• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

Nymerio

Then tell them as soon as you start the queue, "I'm not playing support today." And that's that.

Might as well solo queue if you can't communicate openly with your group. What keeps you from telling them you are unhappy with the current situation? Why tell us over them?

Oh, I did and usually we play All Random anyway but recently some of them wanted to play All Pick and it's mostly there that it's problem. Problem is that they don't seem to want to improve their support game and I get annoyed when they fail to even up the courier in a timely manner. And don't get me started on warding... I just get annoyed and resign myself to playing support the next game because I don't want to put up with the constant whining and the fact that I have to hold their hands every step of the way when one of them has to support. I'm just venting though.

Hylian7

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2415963176

#RefusalToBuyDiffusal is real folks.

We only had one here, and needed more than that. In hindsight, I shouldn't have relied on SF or LC to buy one and should have just bought one myself as Timbersaw.

Diffusal beats Omniknight, it's games like this that are exactly why his pub winrate is so high.

Refusal to get BKB was just as big, if not bigger in this game.

shira

Me: Get diffusal for WK.

Rando: That's not my build. I go midas, blink, bots.

Me: If he has no mana then he can't use his ult.

Rando: Muted.

yarden24

Me: Get diffusal for WK.

Rando: That's not my build. I go midas, blink, bots.

Me: If he has no mana then he can't use his ult.

Rando: Muted.

Is diffusal blade actually good against WK though?
I always feel that unless its gotten very early or he is outnumbered he dies before his mana is drained either way.

Hylian7

I always feel that unless its gotten very early or he is outnumbered he dies before his mana is drained either way.

It's definitely good against him, but you really need a natural Diffusal carrier to get any use out of it against him though, so your PLs, Nagas, Spectres, etc. Otherwise you won't get much out of it with any hero using one.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Looking though that closed topic, this response from Tryndamere has me laughing

"Yah - we could fix all that stuff but we prioritize deeper gameplay ;)"

I'm biased, but I wouldn't call many of the changes to LoL in the past few years "deeper gameplay".

shira

CkQZv7tVAAA44Ly.jpg

Miracle Zerg tatt

What anime is this?

Just an example of how people don't want to be told what to buy. They have their default shopping list or the top guide shopping list and any deviation from the list could cost them the game.

In normal level matchmaking any illusion hero should be able to completely neutralize a WK ult with diffusal.

Wok

When IceFrog's identity is revealed, it will just be another Satoshi Nakamoto: people will be disappointed and will call that the evidence is not strong enough.

Hylian7

When IceFrog's identity is revealed, it will just be another Satoshi Nakamoto: people will be disappointed and will call that the evidence is not strong enough.

I think it's already like that. Most believed that was his real name for years, and it popped up sometime since he has been working at Valve. I think people wanted some kind of name and face reveal, but that isn't going to happen.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
By now we had all heard the rumors/assumptions of what his name was. Hearing someone in the know more or less confirm it only removes the "Bruno = IF" memes from play, which were honestly getting tired anyways.

As for IF himself, only knowing his name and seeing what people think are a scant few photos of him from Dota events over the years doesn't really provide much insight into who he actually is, so for all intents and purposes his secret identity is still "safe," which is as good as you can ask for in The Information Age.

Pros still regularly meet with Valve people to discuss balance issues, right? I remember Aui talking briefly about a summit they had with a bunch of pros a few years ago where suggestions were made, and it's been hinted during patch analyses that some of the changes were ones suggested by players.

Even from when I just started it always struck me as weird that people in this "community" seem to actually believe it's just one dude at the helm making the changes, rather than the ironic/meme thing of blaming a shadowy figure behind the scenes.

It's definitely good against him, but you really need a natural Diffusal carrier to get any use out of it against him though, so your PLs, Nagas, Spectres, etc. Otherwise you won't get much out of it with any hero using one.

In normal level matchmaking any illusion hero should be able to completely neutralize a WK ult with diffusal.

