• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

DrPizza

Banned
went rubick mid destroyed everybody before my jugg wen apeshit cause i took a creep wave as he was tping

Zeus on my team just went apeshit on me for using my Q and W as Crystal Maiden to push out a creep wave that was hitting our barracks. "I used two arc lightnings on them, you should have let me get the last hits".

M.D

So this game can't detect when someone is in the game but hasn't picked a hero the entire game and is not playing

good shit

Hylian7

So this game can't detect when someone is in the game but hasn't picked a hero the entire game and is not playing

good shit
Do they actually keep losing gold? I've seen players pick a minute or two after the horn, always wondering how they will catch up when everyone else is level 3-4 by now.

Kopite

Do they actually keep losing gold? I've seen players pick a minute or two after the horn, always wondering how they will catch up when everyone else is level 3-4 by now.
Don't you get assigned a random hero if you don't pick fast enough? Unless you're disconnected.

shira

Mace $100

Doge $35

aegis2015.gif

kionedrik

So on WR is it better to go mael > blink > aghs or blink > aghs or blink > mael > aghs?

Back when I was experimenting with her I found that:
1- You get maelstrom first only when you intend to fight early or expect to be pushed in early but overall I found it to be a really underwhelming item for her;
2- Get aghs before blink if you can count on your team to provide you space to farm and you have someone else to initiate the fights;
3- You get blink first if you don't have any sort of reliable initiation or lockdown in your team.

Overall, I think aghs first is the better choice in most cases.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Being loyal to an ESPORTS brand is the most bizarre shit. It's like saying you're a fan of NBC rather than a specific show.

But is it ok to hate NBC? I'll never forgive those shitstains for cancelling Awake...

Quesa

I think [A] might be the one team I think I could see it, since they've kept their lineup relatively stable over the years.

I think [A] might be the one team I think I could see it, since they've kept their lineup relatively stable over the years.
Still weird to be a fan of the brand and not the players, though I also think it's odd that people cheer for sports teams rather than inidividuals so maybe I'm just a loon.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Still weird to be a fan of the brand and not the players, though I also think it's odd that people cheer for sports teams rather than inidividuals so maybe I'm just a loon.

Eh I dunno, even tho I'm primarily a Bulldog and S4 stan, I stayed an Alliance fan thru the lean years when it was just Loda and Akke and whatever euroscrubs they could pick up. Also I was very much anti-Secret, even when they had S4 on the team. It was kind of like how I am now with Universe. I want him to be successful but I still cum buckets every time Secret loses.

LiQuid!

Dude Lucius Malfoy existed in TWO DIMENSIONS and used info from both of them to solve crimes! Literally the GOAT tv show. If you didn't watch it you're a part of the problem.

Reckoner

Would you guys say that community-wise the Compendium ranked is any different than the regular one? Thinking on buying the Compendium just to have a couple good matches with people who may be more invested in the game.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Who would win at arm wrestling, Zarya or Legion Commander?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Yeah, it looks like with the escalating odds, the change you get the void mace may be closer to 3/1000, so 3X greater. I'll have to check back in a few week or two though to be sure, since its possible that the maces are just over represented in the sample

Phoenix Immortal should be roughly 3/100, and Jugg item is roughly 1/50.

So it look like the odds roughly tripled.

harSon

Banned
Would you guys say that community-wise the Compendium ranked is any different than the regular one? Thinking on buying the Compendium just to have a couple good matches with people who may be more invested in the game.

No clue, but I've hated Dota a lot more since getting into 4k. Games are all so fucking terrible.

My first few International Ranked matches were really good. Felt like they were filled with people like me who thought it was their chance to get out of the trench. Lots of try harding all around and very close matches. As time went on however it became just the same as regular ranked, with people randoming and clearly having no idea how to play their hero, and idiots doing quests at the expense of all else.

manfestival

No clue, but I've hated Dota a lot more since getting into 4k. Games are all so fucking terrible.

you only started to hate dota 2? I have always hated dota 2. I still do to this day. There is no love in this relationship. Only disappointment and wasted time.

Red UFO

My first few International Ranked matches were really good. Felt like they were filled with people like me who thought it was their chance to get out of the trench. Lots of try harding all around and very close matches. As time went on however it became just the same as regular ranked, with people randoming and clearly having no idea how to play their hero, and idiots doing quests at the expense of all else.
This was exactly my experience as well.

Twookie

Yea dota needs more bottom tier heroes

sniper is lonely

she is going to be buffed soon and she is going to be THE monster of overwatch mark my words

also the hero formerly known as "shitlord" is coming soon to keep sniper company calling it right now
that he is shit, that is
hush.gif

Top Bottom