• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

bbd23

lmaooo

secret and eg should just become a single team at this point and just sub in different players now and again

#BleedBlue

abunai

Is trading one player really going to solve both team's apparent communication issues? or whatever the fuck is wrong with them

Twookie

what about zai

on one side I hope he stays with kaipi because of the success with him but on the other hand I could totally understand if he wanted to join EG again

edit: one reddit poster says zai to eg and aui kicked, he was right about bulba and universe switch so this might be true?

H13

eh, i dont mind fnatic loses to Newbee. Mushi need to work on his plays tho.
ohaiyo also been normal this match.
hope TI can get good places.
GO FNATIC
charm_rage.gif

Vade

Confirmed Fear was just lying to help AUI's confidence.

Fear 1, Sumail, 2, Universe 3, Zai 4, PPD 6

EG is back
in the dumpster

Red UFO

universe time walking the fuck out of secret

Can anyone in here explain the Crash Bandicoot obsession? The games are alright, but don't seem super amazing like everyone seems to be hyping a potential return of Crash.
They were always shit games, crash bandicoot is a shit character, shitty corridor level design that was awful at the time.

Arol

So both teams to open qualifiers?

Even though they're current champions will Valve invite them with all roster changes going on?

Wow couldn't even wait for the major to end.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Can anyone in here explain the Crash Bandicoot obsession? The games are alright, but don't seem super amazing like everyone seems to be hyping a potential return of Crash.

cute games that have been retroactively elevated by naughty dog's current status tbQh

oh god i hope secret doesn't make it out of the open quals

that would be the most amazing shit

Their team looks very beatable by other highly rated open qualifier teams. I'm rather certain they won't make it unless their team chemistry miraculously turns out to be extraordinarily good.

KingKong

oh god i hope secret doesn't make it out of the open quals

that would be the most amazing shit

I think there's a good chance they don't make it out of the main qualifiers if they don't sneak into NA. They'd probably have to play Alliance, Empire, Vega, VP

also the Secret owner being salty about Universe leaving after all the shit he did is hilarious

This player swapping shit is embarrassing.

yes

the people in/around/behind these teams are all so young and petty

at least certain legends, like CHUAN (the best dota player) are able to work through team issues and create a sense of camaraderie.

raw skill isn't good enough

Deadly

yes

at least certain legends, like CHUAN (the best dota player) are able to work through team issues and create a sense of camaraderie.

Chuan is THE example that raw skill is in fact enough. He's a rather toxic player and he's shit on his teammates publicly (Zhou and June).

Raw skill at this level is not the deciding factor. Other than the very rare case of Miracle who happens to be head and shoulders above every other player but he is just a freak of nature. The other pro players seem to be on a very similar level of skill and given how huge the fluctuations of individual players' success tend to be regardless of what team they play on, one must come to the conclusion that the meta, team chemistry and all that stuff is way more relevant than individual skill. Dota has almost 13mil monthly players and barely 100 of them make a meaningful amount of money with it. Whether you are the 10th best player in the world or the 55th obviously makes little difference and there is enough evidence to prove just that.

We're talking about the top 0.0008% players here

shira

My guess:

Invited: top 8 Manilla + 1
3 China: Newbee, LGD, VGR
3 EU OG, Navi, Liquid
2 SEA Fnatic, MVP
1 NA (DC/CoL or EG depending on the TI champ rule)

4 Qualifiers
1 from china, 1 from SEA, 1 from NA, 1 from EU

4 wildcard = 3 final spot
1 from China, 1 from SEA, 1 From NA, 1 from EU

shira

How many tournaments are between now and TI? Could EG/secret "earn" an invite?

There are 4-5 LANs between now and TI, the problem being TI qualifiers are June 21-29th.
Traditionally the TI direct invites are announced just before the TI qualifiers

The one LAN between the qualifiers and Manila is ESL Frankfurt. Of which Secret and EG not playing

Isnt the previous TI champ getting invited only a tradition and not a rule though?
If thats the case rules > tradition imo

They can bend them too. Add EG as the wildcard NA or something.

Eleuin

yes

??? Probably the worst example you could give

Isnt the previous TI champ getting invited only a tradition and not a rule though?
If thats the case rules > tradition imo

Yeah it's not a rule and Valve never stated that they want to invite champions back, they just did. EG swapped so many times over the past year that I don't think they deserve one anymore, gotta enforce your own rules.

bbd23

what makes you think this, specifically? I've heard a lot of speculation about zai recently, and I'm not sure where it's coming from.

Mostly because of tweets from team kaipi members about roster locks and the fact that zai was a registered official sub for EG.

zai is a good dude. I hope he manages to avoid the dramz

also it's funny that secret shat all over kuro and he's sitting pretty right now

dota icon CHUAN remains unbothered.

also how will they nerf drewsruptor? I fear it's going to be something bad like channeling glimpse or a fence cd nerf :(

aeolist

Banned
the question is whether fear even wants to go back to carry. it was the obvious choice when they picked up aui but he stayed in the 4 position.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Wow
surprise.gif

So yeah, if Universe went back to EG, that disqualifies them from both being direct invited. The Open Qualifiers are going to be interesting.

shira

Reddit suggesting Secret play in SEA qualifiers for ez invite

- all 5 players already in the region
- already have contacts in Singapore
- boot camp in Singapore for a month for best ping
- presumably MVP and Fnatic TI invites
- Kemal has money

SeemsGood

Deadly

Reddit suggesting Secret play in SEA qualifiers for ez invite

- all 5 players already in the region
- already have contacts in Singapore
- boot camp in Singapore for a month for best ping
- presumably MVP and Fnatic TI invites
- Kemal has money

SeemsGood
Rofl that would be genius really but I don't see it happening.

Quesa

Yea

1. fear
2. sumail
3. uni
4. zai
5. ppd

I like the look of that

considering Fear's insistence that he not play carry (staying supp after Aui joined, for example), and Zai wanting to move up on the farm chain, I think you can safely swap pos. 1 and 4.

Top Bottom