all), and the regular map has obviously marked juke spaces too.

In recent years (after New Bloom 2014 I think), there was a pretty significant update that carried some of the map features from the New Bloom map over to the regular map. The chief of these was trees marking entrances to juke spaces.

3vq7Gce.jpg

3bMaVbc.jpg

ugN69d3.png

N7RIBwh.png

Now as for the square trees in question...

AQG1MLw.png

LMxxGdi.jpg

Is that so hard to tell where the spaces are? I really don't think so, it's fairly clear on the regular map where they are. I agree the square trees certainly earn cosmetic style points, but I don't think they provide any real advantage over the normal map.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
People say the new map is p2w but isn't it literally only one section of the map that has those square bushes

it's the entire map, that particular section is just the "poster-boy" after the slacks video, plus it's just an easy example to visually showcase the difference

Is that so hard to tell where the spaces are? I really don't think so, it's fairly clear on the regular map where they are. I agree the square trees certainly earn cosmetic style points, but I don't think they provide any real advantage over the normal map.

someone who has that map has much clearer vision of the juke patterns than someone that doesn't for both chasing someone into those trees or using those trees to juke defensively.

the degree to which it's pay 2 win doesn't really matter to me, big or small. the fact is compared to the more obfuscated regular map, those tree patterns are much clearer and more deliberately show the exact juke routes/hidey holes

miniscule, minor, or large advantage whatever you wanna categorize it as, it's still an advantage

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Before I had some rough idea of the pathways but I never knew they were square shaped with all those crannies and so forth.

I don't spend a lot of my time juking but I can see myself doing it a lot more on this map.

Not that I would play this stupid game STELLARIS FOR LIFE.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Don't think it matters what the tree count is set to. Valve isn't going to withold w.e they have, it's just something to look forward to.

Haly

Don't think it matters what the tree count is set to. Valve isn't going to withold w.e they have, it's just something to look forward to.

Treant arcana.

When we deforest all of Dota, Treant becomes Captain Planet in order to take revenge for his fallen comrades.

Haly

My demand isn't frothing but by the time these immortals are marketable I know I will want rainbow enchantress spear and solar forge.

Qvoth

2.6 mil $ in the first day of TI6 sales.

WxPbdMJ.png

will you be updating the neogaf dota 2 emoticon extension with the new ti6 emoticons?
maybe even all the other twitch chat emoticons? i think the script version has all twitch emoticons while the extension version is just dota 2's

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

But why release a feature to the game for free with no bullshit attached to it when you can introduce an absurd meta event that will alter the way some people will play the game, fucking up our in-game experience???

shira

I wish there was a way to count how many times each was used but

facepalm.gif

cBj1LTf.png

these are the only two that get used on a daily basis

Hylian7

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2370572371

Survey: Should I have gotten Blink on position 1 Tiny in this game?

I think not simply because they had an Alchemist going Radiance, the LC with Shadow Blade, and stuff like that. We needed Aghs and AC vs the Alch (unfortunately I couldn't get the AC up because all of us took bad fights and kept getting picked off, and i had no space to farm). You beat Alch with armor.

I was unsure about the MoM purchase, but I needed something for sustain and early attack speed.

Low Tier
this hylian7 dotabuff link is actually hilarious.

how do you have lowest hero damage and almost no tower damage as tiny.

blink or shadowblade is mandatory for that hero get real

Haly

I think Blink rush is usually better because you can just one shot anyone with your combo. It gets your Aghs going a lot faster than hitting creeps.

Hylian7

I think Blink rush is usually better because you can just one shot anyone with your combo. It gets your Aghs going a lot faster than hitting creeps.

I can see that for a mid Tiny, but I'm not seeing the rationale for it on position 1 Tiny. It just feels like going all in on something that's not guaranteed.

Haly

I can see that for a mid Tiny, but I'm not seeing the rationale for it on position 1 Tiny. It just feels like going all in on something that's not guaranteed.

See that's the thing. I think Blink Tiny is the "guarantee" and Aghs rush as the really greedy "I'm going to farm for 40 minutes" choice.

Tiny is not Sven, and even position 1 Sven goes Blink now so your rationale is kind of behind the meta by a few patches or so.

Aselith

The people saying that juke paths should be that obvious everywhere on all maps have the right of it. It's dumb that you have to research how the trees are laid out just because the dota 2 viewpoint/tree models aren't clear about it.