Realistically aren't only PL and maybe Naga able to do this effectively? Most other illusion heroes and/or heroes that build illusions (morph/ck/tb/lunda/jugg/alch/miranda/etc) don't attack fast enough and/or do less burn because of ranged illusions to make a difference. Only PL has enough illusions with low enough damage that you can burn through his mana before killing him, while most of the others would just kill him too quickly 1v1. It's like the silly strat of diffusal on White Drow for WK when just straight damage is x1000 better

AM is different obviously

Twookie

Pros still regularly meet with Valve people to discuss balance issues, right? I remember Aui talking briefly about a summit they had with a bunch of pros a few years ago where suggestions were made, and it's been hinted during patch analyses that some of the changes were ones suggested by players.

not sure if it's regular but yeah valve do talk to pro players for some changes yes, that's how the new jungle camps got leaked IIRC

Realistically aren't only PL and maybe Naga able to do this effectively? Most other illusion heroes and/or heroes that build illusions (morph/ck/tb/lunda/jugg/alch/miranda/etc) don't attack fast enough and/or do less burn because of ranged illusions to make a difference. Only PL has enough illusions with low enough damage that you can burn through his mana before killing him, while most of the others would just kill him too quickly 1v1. It's like the silly strat of diffusal on White Drow for WK when just straight damage is x1000 better

had a WR that built diffusal blade against enemy WK and it absolutely destroyed the WK

not the most optimal item for WR but it did work

Hylian7

Even from when I just started it always struck me as weird that people in this "community" seem to actually believe it's just one dude at the helm making the changes, rather than the ironic/meme thing of blaming a shadowy figure behind the scenes.

I didn't think anyone believes that one guy comes up with all the ideas. Now he probably has the final say in everything for sure, but I would imagine he surely gets help with some of these things. Ever since Dota 2, I imagine he's gotten a lot of help from Valve for the technical side of things, so he could implement functionality that was impossible in WC3. A few examples of this being stuff like ward sharing with Ctrl, or double tapping wards to switch them. I'm sure a factor in making Broodmother be able to path through trees and cliffs was the fact that pathing can actually work correctly for that in Dota 2, where in WC3, it would still try to path you as if you were restricted by trees of cliffs. You had to make tiny clicks in front of the hero to move. The same thing applied to Spectre, but her duration is much shorter.

Yeah, you're right about that. I don't think it's worth buying if you're not a natural diffusal carrier. Omniknight is the case where you would buy it on unconventional heroes, like Drow, Jugg, Weaver, or anyone really.

oh yeah weaver also needs buffs, like a lot

I learned the basics on her (tutor inkls remembers) and after not playing her regularly for a long time I tried dragon lance and it was SO cunty

linkens rush being the worst way to play, when will people learn smh

buffs NOW

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

Even from when I just started it always struck me as weird that people in this "community" seem to actually believe it's just one dude at the helm making the changes

Icefrog has taken suggestions by email (and through various forums) from pros, community members, and regular joe schmo's alike. He sometimes asks pros for specific thoughts or previews changes for them, but the whole balancing process (from our limited knowledge) is still probably helmed by one guy (icefrog) with the most input coming from his beta team (most of the same 4-6 guys from dota1 still) and now other valve devs who actively test new patches and have the most direct access.

I think icefrog is still firmly in charge of balance though and the sole person actually executing balance changes based on various feedback (tiered/hierarchal in terms of weight, importance, and actual access). My personal thoughts though (based on how dota1 icefrog operated and various other things we know about dota2).

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Also it's just more amusing to push the myth of a one-man balancing act when mutiplayer game balance is a mess everywhere else.

