• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

Twookie

z3lCdBm.png

kunk-rum.gif

Qvoth

man if aui is kicked out again from eg then he literally will hate ppd forever
literally the birth of a supervillain
AU7Amsc.gif

Twookie

i felt sorry for him getting kicked after winning TI5, less sorry for him getting kicked after being shit for months

yeah true, I was more thinking about him not having had any success at all after TI
I mean he does deserve to be kicked after that performance but I still kinda feel for him
Poor millionaire?
Aui_2000 $1,892,028.64 plus the $6k he got for showing up to Manila.

Wouldn't be surprised if he gets a TI coaching or analyst job - another $10-20k

money isn't everything ya know

he wanted to create the best NA dota team and it's not before after he leaves the team that he created becomes the "top NA" team, he has literally not had any success after him winning TI

but then again, winning ti is probably more than what most pro dota players will ever achieve ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Plot twist, Aui only TI5 champ to attend TI6.

oh gosh

Deadly

If Aui were smart he'd have gotten a stipulation in his contract that if he gets kicked again he'd receive some kind of monetary compensation.

Never really been a huge Bulba fan, and I'm super sad that Universe didn't work out for Secret. Still, at least the ArtEEzy bromance seems to be alive.

I think Misery would have been a better fit but he's probably tired of being kicked from Secret twice already
sad.gif

Anyway. The stage is set for Secret to go win TI after going through Open Qualifiers and for Puppey to be the first 2 time TI champion.
naga-song3.gif

52club

Offlaning was a bitch with EE on the team, but add in RTZ I'm not sure there is an offlaner that can work with that. I have to wonder if Universe checked out a while ago, I still remember a Tide game where he just basically wouldn't use ravage.

Russ T

Banned
bulba AND rtz AND ee on the same team?

phew now i can hate secret with a clean conscience

sorry puppey i love you but this is too much

inkls

zai is a good dude. I hope he manages to avoid the dramz

also it's funny that secret shat all over kuro and he's sitting pretty right now

dota icon CHUAN remains unbothered.

also how will they nerf drewsruptor? I fear it's going to be something bad like channeling glimpse or a fence cd nerf :(

I thought kuro left. How did secret shit on him?

can you not normalfish
PJSalt
What's he ever done to get the hate? The only thing I recall him being famous for is his clock plays in the game that penned LIQUID ARE DOING IT.
??? One of the best NA offlaners ever, and one of the old guard who's put in mad work to get pro dota to where it is?

His lackluster performance in the last year and a half does not justify the hate he gets, nor does it invalidate his previous claims to fame.

the "a player is only as good as their last tournament" mindset is so dumb.

Deadly

PJSalt

??? One of the best NA offlaners ever, and one of the old guard who's put in mad work to get pro dota to where it is?

His lackluster performance in the last year and a half does not justify the hate he gets, nor does it invalidate his previous claims to fame.

the "a player is only as good as their last tournament" mindset is so dumb.
Year and a half? His biggest success was in Team Liquid which was like 2013-2014. Even then they weren't amazing. He might be skilled individually, which I don't doubt, but he hasn't done much in a team to be as famous as you claim him to be.

He appears to be a top tier coach though.

Year and a half? His biggest success was in Team Liquid which was like 2013-2014. Even then they weren't amazing. He might be skilled individually, which I don't doubt, but he hasn't done much in a team to be as famous as you claim him to be.

He appears to be a top tier coach though.
and 2012 and 2011...

Dude's been around and relevant for a long time. If he was as unspectacular as people think, you really think he would be playing for T1 teams, with some of the best players in the western scene?

To believe bulba is as much of a flop as you seem to, is to believe the long list of players and casters/analysts who rate him are more ignorant on the subject than you are. That seems unlikely.

Deadly

and 2012 and 2011...

Dude's been around and relevant for a long time. If he was as unspectacular as people think, you really think he would be playing for T1 teams, with some of the best players in the western scene?

To believe bulba is as much of a flop as you seem to, is to believe the long list of players and casters/analysts who rate him are more ignorant on the subject than you are. That seems unlikely.
Did you read the part where I say I don't doubt that he's skilled? Never said he was a flop just not amazing. Great player? Sure. Successful player? Not that much.

Results speak for themselves: http://wiki.teamliquid.net/dota2/BuLba/Results#Detailed_Results

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
The entirety of Bulba's claim to fame is a single quality Clockwork hookshot in TI3. I remember the play clearly.

shira

https://twitter.com/CLEMENTINATOR/status/740976538003202049 said:
Prelude 3.0
esUmXKH.gif
esUmXKH.gif

Aw yeah more . . . more drama

I like cartoons but I don't own memorabilia
I am also very bad at nihongo
I have been to Japan a few times for vacation

and 2012 and 2011...

Even Charlie was like he's got performance issues he's working on.

kasane

I forgot how the open qualifier works.

Does top 2 team both get in to play for yhe main even qualifier? There would be so much salt if 1 of secret or eg doesnt get thru, or much less both of them

Chris R

For last year's TI only a single wild card team from each region was invited to participate in the main qualifier stage, but the Majors started to invite more open qualifier teams (4 for Frankfurt, 2 for Shanghai and Manila).

Gaaraz

Hey guys, my UI seems kinda screwy, things including:

- On the main DotA page when there's a video playing, it continues to play the audio into my game
- I cannot view my favourite heros, clicking on any of the hero filters doesn't do anything
- In the shop, if I click the filters at the top (Common, Support, Caster etc) nothing happens.

Any ideas please?
Anyone else had any problems like this?

KingKong

I thought ubiverse would stay but i guess my hubch is right the he basically checked out of secret during esl manila

can you even imagine having EE screaming in your ear every day. We should have seen it coming when this happened

EE said:
I’m talking to him a lot about how to play, every day after pubs I’ll message him, but it’s great because he learns very fast and you feel like he just wants to improve.

Secret and EG can both go and disband for all I care. Can't you have at LEAST the FUCKING DECENCY to wait till after the Major to announce this shit? Way to get the attention away from the event and your fellow players, fucking idiots.

Arol

I think Valve should invite more teams to the majors/TI along with not making first place so top heavy in prize money.

Maybe teams will stay together longer. The shuffle after TI is going to be insane

Top Bottom