• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

some guy made a thread basically saying: "white dudes are the cause of all problems in society BUT I'M NOT TRYING TO BE RACIST but i mean kkk nazis all white dudes not sayin we should kill all white dudes, but maybe put em on a reservation or something NOT RACIST SORRY"

it got deleted pretty quickly
...huh.
If VP did do this, that's bullshit, but jesus christ I hate that Reddit feels the need to police shit despite being a clusterfuck of misinformation and bias.

sibarraz

Banned
I need to make the necromicon and bloodstone quests, but I also want to play as a support since I'm normally queued with guys that never picks them, which heroes could work for this quest?

I need to make the necromicon and bloodstone quests, but I also want to play as a support since I'm normally queued with guys that never picks them, which heroes could work for this quest?
can build those items on basically anyone. Pick a support that tends to get a decent amount of farm. Kotl or something.
It might be true. It pisses me off that the poster is like 100% sure with little evidence
yeah, classic reddit bull.

shira

Wasn't he a mod?
Tusr ava

tumblr_lr0d0fB2w71qfi02h.gif

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
these losers on gaf can't even memetext properly
it's R A S E N G A N G I R L S
cheeky.gif

Hylian7

Got POTG as Hanzo by accidentally ulting. My life is complete.

I played Mercy for the first time since the release (played her some in Beta). Got PotG on my first time playing her with a triple revive on the payload near the end on King's Row (defense).

Man, competitive Overwatch is looking awful shoddy. 2 DPS/2 tanks/2 supports seems to be the gold standard and cheese strats like 5 Tracers worked for about a minute.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Man, competitive Overwatch is looking awful shoddy. 2 DPS/2 tanks/2 supports seems to be the gold standard and cheese strats like 5 Tracers worked for about a minute.

overwatch is like hots, the competitive scene is just guna be trash and filled with hackers anyway and artificially propped up and limping on fucking life support by blizzard cuz they don't design games with the 1% or the competitive scene in mind to begin with (they proved as much across all their games and wow arena)

so just fuck the competitive scene and enjoy the game for what it is, relax and yolo for an hour or two a day and release your pent up life anger on that motherfkn dumbass widow picker who cant hit shots to save her life throwin ur games and tha goddam fukn mei who ice walls all ur godlike would be plays of the motherfukn game while u crush kids on junk rat with ur fukn kamkikaze skill and bomb lobber bomberman shit u feel me ??

Hylian7

I hear apparently double Roadhog is a thing. I was hoping having multiple of the same hero wouldn't be the best strategy, save for silly things like 6 of anything.

Also no matter how many times you explain it, people don't understand that like in TF2, defense cannot "push" the payload backwards. It moves back on it's own if no attackers touch it for a certain amount of time. People keep saying "Push it backwards", even though it's better to just set up to keep them away from it.

overwatch is like hots, the competitive scene is just guna be trash and filled with hackers anyway and artificially propped up and limping on fucking life support by blizzard cuz they don't design games with the 1% or the competitive scene in mind to begin with (they proved as much across all their games and wow arena)

so just fuck the competitive scene and enjoy the game for what it is, relax and yolo for an hour or two a day and release your pent up life anger on that motherfkn dumbass widow picker who cant hit shots to save her life throwin ur games and tha goddam fukn mei who ice walls all ur godlike would be plays of the motherfukn game while u crush kids on junk rat with ur fukn kamkikaze skill and bomb lobber bomberman shit u feel me ??
I would but my laptop is a toaster among toasters. I'm not dropping $70AU (that's for the non-Origins version) to pray it'll run at a playable framerate.

I hear apparently double Roadhog is a thing. I was hoping having multiple of the same hero wouldn't be the best strategy, save for silly things like 6 of anything.
Well, The Best Teamcomp at the moment seems to be 2 Tracer/2 Winston/2 Lucio. Pubs are gonna pick that up very quickly.

Double McCree is also popular.

Hylian7

I would but my laptop is a toaster among toasters. I'm not dropping $70AU (that's for the non-Origins version) to pray it'll run at a playable framerate.

Well, The Best Teamcomp at the moment seems to be 2 Tracer/2 Winston/2 Lucio. Pubs are gonna pick that up very quickly.

Double McCree is also popular.
I still have yet to figure out Winston. McCree I sort of get, as my problem was me trying to snipe with the revolver instead of basically using it like an accurate shotgun.

Have you seen those videos of Lucio's skating in circles the pit in Ilios?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

You mean balanced teams win games? Burn the fucker down!

like Anbokr said, Blizzard's approach these days is to make a casual-as-fuck game and not bother catering to the hardcore at all, and then force an esports scene in an attempt to create some air of legitimacy in the eyes of the hardcore and generate revenue through advertising and monetizing events.

That isn't to say the games they put out aren't good, quite the opposite, but they're not going to give a flying fuck about the few thousand active players who actually want features like proper competitive match making, intensive balance patches, etc.

I'm having a discussion with friends about how to sum up Valve (Icefrog), Riot and Blizzard's balance philosophies in a couple of sentences. It's surprisingly difficult.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
like Anbokr said, Blizzard's approach these days is to make a casual-as-fuck game and not bother catering to the hardcore at all, and then force an esports scene in an attempt to create some air of legitimacy in the eyes of the hardcore and generate revenue through advertising and monetizing events.

That isn't to say the games they put out aren't good, quite the opposite, but they're not going to give a flying fuck about the few thousand active players who actually want features like proper competitive match making, intensive balance patches, etc.

Except for the fact that they removed competitive from the launched game specifically because people who care about competitive didn't like Blizzard's approach during the beta...

Esports scenes developing around a game is a really good way to increase its longevity so Bliz definitely has a reason to care about its competitive scene. They've been making balance patches based around competitive play since the beta. That won't change.

Just because Blizzard's games are casual doesn't mean they can't be compelling esports. I don't like playing HotS on a competitive level at all and I enjoy watching pros play it. These scenes aren't "forced" they're just a reality of modern competitive gaming. If people like a game and there's money to be made from playing it well, kids who don't want to go to college or work in a cubicle are going to try their hand at it. It'd be dumb for a developer not to try and capitalize on that.

Except for the fact that they removed competitive from the launched game specifically because people who care about competitive didn't like Blizzard's approach during the beta...
Changing a game before release and after release is somewhat different. We'll see how it goes from here.

Esports scenes developing around a game is a really good way to increase its longevity so Bliz definitely has a reason to care about its competitive scene.
I agree. "Esports scenes developing around a game" really is a fantastic way to increase longevity. But that's a somewhat disingenuous way to put it, as all of Blizzard's games' esports scenes somehow existed before there were good players to populate it. Wonder how that happened.

In a few months we can talk again, but until they walk the walk for at least a bit of time I can't see how they've done much to contradict my take.

getting tipped several games in a row as a tiny lil support ;__;

beating an invoker 1k higher mmr than u ;____;

realizing you have to play this shit for like 800 more years to unlock the broken op garbage cheater map
cry.gif

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The tree advantage doesn't even matter in actual games IMO. Plus there is a disadvantage that its a lot harder to see the ward spot above Rosh.

It's a great looking map though.

Top Bottom