• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

jacobs34

So, say a fella was crazy enough to want to try to learn Dota 2 in 2016, what kinds of tutorials/videos should he be looking for? The tutorial link in the OP is busted for me. I don't have friends who are into the game, but I've always admired the game from afar and now want to try it out. My only history with MOBA's has been playing a handful of games of LOL a couple of years ago.

So, say a fella was crazy enough to want to try to learn Dota 2 in 2016, what kinds of tutorials/videos should he be looking for? The tutorial link in the OP is busted for me. I don't have friends who are into the game, but I've always admired the game from afar and now want to try it out. My only history with MOBA's has been playing a handful of games of LOL a couple of years ago.

Welcome to Dota.

shira

https://www.reddit.com/r/learndota2/wiki/index

Low Tier
i just realized harson is climbing mmr at the same rate hylian is losing mmr

harson stop stealing hylians mmr
cry.gif

this is an old video but its still really helpful

Hylian7

That's weird, I originally wrote that part of the OP that had the links in it. Not sure why they are busted, but here they are:

This is Dota - Video that basically summarizes what Dota is.
Welcome to Dota, You Suck (one of the best starter guides out there)

Roles:

Position 1 - Carry
Position 2 - Mid
Position 3 - Offlane
Position 4 - Farming support
Position 5 - Hard support

Qojkva (sp) gets outlasthit mid in every game that I happen to spectate. I remember him getting outlast hit 3:1 or something like that as Invoker against Noone's Puck a few days ago.

Be a good friend and don't ruin his life.

"Hype casting" is just utter shit. I honestly accept no other opinion on it unless in the ultra rare case when it's actually authentic. 99% of the time it's fake and the casters who just screamed at the top of their lungs will continue commentating in their usual manner 2 seconds later. That's not how authenticity works.

J2d

While these challenges are fun they are making me miserable at the same time and I just had a game as sven where i did more than 3000 cleave damage but i didn't get a star on it, dunno what the fuck was up with that =/

Swig_

How do the quests work? If I skip some, can I do them later, or do I need to do them when I have the chance to get the points? Also, can I go back and redo a quest if I only scored 1 or 2 stars on it?

Russ T

Banned
How do the quests work? If I skip some, can I do them later, or do I need to do them when I have the chance to get the points? Also, can I go back and redo a quest if I only scored 1 or 2 stars on it?

You can't skip any. And yes you can go back and redo them to get more stars.

Russ T

Banned
Oh, so you have to fill out the entire sheet? There were a few that looked like I didn't have to do because the path I took went past them.

Oh, yeah sorry you can skip those! That's just taking an alternate path. I thought you meant leapfrogging a quest.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I hate Elder Titan. I think I can win the next game, I did manage to have the most kill last game.

I just built really fucking tanky, get a blademail, and stand next to people. My Aura + Blademail melted people.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Finally, Got the damn quest completed - it's pure magic, with CM. 1 bit short of 3 stars, oh well.

Next up is the bloodstone one.. lesh it is i guess.

how 2 build farming habits?

I like always play hard support, roamer and sometimes offlaner(becoming my fav). I'm just too used to look for teamfights, and more often than not, become frustrated with my teammates shitty supporting, so I'd rather do the supporting and forget farming.

This is not counting heroes with "easy" farming abilities.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Why does the river look like an oil leak now? It's really gross.

Top Bottom