• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

she is going to be buffed soon and she is going to be THE monster of overwatch mark my words

you know what hero we have been saying that for a while now?
dac15_angry.gif

manfestival

she is going to be buffed soon and she is going to be THE monster of overwatch mark my words

also the hero formerly known as "shitlord" is coming soon to keep sniper company calling it right now
that he is shit, that is
hush.gif

so overwatch has become the anime of these threads

J2d

Damn I love axe, he is so fucking manly sometimes and it's so satisfying to chop chop a couple people, he better not get nerfed is all I'm saying.

Reckoner

you only started to hate dota 2? I have always hated dota 2. I still do to this day. There is no love in this relationship. Only disappointment and wasted time.

That's true

Ended up buying the compendium. Played two good games of ranked, on third game Lion gets all salty and starts ulting creeps. There's no redemption to the community of this game. It's all messed up. I'm done for good.

shira

Yeah, it looks like with the escalating odds, the change you get the void mace may be closer to 3/1000, so 3X greater. I'll have to check back in a few week or two though to be sure, since its possible that the maces are just over represented in the sample

Phoenix Immortal should be roughly 3/100, and Jugg item is roughly 1/50.

So it look like the odds roughly tripled.
but the mace always had escalating odds...

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
but the mace always had escalating odds...

My bet is that it was broken. I know some guy even pointed out that in the Schema it said escalating odds, but I don't remember getting that pop up with Rubick about Escalating odds until the recent patch that added it to the other 2 items.

The M.O.B

12-3 with Mirana in this patch, I feel like she is one of very few heroes that can legit be played at any position. Even a hard 5.

Obviously, still largely depends on team comp but I've played her in every lane and once she gets Aghs it's tough to stop her from quickly getting 6 slotted and bursting down weak supports. Her versatility is second to none so it is no wonder I see her so often. Usually I do not go manta, desc or any of those right click items. I largely prefer solar crest, linkens, or anything to buff my carry.

Navi seems to be the only top tier team that has her in their pool.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Decided to look at some data on dotabuff and here's what I got

I've got a 77% winrate in "other" game modes (ability draft, all random deathmatch and captains modes) and a whopping 44% winrate in single draft (when I first started playing I used single draft a lot to learn and forced myself to pick whomever I was least comfortable with).

I have a 54% winrate on radiant and a 49% winrate on dire.

I have a 48% winrate on Monday and Thursday and a 57% winrate on Wednesday.

Between 0900 and 1700 UTC I have a sub 50% winrate at all hours but 1200.

I'm 9-0 with Slark this patch omitting a single ardm

Tater Tot

"My God... it's full of Starch!"
yo fuck the doto weekends. Whats up with all the peruvian and ecuadrian players? Why are they so bad? Why do they queue on US servers? Why don't volvo let me complete my quests. This some bull

Chris R

TI ranked is a fucking shit show

Why do people buy Shadow Blades with a CLINKZ on the team?

It's like hey, we know they are going to have detection for one hero, why not buy a FUCKING WORTHLESS item that is instantly countered by their gems/wards/dust instead of something better. SF going mid and getting DESTROYED by a sniper should have been a sign this was gonna be terrible.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Looking at my predictions, how the hell did Febby get 45 Assists in a game where his team got 52 kill total! Thats insane.

Yeah this Major really fuck up almost all my tournament prediction, everything is higher than a lot people predicted.

I mean, it's not surprising. It just takes one strange, long game to toss away most reasonable predictions and it's more likely that you have at least one such game within all those many played

edit:
So, I decided to play this new compendium ranked mode and calibrated at 4191. I assume the average here is lower? I did play with someone who was 4.9k just now though.

Also it sometimes doesn't show everyone's mmr at the end?

Ultrabum

You know who needs to be nerfed?

Tinker. Every game with a tinker is no fun for 9 of the players. They should make blink un-rearm able like bkb and Midas, ect.

Hylian7

You know who needs to be nerfed?

Tinker. Every game with a tinker is no fun for 9 of the players. They should make blink un-rearm able like bkb and Midas, ect.

Nah, making Blink un-Rearmable would completely destroy the hero. The reasons items like Midas and BKB are un-Rearmable is because they would be absolutely broken.

BKB - Spell Immunity forever
Midas - higher GPM than Alchemist
Necros - Instantly resummon every time they die, or about to die, and push another lane. March can't hit the buildings, and Tinker isn't very good at hitting the buildings. Having Necros always at your beck and call would make this super broken.
Arcane Boots - Infinite mana without any kind of cost (like Soul Ring), mainly this is a concern for the teammates. Just imagine a Tinker just constantly Rearming Arcane Boots and keeping his whole team's mana full all the time. None of them have to manage mana ever.
Refresher - Loophole for any of the above.

Making Blink un-Rearmable would be like adding a cooldown to Storm's Ball Lightning, or making Pudge silence himself for 3 seconds after hooking, or other things like that. Blink is absolutely fair, especially since the damage cancel is a thing. Tinker is all about being able to Rearm items, otherwise he would be completely useless. Why not say him being able to TP everywhere is OP, so make BoTs un-Rearmable? Scythe of Vyse? Dagon? It's all a natural part of the hero's kit.

Now what I would agree with (and I was surprised they didn't go this route back in that patch where he was OP), is having better on-damage detection for the Blink. Example would be if you were standing in some kind of DoT AoE (or multiple things hitting you), you Rearm and Blink instantly and get it because you re-Armed the Blink cancel CD.

He already got the damage type nerf with March, where the damage types were simplified, so Composite and Mixed were gone, and March was magical now and no longer went through BKB, and of course no more ancients (although it still aggros them and this has been a bug ever since the nerf, but they don't seem to care to fix it).

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I feel Tinker could be a lot more fun as a high damage nuker hero who could only rearm his abilities. Would likely need to rebalance a his skills though, and it would make him a lot less unique. They could give him 2 more active abilities to compensate though. Maybe his own hook and some bomb he could launch.

I see him as a good candidate for a rework like Faceless Void or PL. His current skill set is hard to balance and has a huge impact on the way items are balanced (Glimmer Cape likely wouldn't have needs such a high mana cost were it not for Tinker) and he is one of the heroes who changes the game for the other 9, though to a lesser degree. Him being able to Rearm items likely is a huge detriment on the freedom Icefrog can have with Tinker and new adding new Items.

sorry hylian but even I don't care about tinker, into the dumpster he remains.

....march should hit buildings again tho :)

It has never hit buildings while in Dota 2, and I don't think it ever has period.

sorry hylian but even I don't care about tinker, into the dumpster he remains.

....march should hit buildings again tho :)

anyway after the first few days of manila it's clear that ogre and sand kong desperately need buffs. also, junkiro. re-buff liquid fire

With the medium resurgence of Tinkers and the Aghs builds I've now had a couple of games where I got to experience the joy of attempting to break highground against a tinker that spams 4 rockets every 0.75s and lazers your entire team.

I'd certainly appreciate if the 3s 'damage taken' cooldown on blink were unrefreshable. Even a lot of dots aren't good enough to prevent him from blinking because they don't tick fast enough.

Top Bottom