• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

M.D

lmao did they lose off of that?

Yup.

moon, cr1t and miracle shouldn't have stayed mid and try to fight, that is what actually led to them losing both lanes of rax, but that whole sequence of events was started by notail diving the enemy base for no reason

Twookie

the new effects on tp, blink, force etc etc are really pretty, shame they don't last forever
5PgeuoX.gif

Wok

I used to be nice and mute toxic people.

I think I still am actually.

Just not when I play Meepo and people flame me... for their own mistakes. I got reported in 6 games out of 25, most likely for tilting and going afk "ff please".

mrlQR5V.png

pwoptnb.png

This is all unranked smurfing.

Poster#1

I used to be nice and mute toxic people.

I think I still am actually.

Just not when I play Meepo and people flame me... for their own mistakes. I got reported in 6 games out of 25, most likely for tilting and going afk "ff please".

mrlQR5V.png

pwoptnb.png

This is all unranked smurfing.

Where did you get these stats from?

Wok

I wish the show reports thing was around back when I played techies 4 times a day

When a game goes wrong and there is a Meepo or a Techies, it is always good to blame them. With Meepo, I actually don't care because last hitting is not a problem so games are pretty much stress-free. Even with just Travels and Agha, Meepo is a big threat to most opponents.

Where did you get these stats from?

https://yasp.co/players/345333761

You have to make your games be analyzed though. Creating an account, requesting to analyze a few games and logging in every so often is sufficient.

For the report summary, it is available in the in-game client.

I mostly play solo unranked. I'm not sure if it's because of the BP introduced separate ranked mode or if I really have a rather high hidden MMR (5.7k ranked but hardly ever play this and I wanna argue I improved a decent bunch. since then) but fuck it if I'm not averaging 8-10mins wait time currently.

I think the less competitive nature of unranked can be used well to improve yourself. In areas where you aren't quite as sufficient as you want to be, it can be hard to actually get there when the game demands your very best every second. If you for instance want to get extremely good at a specific hero, you need to get accustomed to it first and that's easier to do in a more relaxed round. You still need to play with the intend on actively improving, of course. If you play Tiny and laugh how easy it is to get a good avalanche/toss combo out instead of actually trying your best to make the jump in difficult situations, too, or be more experimental in general, then that won't help you improve.

edit:
That said, the MMR disparity between players can be too stupid at times in unranked. Again, might be because most people at my MMR level prefer playing ranked but if you get legit 4k players paired with/against 5.7-6k ones, that's just gonna suck. Average team mmr doesn't help there too much.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Solo is just a coin flip x 4 on how good your teammates are, and how much you can compensate depending on which position/character you pick.

Its just a whole lot more odds/variables that you can't control, only be optimistic.

Or rage when you lose, I guess.

edit: Also, any heroes besides zeus and maybe SS who don't necessarily lose anything by rushing bloodstone? the 'Try not to spill any' quest seems relatively tight time-wise than any of the quests prior to it.

Tried a QoP game (admittedly in a place where I absolutely shouldn't have rushed it), and got rocked.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
edit: Also, any heroes besides zeus and maybe SS who don't necessarily lose anything by rushing bloodstone? the 'Try not to spill any' quest seems relatively tight time-wise than any of the quests prior to it.

timber

Wok

Why on Earth rush a bloodstone on Zeus?

If I remember correctly:

2x Clarity > Bottle > Mana Boots > Veil > Blink > Aether Lens > Octarine > Refresher > Travel Boots

Edit: Yeah, something along these lines:

okq7wCY.png

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?

If I remember correctly:

2x Clarity > Bottle > Mana Boots > Veil > Blink > Aether Lens > Octarine > Refresher > Travel Boots

okq7wCY.png

Not saying its ideal, but aside from aether, he doesn't necessarily need a lot, relatively, to be able to store up gold for a bloodstone.

May have to try a timber game.

its fine in a group but I honestly think solo dota is a genuinely bad experience unless you are a psychopath

I used to play like 6/7 games a day back when I first got into the game, I don't know how I ever survived that, maybe because I was playing with other newbees.

Solo unranked isn't fun either, it's like nobody even cares about winning and is only there to try out stupid shit.

If I remember correctly:

okq7wCY.png

The Octarine got a regen nerf so the bloodstone is better in that aspect.

Top Bottom