• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

shira

Fuuu, I kinda wanna buy that mace now
dizzy.gif
dizzy.gif
dac15_face.gif
dac15_upset.gif

Arol

Maybe it's just my imagination.

But international ranked games I've played don't feel as clowny as normal ranked even when I lose.

XAL

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/4lchfr/early_analysis_of_immortal_treasure_i_2016_1_in/

Controlled Burn
1 in 6 $10.00 (for one) level 1
Adoring Wingfall
1 in 6 level 10
Phantom Concord
1 in 6 level 22
Virga's Arc
1 in 6 level 34
Crimson Pique
1 in 6 level 46
Fortune's Tout
1 in 6 level 80
Solar Forge (rare)
~1 in 50 $635.00 level ~1510
Golden Fortune's Tout (very rare)
~1 in 150 $1,885.00 level ~4510
Mace of Aeons (ultra rare)
~1 in a 1000 $12,700.00 level ~30000

>the Ultra Rare is essentially impossible to unbox without a small fortune.
>even the Solar Forge requires a $600+ investment to give you odds in your favor making it very difficult to obtain with only a 1 or 50 level compendium investment
>The Treasure I drops are deceptive. With the initial level 50 for $27 nets you 5 Treasure I's it costs another $22.50 to get to the 5th Treasure I and another $60 to get a 7th Treasure I
Then for the 8th and onward it costs $12.50 for each Treasure I
>To compare TI5's Treasure I the odds were 1/10 for the rare and 1/50 for the very rare

Holy shit at the new drop rates. Time to stop supporting compendiums past the point of getting the vanilla items. Abandon all hope.

aeolist

Banned
Watching pro overwatch. Both teams share at least 4 heroes at all times: mercy/lucio/mcree/reinhardt.

it needs some balancing for the competitive scene. mccree and widow need nerfs, a few need buffs, and maps tweaking to help make it less offense-heavy.

Nere

1 thing I never understood in dota is dispel. More specifically slark's, legion commander's and shadow demon's ulti. I mean slark and legion commander are 2 hard carries yet their simple abilities (which already do something else on top of it) are harder dispells than a support's ulti. Slark's ability can break eul's if used before for fuck's sake. Legion's 2nd gives her increased attack speed, increased regeneration and a hard dispel.

In summary why is sd's ulti a simple dispel while 2 hard carries get a multipurpose normal ability that is better than his ulti?

Hylian7

1 thing I never understood in dota is dispel. More specifically slark's, legion commander's and shadow demon's ulti. I mean slark and legion commander are 2 hard carries yet their simple abilities (which already do something else on top of it) are harder dispells than a support's ulti. Slark's ability can break eul's if used before for fuck's sake. Legion's 2nd gives her increased attack speed, increased regeneration and a hard dispel.

In summary why is sd's ulti a simple dispel while 2 hard carries get a multipurpose normal ability that is better than his ulti?
SD's ult is a good slow and nuke, since he has that going for him. It's also one of the few built in enemy dispels in the game.

Low Tier

those are dispels

shadow demon's ultimate is a purge

self-purge vs hostile-purge is completely different

It isn't the same. Shadow Demon's ult only dispel positive buffs and it's a damage dealing+slowing ability, Dark Pact is out of the equation because Slark can only cast it on himself.

Abaddon, for instance, has a dispel that is actually better as multipurpose support ability than Press The Attack, IMO.

KingKong

One fuckin chokepoint at the A site.

Brilliant design Blizzard I'll buy 100 chests to reward you.

fps map design seems really difficult for game developers and I'm not sure why because random kids have been making awesome fps maps since the days of Quake and 1.6

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
I don't even feel bad. I started really learning this hero last patch and now it's paying off. No intention of stopping anytime soon.

5DXKT8F.png

Top Bottom