• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

o

mess

it hit ancients and now it doesn't? I never see the hero and never play it so I guess I forgot, maybe I'm confusing it with shrapnel

regardless I had two axe games and despite knowing absolutely nothing about the hero both games had my team going crazy for me for just running at enemies and killing them... I had no idea what I was doing but it worked

Low Tier
tinker is completely fine, he's a hero that falls under the radar a lot i feel when it comes to drafts. Sometimes, if the lineup's just not right, tinker can stomp a team if played properly, but he has more answers than say alchemist or old sf

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I just feel he is in a bad spot overall, and needs something dramatic changed about him. Like maybe rework March significantly, or just flat out give him an additional ability like Lifestealer. Its true he works in certain lineups, I just think his niche is far to small, and he is one of the most annoying heroes to play against in general.

DrPizza

Banned
sorry hylian but even I don't care about tinker, into the dumpster he remains.

....march should hit buildings again tho :)

anyway after the first few days of manila it's clear that ogre and sand kong desperately need buffs. also, junkiro. re-buff liquid fire

I'm down with buffing Ogre. I already enjoy the hell out of my five mango Ogre offlane.

Another hero that needs buffs: Techies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I don't think Ogre really needs more buffs.

I also think Techies got overnerfed. Maybe Icefrog could do something dumb like giving him a remote control bomb car summon he could operate, so he could impact the map while still laying down mines.

I don't think Ogre really needs more buffs.

I also think Techies got overnerfed. Maybe Icefrog could do something dumb like giving him a remote control bomb car summon he could operate, so he could impact the map while still laying down mines.
I like this junkrat.

Even the current Techies is unfun to play against. At the end of 6.83 I just abandoned every game that had a Techies picker on the enemy team and took the LP queue. I didn't care at all. Life is way too short to waste your time on a thing this not fun for anyone other than the Techies player.

Nymerio

So sick of playing the solo support when I'm playing with my usual dota group. I'd just say fuck it and play something else if at least one of them was capable of doing the simplest support duties :(

So sick of playing the solo support when I'm playing with my usual dota group. I'd just say fuck it and play something else if at least one of them was capable of doing the simplest support duties :(

Might as well solo queue if you can't communicate openly with your group. What keeps you from telling them you are unhappy with the current situation? Why tell us over them?

yarden24

Nah, making Blink un-Rearmable would completely destroy the hero. The reasons items like Midas and BKB are un-Rearmable is because they would be absolutely broken.

BKB - Spell Immunity forever
Midas - higher GPM than Alchemist
Necros - Instantly resummon every time they die, or about to die, and push another lane. March can't hit the buildings, and Tinker isn't very good at hitting the buildings. Having Necros always at your beck and call would make this super broken.
Arcane Boots - Infinite mana without any kind of cost (like Soul Ring), mainly this is a concern for the teammates. Just imagine a Tinker just constantly Rearming Arcane Boots and keeping his whole team's mana full all the time. None of them have to manage mana ever.
Refresher - Loophole for any of the above.

Making Blink un-Rearmable would be like adding a cooldown to Storm's Ball Lightning, or making Pudge silence himself for 3 seconds after hooking, or other things like that. Blink is absolutely fair, especially since the damage cancel is a thing. Tinker is all about being able to Rearm items, otherwise he would be completely useless. Why not say him being able to TP everywhere is OP, so make BoTs un-Rearmable? Scythe of Vyse? Dagon? It's all a natural part of the hero's kit.

Now what I would agree with (and I was surprised they didn't go this route back in that patch where he was OP), is having better on-damage detection for the Blink. Example would be if you were standing in some kind of DoT AoE (or multiple things hitting you), you Rearm and Blink instantly and get it because you re-Armed the Blink cancel CD.

He already got the damage type nerf with March, where the damage types were simplified, so Composite and Mixed were gone, and March was magical now and no longer went through BKB, and of course no more ancients (although it still aggros them and this has been a bug ever since the nerf, but they don't seem to care to fix it).

Just make it so rearming your abilities makes them on a 0.2sec cooldown, that way its only a small nerf to his other skills,but the blink dagger will almost always get canceled.

GorillaJu

Slark isn't even cancer, he has counters in the current meta that aren't bad picks. He isn't first pick in every game like Invoker, Specter, Storm, Troll have been in recent times.

Jugg, Lifestealer, Sven and AM are all decent carry picks in pub games, Slark is just another one on the list but isn't head and shoulders above.

shira

When is the Battle Pass deadline for completing quests ect.?

t1471158000z4.png

But there has always been a few days grace.

BHK3

Banned
He gets an indirect buff once
He becomes relevant for the first time
People imidiately start bitching

SF, Storm, Tinker and so many other were cancers for multiple patches in a row with no significant nerfs and none complained.

