• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

kionedrik

Jesus, up there with old favorites like Pudge and Invoker.

Why is Legion so high on pick rate?

everyone wants to be a hero.
same reason pudge always had high pick rate.

Slark only has a 52% win rate.
http://www.dotabuff.com/heroes/winning
Problem is he's picked 26% of the time.

well... he is fun to play but not as easy as some might think. not a typical noob-friendly or all-around carry.
but honestly, those stats are meaningless. you can't group very low skill with very high skill and make percentages out of all those games combined.
http://www.dotabuff.com/heroes/meta

organize 5k+ by pick rate. he has the highest pick rate and barely 50% wr.
why he has those stats is anyone's guess but I'd choose other heroes fatigue and counter to some patch darlings (like potm) above him being op.

Isn't he stronger early game? When there's no BKBs to block your chain disables and Finger and just melts heroes?

When I say early game I mean minutes 0-10ish, BKB isn't an issue until like minute 20. Even then, Lion's strength is initiation, you can't BKB when he blinks in and hexes you.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Isn't he stronger early game? When there's no BKBs to block your chain disables and Finger and just melts heroes?

he's just saying the -2 base int makes his early game slightly weaker than before

But overall yeah it is deceiving sometimes to think of these traditional supports like lion as strongest in the early game. Having short CC disables is how you win late game fights, they can be much more crucial in the last 10 minutes than in the first.

Wok

I am going to try Dragon Lances on Slark.

Hurricane Pike for:
- easy pounces during fights against melee opponents reluctant to die,
- cheap blink with stats,
- possibility to flee and pounce away.

Wok

How did I (the PA) lose this game guys...

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2382371852

Deso + Skadi. Are you serious?

No basher? The vanguard should be the last component of the abyssal. However, to do this, you would have needed sustain: vlads (along desolator), or lifesteal (without desolator). Sniper should have finished the desolator, really.

One of the most op' build for late game with PA is: Power Treads + Satanic + Skadi + Battlefury + Butterfly + Aegis. When Aegis expires, take the abyssal back. Upgrade treads into travel if needed.

So basically, get (satanic or abyssal) and aegis instead of vanguard and deso.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
6.87d:
--
* Doom cooldown increased from 125 to 140
* Armlet health drain increased from 40 to 45 per second
* Sun Ray cooldown increased from 20 to 26
* Beastmaster Boar Attack Damage reduced from 15/30/45/60 to 10/25/40/55
* Call of the Wild Hawk/Boar manacost increased from 15 to 25
* Rolling Boulder slow duration reduced from 2 to 1.4/1.6/1.8/2.0
* Lion's base intelligence reduced by 2
* Track self bonus gold reduced from 200/275/350 to 170/260/350

I guess the Lion nerf isn't to bad, since it just counters the +50 mana everyone got in 6.87, but it makes me sad
sad.gif

Kopite

Deso + Skadi. Are you serious?

No basher? The vanguard should be the last component of the abyssal. However, to do this, you would have needed sustain: vlads (along desolator), or lifesteal (without desolator). Sniper should have finished the desolator, really.

One of the most op' build for late game with PA is: Power Treads + Satanic + Skadi + Battlefury + Butterfly + Aegis. When Aegis expires, take the abyssal back. Upgrade treads into travel if needed.

So basically, get (satanic or abyssal) and aegis instead of vanguard and deso.
It's a new build by Purge actually, going Vanguard and Deso first. I was 1 shotting everyone 25-30 mins in. Yeah I'd normally go for basher, but I was getting 5 manned pretty heavily and thought the Skadi stats would help my survivability. It was kinda impossible to farm anything by that point. But yeah stupid as it was I didn't realize that Skadi was a unique attack modifier...

Why treads over phase boots? The extra damage helps the critical, and although PA's attack speed is pretty bad you've got Phantom Strike. I'm not a fan of Battle Fury, because it's pretty expensive and you're effectiveness is greatly reduced when you're farming for it.

Was it a good/bad decision to not go for an early BKB? I figured that since they didn't seem to have many disables other items took priority.

pompidu

Nothing buy issues with dota in Windows 10.
Takes twice as long to connect to a game, lost 10fps, demo hero mode doesn't spawn anything. Jesus.