It's part of getting gud

I should play Tiny more often. I like the big lug and hitting buildings with trees never gets old.

Any of the new items worth it on him?

Tiny is one of those heroes where you don't really change builds much between Mid and Safelane. He has a pretty well established item ramp up because it makes him so effective. You get the Blink and force fights. You guys had Centaur Ult for Engage/Disengage, and an Enigma with Black Hole for Team Fight, that's a Team Fight lineup, with decent pushing if you get the Aghs by like 20-25 minutes. You should have skipped drums and MoM and gone for Blink/Echo Sabre instead, while forcing team fights nonstop and boxing them in. Instead, it would appear you tried to outfarm a team that has a Kotl\PL, Jungle LC, and Alchemist.

I should play Tiny more often. I like the big lug and hitting buildings with trees never gets old.

Echo Sabre has everything Tiny could want.

Aselith

The Echo seems like it might be decent although he's usually pretty slot constrained. maybe late for some extra hits on the tower bashes. Haven't tried it yet though I'll have to tonight.

The Echo seems like it might be decent although he's usually pretty slot constrained. maybe late for some extra hits on the tower bashes. Haven't tried it yet though I'll have to tonight.

You can just get rid of it after you have Aghs\AC because then Tiny only needs to get 1 set of his combo off and just beat the crap out of the other team with a tree.

Hylian7

See that's the thing. I think Blink Tiny is the "guarantee" and Aghs rush as the really greedy "I'm going to farm for 40 minutes" choice.

Tiny is not Sven, and even position 1 Sven goes Blink now so your rationale is kind of behind the meta by a few patches or so.

Tiny is one of those heroes where you don't really change builds much between Mid and Safelane. He has a pretty well established item ramp up because it makes him so effective. You get the Blink and force fights. You guys had Centaur Ult for Engage/Disengage, and an Enigma with Black Hole for Team Fight, that's a Team Fight lineup, with decent pushing if you get the Aghs by like 20-25 minutes. You should have skipped drums and MoM and gone for Blink/Echo Sabre instead, while forcing team fights nonstop and boxing them in. Instead, it would appear you tried to outfarm a team that has a Kotl\PL, Jungle LC, and Alchemist.

Echo Sabre has everything Tiny could want.

Hmm, I guess so. Just going Blink on a position 1 makes me nervous because it's so snowball reliant. If things don't go exactly as planned, you have no safety net.

Hmm, I guess so. Just going Blink on a position 1 makes me nervous because it's so snowball reliant. If things don't go exactly as planned, you have no safety net.

Their team needed a lot of farm to be effective, and according to the kill chart you guys were (rightly) beating up on them early. Then once Alch started to come online you just fell apart. You need the Blink early to blow up 1 target asap--probably Mirana in this case to prevent a Moonlight Shadow escape--and force them to always fight at a disadvantage. Once you had 1-2 down you could just plow through towers and win by 35 minutes.

Hylian7

Their team needed a lot of farm to be effective, and according to the kill chart you guys were (rightly) beating up on them early. Then once Alch started to come online you just fell apart. You need the Blink early to blow up 1 target asap--probably Mirana in this case to prevent a Moonlight Shadow escape--and force them to always fight at a disadvantage. Once you had 1-2 down you could just plow through towers and win by 35 minutes.

Makes sense, I'm just not particularly accostomed to playing position 1 carries in this manner, it feels like the antithesis of the role, but like you said it does work.

I was just thinking we needed armor/armor reduction for Alch.

I was just thinking we needed armor/armor reduction for Alch.

That's a fair point, and AC is a great item to counter that, but you aren't going to outfarm an Alch before he starts bowling through your lanes, so you have to go push heavy early on. If anything, with the amount of physical damage they had plus the armor reduction from Acid Spray, MoM is probably the last item you should have gotten. Hell, you probably could have gotten a Blademail instead of Drums\MoM and gotten more out of it. Against an Alch I would have gone Treads->(RoB*->)Blink->Echo Sabre->Aghs->AC.

* - Only if the -Armor was an issue and you needed mana regen. A Soul Ring or Bottle would have worked as well.

sibarraz

Banned
Hadn't played since the release of legion commander.

I know that I had missing a lot of things, but which are the most radical changes?

It seems like new items were introduced, when this happened?

Top Bottom