• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

shira

Also tends to be pretty pricey if you order the omakase .

You know, I've always found it really weird that for Sushi, it costs more to order the omakase, i.e. you let the chef tell you what you're eating, and you pay more for the privilege.

Milk: Really just try a bunch of stuff and see what your girlfriend likes. For most people who haven't developed a taste for raw fish yet Salmon and Eel tend to go over pretty well. (There's actually 2 types of Eel, Anago and Unagi, salt and freshwater eels respectively, but they're both generally cooked and served with a sticky, sweet sauce). I personally like Albacore and Yellowtail . In Japan I also loved getting Engawa (Flounder Fin), but I almost never see it in restaurants in the States.

A Rainbow Roll is a good way of getting a sampler of a bunch of fish types. Chirashi is similar in that you get a variety of fish as well, except it's served not in a sushi roll style but more like sashimi over rice.

Have you been to Jiro?

I have never had super high end sushi, but the town I live in is a little hub of diversity so we have a few good sushi places priced appropriately for a college town.

shira

There's like a year long waiting list to eat at Jiro's ever since the doc. You can go to his son's, but that's poverty.
You can pay a hotel for their reservations as they reserve a certain amount every month.

U making a TI6 video man? Get that GabeN paper.

You can pay a hotel for their reservations as they reserve a certain amount every month.

U making a TI6 video man? Get that GabeN paper.

4aKbebS.jpg

bro it's like sandpaper fish it's so bad
I decided to open the Dota thread and the entire page is people talking about food....

I love Popeye's, but In-N-Out is terrible. I've eaten there 4 times, got food poisoning 3. At different restaurants. I'll be damned if I ever eat there a 5th.

dota isn't fun so we talk about anime and fine dining.

Never had issues with in-n-out, but then again I've never really had food poisoning issues ever, despite having a stomach that pitches a fit when i eat a tomato.

The one time In-n-Out showed up in this country it wasn't in this state. How is it in comparison to other burger places in general?

burger places like McDs, Burger King, Wendy's, etc.? Fantastic. Way higher quality food in my experience.

Relative to a proper burger joint, or even a decent chain? eh...

It's still fast food. It's oily and fatty and will give you diabetes, but it's a step up from the base level fast food.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
come stuff me with eel at ti6

(did you get finals ticket yet ffs)

No, he has not.

Someone give him final tickets.

Twig, have you tried Ebay yet? I guess Ebay has a risk of not working out, but I think they have given the Buyer the bulk of protection. I'm seeing stuff for roughly $200.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
No, he has not.

Someone give him final tickets.

Twig, have you tried Ebay yet? I guess Ebay has a risk of not working out, but I think they have given the Buyer the bulk of protection. I'm seeing stuff for roughly $200.
Man whatever, I should have a spare Finals ticket I can let go under that.
The problem is I don't know if TM canceled my order or not KAPPA.

*Looks like they did in fact keep my two orders and refund the other. So it looks fine. You can buy on site for under $200 anyway so don't sweat eBay.

Omok

Banned
burger places like McDs, Burger King, Wendy's, etc.? Fantastic. Way higher quality food in my experience.

Relative to a proper burger joint, or even a decent chain? eh...

It's still fast food. It's oily and fatty and will give you diabetes, but it's a step up from the base level fast food.

In-n-out has two things, pretty darn good quality and an amazing price. Yeah I think Hopoddy is better, but its nearly double to triple the cost.

aeolist

Banned
i tried in-n-out once when it first came to texas and it was exactly like mcdonalds which is trash food

the only fast food burgers i'll eat come from five guys

Low Tier
i tried in-n-out once when it first came to texas and it was exactly like mcdonalds which is trash food

the only fast food burgers i'll eat come from five guys

a true believer

honestly tho if im going to fill myself with garbage burgers i'll go to checkers. that shits so cheap u can demolish ur body for nothing

popeyes is king tho

aeolist

Banned
a true believer

honestly tho if im going to fill myself with garbage burgers i'll go to checkers. that shits so cheap u can demolish ur body for nothing

popeyes is king tho

i'm spoiled on bone-in chicken because i live near this place: http://www.babeschicken.com/

it is literally the best fried chicken in the world

if i want tenders or a sandwich there's a super chix close by and they're pretty great too

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
So glad to see Yames jumping ship to an alive game! He's crushin it on this Overwatch tourney.

So I'm thinking about giving this a chance having never played a MOBA, which I've always wanted to try. How bad of an idea is this?

Welp, reading the OT guides. Here goes nothing.

Russ T

Banned
come stuff me with eel at ti6

(did you get finals ticket yet ffs)

no i haven't ;_;

pls no. Mackerel and Eel are the only things I've ever had in a japanese resturaunt that I do not enjoy.

i suppose nobody's perfect, but unagi too delish, you gotta get a doctor to look at you

Man whatever, I should have a spare Finals ticket I can let go under that.
The problem is I don't know if TM canceled my order or not KAPPA.

*Looks like they did in fact keep my two orders and refund the other. So it looks fine. You can buy on site for under $200 anyway so don't sweat eBay.

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying!!! EDIT: Oh you mean like buy from some hawker selling tickets there in Seattle. Ehhh I've never not seen that happening, but that's not a risk I'd really want to take, you know?

I'm in Istanbul cyborgmatt, when can I come to the secret house.

If you check my post history, I've never criticised puppey, rtz or yourself at all.

I've also Stanned for ee since he was birthed.

I've supported team secret since navi became rubbish.

Lol, well this is about what I expected.

Single greatest piece of advice is to not play alone, especially when you're just starting out. If you have a friend that plays already, having him show the ropes to you is ideal. Otherwise, there's plenty of friendly people here who wouldn't mind doing the same.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
So I'm thinking about giving this a chance having never played a MOBA, which I've always wanted to try. How bad of an idea is this?

If you feel like you have it in your heart to develop a passion for MOBAs as a genre, start playing Dota 2, go in trial by fire and get ready to study and fail a LOT, but never back down. Never surrender to the toxicity. You will be forged in fire and you will be a god among gamers, even if you're a 2k scrub like me. This game is ARCANE. It's obtuse as hell and requires so much acquired knowledge over the course of years of playing, but it's the most rewarding video game in existence to "master."

If you just want to dip your toe in the genre, play a top down real time strategy combat game and have a bit of fun without thinking about what you're doing I suggest you try Heroes of the Storm instead. They've stripped down everything that requires thought in a MOBA almost to the point of absurdity, but if you just want to run around and punch/shoot shit it's a fine time killer.

kionedrik

the mute button is your best friend

oh, and if you try to watch something on twitch hide the chat.

Single greatest piece of advice is to not play alone, especially when you're just starting out. If you have a friend that plays already, having him show the ropes to you is ideal. Otherwise, there's plenty of friendly people here who wouldn't mind doing the same.

Which I don't :( Is there any specific group for newbies to learn? People who take time to teach must be saints given the reputation of the genre's communities.

the mute button is your best friend

oh, and if you try to watch something on twitch hide the chat.

Hmm..yeah maybe I should start here. Any recommendations?

Top Bottom