• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Anyone know where you can go for the Winter 2015 Battle Pass? Or did Valve remove all the UI elements to access it?

shira

If its the same format as Frankfurt it will be like this

t1464922800z1.png

Day 1
- A 1vs2, 3v4, B 1v2, 3v4
- A winners, B winners
- A losers, B losers
- A 2nd place, B 2nd place

t1465009200z1.png

Day 2
- C 1vs2, 3v4, D 1v2, 3v4
- C winners, D winners
- C losers, D losers
- C 2nd place, D 2nd place

what, you don't like him?

would you say

he's a thorin your side

don't really know who he is

he is a pain in the dick.

He's some esports commentor/journalist guy that delights in shitting on teams and players under the guide of "banter" or "honesty" despite having the analysis chops of a dead slug. Additionally, he's always commenting on (or creating) drama in every scene that will give him their ear. Massive blight on the professionalism of the CSGO scene, and I believe he's been effectively exiled from the starcraft scene though I don't follow it closely enough to know the full story there.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
fps map design seems really difficult for game developers and I'm not sure why because random kids have been making awesome fps maps since the days of Quake and 1.6

not pictured: the many thousands of garbo maps that random kids also made

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
xdddd

Find a decent sushi place near you that serves omakase*. Best way to get into sushi.

*(Translator's Note: Omakase means
chef's choice multi-course menu
)

my girlfriend has discovered she loves sushi

what are the best sushies flavors available to test

Yeah, just get some sort of sampler or some shit. If you want rolls, go to a decent place and just get a few to share that y'all think sound good.

Also eel is fucking vile
yellowtail is the best

scallops and roe also very good

these are better. Sweet shrimp is good but that doesn't seem to be as popular and therefore not as widely available idk.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
my girlfriend has discovered she loves sushi

what are the best sushies flavors available to test

any kind of eel or salmon roll

Rainbow roll is great, crunchy roll is mmmm, spicy tuna is good, and a lot of sushi places have their own custom rolls that you should try -- steer clear from places that use a lot of imitation crab over actual fish. I love pretty much every kind of raw fish so I like nearly every sushi roll and so constantly just order new kinds at different places (except for the one i flame heavily below). Also, I absolutely love the "Philadelphia roll" - cream cheese and salmon. Lots of people don't like it, but it is absolutely my favorite, I'd suggest giving it a try at least once and making up your own mind. Very divisive roll, but my favorite nonetheless :).

also california rolls are dog shit and ironically just entry garbo tier sushi for people outside of california (or not on the coast). it's the most generic roll filled to the brim with imitation crab just absolutely disgusting

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I need to see if there is any better Sushi places in my area. What I have tried so far is passable, but nothing great.

An all you can eat place near me stopped doing all you can eat, and went to just a standard restaurant style, and I feel the quality actually got worse. Plus, their selection went down.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Blizzard just gave me this for free, what has Valve ever given any of you fools???

dxE4CIY.png

The M.O.B

I wouldn't mind slark that much if he wasn't in EVERY FUCKING GAME

here's a very topical picture from reddit for when slark isn't banned

Yup it's annoying have to play the same way also every game. Just destroyed a slark and it felt really good. If I am desperate to try and counter him, I usually go disrupter if I am support, or something like Sprit Breaker, clockwork.

If you get an early blade mail on CW, slark will look to jump away every time. If you can get in front of him or make him jump in an undesirable direction he is gonna have a tough time. Actually I guess lots of heroes with decent farm ahead of spark will fare well.

Or maybe it is time to go back to playing him actually.

xdddd

Find a decent sushi place near you that serves omakase*. Best way to get into sushi.

Also tends to be pretty pricey if you order the omakase .

You know, I've always found it really weird that for Sushi, it costs more to order the omakase, i.e. you let the chef tell you what you're eating, and you pay more for the privilege.

Milk: Really just try a bunch of stuff and see what your girlfriend likes. For most people who haven't developed a taste for raw fish yet Salmon and Eel tend to go over pretty well. (There's actually 2 types of Eel, Anago and Unagi, salt and freshwater eels respectively, but they're both generally cooked and served with a sticky, sweet sauce). I personally like Albacore and Yellowtail . In Japan I also loved getting Engawa (Flounder Fin), but I almost never see it in restaurants in the States.

A Rainbow Roll is a good way of getting a sampler of a bunch of fish types. Chirashi is similar in that you get a variety of fish as well, except it's served not in a sushi roll style but more like sashimi over rice.

Top Bottom