• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

shira

daijobu
facepalm.gif

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
ADD TICKETS
GO TO CHECKOUT
'BUY?'
>YES

SORRY YOUR CART TIMER EXPIRED WE HAVE RELEASED YOUR TICKETS

OSFROG

Russ T

Banned
We were unable to process your request.

Fevaweva

Well I am going to go eat something and try again a bit later. Hopefully it is just something on Ticketmaster's end and not every single ticket has been sold.

traveler

Not Wario
I can get all the way through to payment each time on my phone, then it errors out, then it tells me its dropped my tickets because i took too long every single time.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Rofl testing checkout with weekday tickets and it fails
1 minute on finals tickets which will fail too

nope it failed
pretty sure i saw a guy with 200 lanyards around his neck scalping last year
Buying on site from people who don't spend full days is different and is way cheaper than buying right after ticket sales go up, dont think its the same

Hylian7

I tried again and had BOTH TICKETS in my cart, selected credit card, hit submit order and "We're sorry, something went wrong"

FUCK

Trying again.

It doesn't say sold out, right? There's still hope that this is just a ticketmaster fuckup?

traveler

Not Wario
Looks like they're starting the timer on search rather than once you're presented with the option to buy.

Is TUSR the only one here that's gotten through? I'm not seeing sold out on anything yet, so I'm assuming most are stuck in this logjam.

Quesa

Yes Queso Yes Queso

Ok, I'll bite, since I feel you're accusing me of exploiting the people here and I'd rather not let that stand.

Let's make something clear: To take your accusation literally, I don't make a single cent off ad revenue. I'm a freelancer and don't make money depending on how popular the articles I write are. I negotiate rates on a per-article basis. How popular the things I write are has never affected whether an editor would work with me, just the type of articles I'd write for them. You can make the connection that I am, in a small way, contributing to my client's popularity and thus creating more opportunities for myself, but I don't feel that with my work most of the time. So long as both my editor and I are satisfied with the work I did, the number of clicks my stuff gets is a bonus, not a goal.

Second: To go beyond the literal and fight the "spirit" of your accusation -- that I'm using this thread for self-promotion -- I don't post everything I write on this thread regardless of relevance. I'm always cautious of posting things I write here for fear of this exact kind of accusation. I only post things I write when they're relevant to whatever the thread's discussing, whether it's Dota, Dark Souls (which some people were talking about earlier), or anything else. I wrote an article about 2GD a while back but didn't post it here because I felt like the article would get us arguing in circles again and I didn't want that.

I post my work here because I think the people in this thread would find it interesting. Obviously it would be ideal for someone else who liked my writing to post it in the thread, but I'm not popular enough for that to be the case.

The off-topic shitposts I make have nothing to do with me. The SFV tournament didn't benefit me in any way -- I'm not a partner with either Twitch or Youtube, so I didn't have ads on either. I just saw crossover between people who played Dota and people who played fighting games and was curious about who'd win, etc.

Maybe this is too long a response for something relatively trivial, but you're not only saying that I'm trying to cozy up to the people here for clicks, you're shitting on what I do for a living because you attach those same accusations to my work as a whole.

If people feel bothered or annoyed by the fact that I'm self-promoting my work here (If you are, please let me know!) I'll stop, no hard feelings*. Despite my misgivings about some of the people here, I have a lot of fun on this thread and don't want the impression of me you've created to stand.

*Which is more than I can say for someone who continues to post NSFW stuff here after they've been asked to stop multiple times**.

**Sorry for the potshot but yeah, I took your insult personally.

Top Bottom