Im pretty sure the techies aoe gold nerf was suggested by aui

I learned the basics on her (tutor inkls remembers) and after not playing her regularly for a long time I tried dragon lance and it was SO cunty

buffs NOW

#blueantforti6

buffs NOW

moblin plz
weaver is gucci

Vade

Is there a character that could even possibly EVEN TOUCH Madara Uchiha? Let alone defeat him. And I'm not talking about Edo Tensei Uchiha Madara. I'm not talking about Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara either. Hell, I'm not even talking about Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and Rinnegan doujutsus (with the rikodou abilities and being capable of both Amateratsu and Tsukuyomi genjutsu), equipped with his Gunbai, a perfect Susano'o, control of the juubi and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju's DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu. I’m also not talking about Kono Yo no Kyūseishu Futarime no Rikudō Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan (which is capable of Enton Amaterasu, Izanagi, Izanami and the Tsyukuyomi Genjutsu), his two original Rinnegan (which grant him Chikushōdō, Shuradō, Tendō, Ningendō, Jigokudō, Gakidō, Gedō, Banshō Ten’in, Chibaku Tensei, Shinra Tensei, Tengai Shinsei and Banbutsu Sōzō) and a third Tomoe Rinnegan on his forehead, capable of using Katon, Fūton, Raiton, Doton, Suiton, Mokuton, Ranton, Inton, Yōton and even Onmyōton Jutsu, equipped with his Gunbai(capable of using Uchihagaeshi) and a Shakujō because he is a master in kenjutsu and taijutsu, a perfect Susano’o (that can use Yasaka no Magatama ), control of both the Juubi and the Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju’s DNA and face implanted on his chest, his four Rinbo Hengoku Clones guarding him and nine Gudōdama floating behind him AFTER he absorbed Senjutsu from the First Hokage, entered Rikudō Senjutsu Mode, cast Mugen Tsukuyomi on everybody and used Shin: Jukai Kōtan so he can use their Chakra while they are under Genjutsu.

I'm definitely NOT Talking about sagemode sage of the six paths Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Super Saiyan 4 Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan, Rinnegan, Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, and Geass doujutsus, equipped with Shining Trapezohedron while casting Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann as his Susanoo, controlling the Gold Experience Requiem stand, having become the original vampire after Alucard, able to tap into the speedforce, wearing the Kamen Rider Black RX suit and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju's DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu and having eaten Popeye's spinach.

I'm talking about sagemode sage of the six paths Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Legendary Super Saiyan 4 Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan, Rinnegan, Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, and Geass doujutsus, equipped with his Shining Trapezohedron while casting Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann as his Susanoo, controlling the Gold Experience Requiem stand, having become the original vampire after having absorbed Alucard as well as a God Hand, able to tap into the speedforce, wearing the Kamen Rider Black RX suit, with Kryptonian DNA implanted in him and having eaten Popeye's spinach while possessing quantum powers like Dr. Manhattan and having mastered Hokuto Shinken.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Is there a character that could even possibly EVEN TOUCH Madara Uchiha? Let alone defeat him. And I'm not talking about Edo Tensei Uchiha Madara. I'm not talking about Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara either. Hell, I'm not even talking about Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and Rinnegan doujutsus (with the rikodou abilities and being capable of both Amateratsu and Tsukuyomi genjutsu), equipped with his Gunbai, a perfect Susano'o, control of the juubi and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju's DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu. I’m also not talking about Kono Yo no Kyūseishu Futarime no Rikudō Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan (which is capable of Enton Amaterasu, Izanagi, Izanami and the Tsyukuyomi Genjutsu), his two original Rinnegan (which grant him Chikushōdō, Shuradō, Tendō, Ningendō, Jigokudō, Gakidō, Gedō, Banshō Ten’in, Chibaku Tensei, Shinra Tensei, Tengai Shinsei and Banbutsu Sōzō) and a third Tomoe Rinnegan on his forehead, capable of using Katon, Fūton, Raiton, Doton, Suiton, Mokuton, Ranton, Inton, Yōton and even Onmyōton Jutsu, equipped with his Gunbai(capable of using Uchihagaeshi) and a Shakujō because he is a master in kenjutsu and taijutsu, a perfect Susano’o (that can use Yasaka no Magatama ), control of both the Juubi and the Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju’s DNA and face implanted on his chest, his four Rinbo Hengoku Clones guarding him and nine Gudōdama floating behind him AFTER he absorbed Senjutsu from the First Hokage, entered Rikudō Senjutsu Mode, cast Mugen Tsukuyomi on everybody and used Shin: Jukai Kōtan so he can use their Chakra while they are under Genjutsu.

