• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

shira

A8YniXo.png

Last year NS set was 1/10
Golden Luna was 1/50

So, since we just reached the first community goal in no time after this ludicrous gold tree upgrade, I thew my first fireball and got the expected 100points, then threw a second and, lo and behold, 6000 points!

And then I had suddenly no more ball left. But, guess I can be happy with that anyways.

shira

So, since we just reached the first community goal in no time after this ludicrous gold tree upgrade, I thew my first fireball and got the expected 100points, then threw a second and, lo and behold, 6000 points!

And then I had suddenly no more ball left. But, guess I can be happy with that anyways.

What there's a fucking regenerating shielf on the 24,000
charm_rage.gif
charm_rage.gif
charm_rage.gif

J2d

I'm thinking of making a second account and gift me a compendium, what are the chances that I could just recoup the costs with the initial chests if I wait long enough? (I have a job but there's cents to be made I'm sure!)
What there's a fucking regenerating shield on the 24,000
charm_rage.gif
charm_rage.gif
charm_rage.gif

Yea wtf is up with that? Can you drop several balls at once and hope you get through or something?

Twookie

What there's a fucking regenerating shielf on the 24,000
charm_rage.gif
charm_rage.gif
charm_rage.gif

yeah i found about that one just now. just what valve

also i lost one of my balls by clicking on where i wanted to drop it before it was done loading(i guess? not sure what happened) so I only ended up with two balls :(

yeah i found about that one just now. just what valve

also i lost one of my balls by clicking on where i wanted to drop it before it was done loading(i guess? not sure what happened) so I only ended up with two balls :(

Many have that issue. However, it looks like you actually did get points for a third ball if you check the battle pass points log. I just checked and it looks like my third throw got 500 points.

Russ T

Banned
hey

say i wanted to buy the polycount ward from someone who wanted to sell it

how much would it be worth

i can't find history of a legit sale anywhere!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
hey

say i wanted to buy the polycount ward from someone who wanted to sell it

how much would it be worth

i can't find history of a legit sale anywhere!

Wait, those are tradeable? I'd have the guy double check that he can actually trade/gift the item. There is like 30 of them tops. They were only given to the Winners of the 2012 Polycount contest.

So yeah, I'd say they are worth a lot. Assuming he can actually give it to another account.

Edit: Ok, they are apparently tradable. Take it!

Russ T

Banned
Wait, those are tradeable? I'd have the guy double check that he can actually trade/gift the item. There is like 30 of them tops. They were only given to the Winners of the 2012 Polycount contest.

So yeah, I'd say they are worth a lot. Assuming he can actually give it to another account.

He just put one on the market for 400 but it hasn't shown up yet. It let him go through the process.

But yeah I'm trying to find out how much it's worth and I can't.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
He just put one on the market for 400 but it hasn't shown up yet. It let him go through the process.

But yeah I'm trying to find out how much it's worth and I can't.

Its worth as much as you want to pay for it, I'm going to assume the trading community doesn't even realize they can be sold (They were distributed like 3 years after the contest happened, the contest was in 2012 and Valve gave them out December 2015). Like I said, there are only 30 tops out there. Maybe even as low as 10.

Just ask what he wants. Maybe give like $20/$50, or what ever you feel comfortable offering. I'm assuming its a coworker of yours.

Russ T

Banned
I actually don't want it. He wants to sell it, I'm just trying to help him figure out what to sell it for. But yeah it's a coworker.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I actually don't want it. He wants to sell it, I'm just trying to help him figure out what to sell it for. But yeah it's a coworker.

I guess it depends on how much effort he wants to put into it. Maybe he could just post to the Dota 2 trade subreddit, and see if anyone will make an offer. Someone out there should be willing to pay a good amount for something as rare as it,

He could just stick it on the market for $400 and see if someone buys it in a week. Its something with only sub 50 given out (I'm pretty sure its like 15 total, I think the artists for the 10 workshop items each were given one), so he may be able to get some guy to give him like $1000. One issue is that its hard to get real cash though for something that valuable, and most people would likely want to trade other high worth items.

shira

Where did you get that chart from?

the parsing from your site

I guess it depends on how much effort he wants to put into it. Maybe he could just post to the Dota 2 trade subreddit, and see if anyone will make an offer. Someone out there should be willing to pay a good amount for something as rare as it,

He could just stick it on the market for $400 and see if someone buys it in a week. Its something with only sub 50 given out (I'm pretty sure its like 15 total, I think the artists for the 10 workshop items each were given one), so he may be able to get some guy to give him like $1000. One issue is that its hard to get real cash though for something that valuable, and most people would likely want to trade other high worth items.

Or you could go with a middleman if you want digitalbux instead of steambux

Russ T

Banned

Yeah I'll tell him all this. Sounds about like what I was guessing.

Twookie

The new DC squad 2-0'd complexity in starladder qual today in a very dominating fashion, they look very promising!

Many have that issue. However, it looks like you actually did get points for a third ball if you check the battle pass points log. I just checked and it looks like my third throw got 500 points.
Yeah youre right

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
It looks like we will finish up the Teleport Cancel quest pretty quickly. Should just be a few days, maybe on Monday.

I got 950 points from the Pachinko machine. Why is there even a 100 point option, volvo plz.

I leave it on absentmindedly or to watch really bad people (POTA, stevewinwood) or really good/fun/interesting people (whiskeystrike, king yarden, etc.) when I'm not in the mood to pleigh

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
2 100's and a 750

neat.

EdIt: Also, ty for shoutout <3

Top Bottom