Not really being nerfed is sometimes just as good as a buff. He gets banned in all my games and when he doesn't he rolls over my team.

kionedrik

Not really being nerfed is sometimes just as good as a buff. He gets banned in all my games and when he doesn't he rolls over my team.

That would be true if:
a1- everyone else wasn't being buffed
a2- or the first tier received some significant nerfs
b- he hadn't been nerfed in every single patch since 6.79 (iirc) till 6.85, receiving a very minor buff in 6.86 and an indirect one in 6.87.

I'm so tired of the Slark is OP conversation.

wumpy

Banned
Alch getting grievals from bounty runes is total bs

Eg stomped the QO alch into the ground early game... 10 minutes later, he's top worth

shira

https://i.imgur.com/T5LtSi0.webm

Even if true that doesn't really change anything. Dude is a ghost who only communicates via weibo and dota.dev, is wealthy beyond belief, works for a private company and can be anywhere in the world uploading patch notes. People like Gaben and Finol have style, presence, and panache. I don't know anything about the frogman and I don't think he cares to divulge any information

Ultrabum

I don't think Tinker is a particularly OP hero, I think hes pretty average this patch. I just think it's shit design to have a hero who spends most of the game TPing to lanes blinking into trees, killing the wave, blinking further into the trees, killing the next wave, tping to base, and doing it all again with no cooldown. Just like it was shit design to have illusion kill your buildings with no risk.

This actually is a problem for the tinker's team in that it takes most of the lane farm from the carry and makes them jungle / farm in more dangerous places. This almost always (at my shit 4K bracket) turns the match into a game of who can pick off the tinker? Did you pick him off twice? You win! His team has no farm because hes been taking it. No, you didn't find him? OK, he killed your supports and now you lose. I just think it's boring.

In the past icefrog nerfed illusion damage to buildings, which I think was the best patch change since 0 mana blink cost. I would like to see a similar change to nerf tinker blinking into trees instantly after tping in over and over. I don't know how you do that without nerfing other heros that like to hide in trees like spectre, ect. (other than nerf blink specifically on tinker, a la it can't be rearmed).

Edit: For those of you saying it would completely ruin the hero, great. Fuck Tinker. Icefrog did a similar thing with Zet, and that hero is completely ruined and I don't think anyone cares.

Demoli

I don't think Tinker is a particularly OP hero, I think hes pretty average this patch. I just think it's shit design to have a hero who spends most of the game TPing to lanes blinking into trees, killing the wave, blinking further into the trees, killing the next wave, tping to base, and doing it all again with no cooldown. Just like it was shit design to have illusion kill your buildings with no risk.

This actually is a problem for the tinker's team in that it takes most of the lane farm from the carry and makes them jungle / farm in more dangerous places. This almost always (at my shit 4K bracket) turns the match into a game of who can pick off the tinker? Did you pick him off twice? You win! His team has no farm because hes been taking it. No, you didn't find him? OK, he killed your supports and now you lose. I just think it's boring.

In the past icefrog nerfed illusion damage to buildings, which I think was the best patch change since 0 mana blink cost. I would like to see a similar change to nerf tinker blinking into trees instantly after tping in over and over. I don't know how you do that without nerfing other heros that like to hide in trees like spectre, ect. (other than nerf blink specifically on tinker, a la it can't be rearmed).

Edit: For those of you saying it would completely ruin the hero, great. Fuck Tinker. Icefrog did a similar thing with Zet, and that hero is completely ruined and I don't think anyone cares.

Agree with everything tbh. Tinker is probabl the single most hated hero in the game for me. I'd rather played agaist stuff like pre nerf techies, naga and ember/storm than tinker. He's too much too fast it feels like.

Carlius

Banned
Slark isn't even cancer, he has counters in the current meta that aren't bad picks. He isn't first pick in every game like Invoker, Specter, Storm, Troll have been in recent times.

Jugg, Lifestealer, Sven and AM are all decent carry picks in pub games, Slark is just another one on the list but isn't head and shoulders above.

lat patch man..pubs were a nightmare with pudge and invoker first picks...so glad those times are over...

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I had a dream where I was a TA clone who looked like Jack from Mass Effect.

I was also wondering whether or not to build Dragon Lance.

qvpKQgs.gif

M.D

There isn't enough farm for RTZ and Miracle

i think getting that bonuc is fine but alchy does need some kinda small nerf

no way that will happen ever

I don't think it makes much sense from a team and personality perspective, but you never know which team rtz will destroy play for next

I don't want OG to replace any player tbh, but if they do then miracle cr1t and fly are the core and strongest players by far

Quesa

I don't think it makes much sense from a team and personality perspective, but you never know which team rtz will destroy play for next

I don't want OG to replace any player tbh, but if they do then miracle cr1t and fly are the core and strongest players by far

Notail offlane RTZ safelane would be nice.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Now we just need S2 to chime in and we'll have ColdToadGate on our hands.

Top Bottom