I'm definitely NOT Talking about sagemode sage of the six paths Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Super Saiyan 4 Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan, Rinnegan, Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, and Geass doujutsus, equipped with Shining Trapezohedron while casting Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann as his Susanoo, controlling the Gold Experience Requiem stand, having become the original vampire after Alucard, able to tap into the speedforce, wearing the Kamen Rider Black RX suit and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju's DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu and having eaten Popeye's spinach.

I'm talking about sagemode sage of the six paths Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Legendary Super Saiyan 4 Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan, Rinnegan, Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, and Geass doujutsus, equipped with his Shining Trapezohedron while casting Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann as his Susanoo, controlling the Gold Experience Requiem stand, having become the original vampire after having absorbed Alucard as well as a God Hand, able to tap into the speedforce, wearing the Kamen Rider Black RX suit, with Kryptonian DNA implanted in him and having eaten Popeye's spinach while possessing quantum powers like Dr. Manhattan and having mastered Hokuto Shinken.
I still say Dio styles all over him. I mean, how many Universes did Madara destroy? Madara didn't even live a full century. Time stopping just an OP power.

Didn't even give him the most OP Jojo stand.

gai_shain

lcydxe9aTLvDT5flQ4PldQQswbnrC0tR4IIpTQjPr5PI2fSSvHhlc3ENf2B6DyGZOIY=w300

Demoli

Saitama

I still say Dio styles all over him. I mean, how many Universes did Madara destroy? Madara didn't even live a full century. Time stopping just an OP power.

Didn't even give him the most OP Jojo stand.

"controlling the Gold Experience Requiem stand"

DIO is done for

Demoli

Gold experience can't do shit if time is frozen. Noob.

Golden Experience Requiem resets the status of an action to 0. It's probably the most op stand in jojo rivaling only Tusk act 4 and Made in Heaven. Dio has no chance and would end up like Diavolo

inkls

who is pendragon and why should I care

Hello mate. I playing dota since 2005 and i can give you some insight.

Back then, the largest community sites is dotaallstars.com and pendragon as owner of this site. Fanbase is established here and pretty much ALL of idea is here. We also have a section that give an idea of new hero. Phoenix is an example.

Suddenly, this site is shutdown and there is a link that convinced us (dota player base) to play LoL. Pendragon basically saying "hey i shutdown this site. Btw, just play LoL. Its free!" and freaked out entire player base.

Frustated and confused, we are angry until Icefrog create new sites called playdota.com as new community base. Old player like me is really disgusted by Pendragon's move.

Years passed, and something incredible happened. Surprise,surprise. There is Teemo from LoL that ripped of completely from new hero idea on Dota Allstars. Once again a unavoidable conflict is started again. New generation dont know about Pendragon first until Teemo incident is come.

Oh, most interesting part is there is ads on sites that advertising LoL with something like this

I mean, come on. Riot is trying so hard to erase dota yet they still make fun of it.

BTW, Pendragon now is working on Riot as community manager and many of our heroes is literally plagiarized by them and their chief designer morello is saying something like this "fuck originality as long this is good for us"

well...something like that. my masterrace blood is boiling right now

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comm...n_hate_its_based_on_falsehoods_and_he/d3xxou9

a tl;dr of what happened

Chris R

Solo support can be fun, when the people you are supporting aren't trash and know how to react. It isn't fun when you are doing your best job at supporting and the carries just suck.

Top Bottom