• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
if valve really wanted to improve the dota 2 community they would make it so that your chance of getting rare drop couriers from chests increased with the % of games you've played that are on support heroes

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Today at work I spent over an hour helping someone fix something, thinking it could be tons of weird issues since they were fixing something in a 7 year old version of the software we still support for reasons, only to finally find out that he forgot to capitalize the variable in one place.

Red UFO

Today at work I spent over an hour helping someone fix something, thinking it could be tons of weird issues since they were fixing something in a 7 year old version of the software we still support for reasons, only to finally find out that he forgot to capitalize the variable in one place.
Your development environment didn't catch that?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Your development environment didn't catch that?
Well it was in JavaScript part of the code base, and the product was put together so poorly most validators and linters are useless for it. Shit is just tossed onto Global Scoped maps all over the place. So what happened here is one script was supposed to stick a function into the map, and another script would invoke the function, but because it wasn't spelled the same right it didn't work, but also because part of it was automatically generated code that checked if the function existed before calling it, it would just fail silently.

This product is not put together all that well.

shira

rNanb8w.png

Manila Major Day 2 of 8 - Group Stages
vA3lwCg.png

GSL C & D Group Stages: Ten Bo3 Matches today on 4 streams
Twitch 1
Twitch 2
Twitch 3
Twitch 4
Youtube Stream 1
Steam Broadcast 1

t1465005600z1.png

C1 Liquid vs [A]
C2 VG.R vs Fnatic
D1 EG vs Mineski
D2 LGD vs MVPP

t1465017600z1.png

C1 winner vs C2 winner
D1 winner vs D2 winner

t1465029600z1.png

C1 loser vs C2 loser
D1 loser vs D2 loser

t1465041600z1.png

C 2nd place
D 2nd place

harSon

Banned
why do i never get the good alchs on my team

why do i get the one who won't talk to us, goes 0-8 and somehow manages sup 300 gpm on alch

Chris R

Well it was in JavaScript part of the code base, and the product was put together so poorly most validators and linters are useless for it. Shit is just tossed onto Global Scoped maps all over the place. So what happened here is one script was supposed to stick a function into the map, and another script would invoke the function, but because it wasn't spelled the same right it didn't work, but also because part of it was automatically generated code that checked if the function existed before calling it, it would just fail silently.

I fucking love JavaScript but damn if it isn't the craziest language to try to debug

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
i rly wanna see lifestealer's mana costs go up that hero never has mana problems, ever especially after that +50

i buy a mango every game just cuz and i end up selling it at like 15 mins

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Middling win rate to 88%. Niceah

The only loss is the all random deathmatch. I'm at like an 80%% winrate for the carry role this patch but 50 on everything else lol.

G-Unit

Save yourself, go Typescript

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
This Alliance draft actually angers me.

edit: I'm actually just going to shut the fuck up

Arol

It would actually be hilarious if Secret and EG met in the lower bracket bo1.

Crazy how a roster shuffle seemingly screwed both teams but DC came out better in the end.

Acinixys

Twookie

any of you guys seen the new warcraft movie yet?
saw the movie yesterday, thought it was going to be wayyyyy worse than it really was

it was really cool seeing all the places you've been in the warcraft games reimagined, and the fighting scenes were really cool.

the pacing however was god awful, it felt like everything happened too quickly and it made the scenes lose quite a lot of inpact, especially the scene
where medivh dies and khadgar starts to cry. like what? you don't have any reason to cry for this man based on what happened in the movie
. I guess the pacing issues are the result of Duncan having to cut ~40 mins off of the movie? also the movie is terrible if you haven't played any of the warcraft game I'm pretty sure

anyway, I'll watch the sequal, there's potential for it to be pretty good

manfestival

I dont think I have you on my friend list (""for longer than 30 days"") so I cant gift it to you :S

Pretty sure I have you on my FL for longer than 30 days. want the tinker or meepo ? i also have dup mirana naga and SS sets apparently

we have been friends on steam for 30+ days
are you sure though?
dac15_blush.gif

I would totally be cool with the naga set

Twookie

gz quesa, stuck on that shit quest myself

that double shackle requirement is fucking me up
coincidently I don't win the games I manage to get enough shackles....

Top Bottom