Might revert back to 8.1, was stupid to upgrade

Meh, I'm not in the mood to play the game at the moment and frankly, it's got a lot to do with Slark. Whether he is objectively OP or not is irrelevant to me. He is 100% unfun to play against and picked in 90% of my games.

JambiBum

Takes twice as long to connect to a game, lost 10fps, demo hero mode doesn't spawn anything. Jesus.

Been on win10 for months and have had no issues with Dota. Sounds like a personal problem and not an OS one but go ahead and get rid of the best OS in a long time because you hate change.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

have you updated drivers? checked integrity on dota 2? tried reinstalling it?

i had no issues with windows 10 and dota.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
It's a new build by Purge actually, going Vanguard and Deso first. I was 1 shotting everyone 25-30 mins in. Yeah I'd normally go for basher, but I was getting 5 manned pretty heavily and thought the Skadi stats would help my survivability. It was kinda impossible to farm anything by that point. But yeah stupid as it was I didn't realize that Skadi was a unique attack modifier...

Why treads over phase boots? The extra damage helps the critical, and although PA's attack speed is pretty bad you've got Phantom Strike. I'm not a fan of Battle Fury, because it's pretty expensive and you're effectiveness is greatly reduced when you're farming for it.

Was it a good/bad decision to not go for an early BKB? I figured that since they didn't seem to have many disables other items took priority.

The build is mostly fine aside from the deso/skaadi interaction. I'm much more of a phase boots guy so I'm with you on that; I get phase on most carries these days (still depends on the hero though).

As for BKB, it's hard to say when is the appropriate time to buy one without actually being in the game. Are you living? Are you doing damage in fights and killing people? When the answer becomes "no," or you anticipate to be "no" soon, that's the time to buy a BKB. If things are going well, you can probably delay it in favor of raw health and damage items like you did.

As for BKB, it's hard to say when is the appropriate time to buy one without actually being in the game. Are you living? Are you doing damage in fights and killing people? When the answer becomes "no," or you anticipate to be "no" soon, that's the time to buy a BKB. If things are going well, you can probably delay it in favor of raw health and damage items like you did.
This is good advice because I get the feeling people still don't understand BKB isn't an item you build whenever. It is very context-based.

pompidu

Been on win10 for months and have had no issues with Dota. Sounds like a personal problem and not an OS one but go ahead and get rid of the best OS in a long time because you hate change.

Not sure how this is better than windows 7. Nothing I need in 10 that doesn't come with 7.

have you updated drivers? checked integrity on dota 2? tried reinstalling it?

i had no issues with windows 10 and dota.

Yep everything. I even nuked it and started fresh and same shit is happening.

If you wanted Survivability you should have gone for a Heart or Satanic. The reason you get Treads over Phase is because it gives your more survivability ironically. That's offset a bit by going Vanguard., but overall it's probably a better pickup so you can't just get 2 shot by nukes before you get a BKB.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So far, the odds for the rare seem to be:

1/50 for Solar Forge
1/150 for Golden Kitty
1/1000 for Void mace.

Void mace may actually be 1/2000, I'll likely be able to give a better estimate in a few days. The machine I have my Web Crawler on keeps getting crashed by my Replay Auto Saver, so I don't have much data collected yet.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I want that void mace fuck

is it better to buy new level 50 accounts or dump money into my current compendium

If you want the Void mace, buy it from the Market. $200 will get you 35 Level 1 chests (Thats if you go the route of buying 7 Level 50 Battle passes on different account, Dumping it into a current account will only get you 16 more Level 1 chests, you get 1 level 1 chest every 30 levels past 220). It has a 1/1000 chance.

Thats assuming my stuff isn't wildly off, but I got no reason to believe it is.

I want that void mace fuck

is it better to buy new level 50 accounts or dump money into my current compendium

I want that Void mace too :/ I'd agree with Kirby, buy it off the market. But since you're going for level 1000 compendium you might as well just put the money in for that and see if you get lucky with the chests.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
enemy team took one set of rax, fountain dove, died, bought back one by one and died again and then we won

gotta love dota

Top Bottom