• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
just woke up, I've been sleeping for over TWELVE HOURS? what the FUCK

and i'm still tired fuck me
dead_eyes.gif

weird, me too

only i feel fresh as a daisy sorry

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
This LGD draft is pretty cool. I am sure they will have trouble taking down the tanky heroes later with the lack of stuns though.

I love me some Matumbaman action Kreygasm

Twookie

so there is no point in me picking up a GTX 1080 without a 4k monitor right?

If you want to play the new games on the best quality settings for a long time then sure go ahead with the 1080. I think pairing it up with a GSYNC 144hz monitor would be better imo
but honestly that's up to you if you want higher resolution or higher framerates

edit: I see I was late

I kinda wanna get a laptop Dota techGAF: should I hold off for the next wave of things, or is now a good time?

isn't intel coming out with some new chips soon? I remember hearing about some time ago

either way, I'd wait a bit

Swig_

Does anyone else keep running into teams consisting of 4-5 strength, super tanky heroes like TImber and Pudge? I see this in at least half, if not more, of my non-ranked matches. I'm not sure what to do about it. I keep getting teams who barely function as a team and it seems like there's no counter to this setup unless your team has some coordination, which is a lot of ask for in unranked.

Yeah, you can buy AC or other -armor items, but the teams are just too tanky and do too much damage, especially early game.

Does anyone else keep running into teams consisting of 4-5 strength, super tanky heroes like TImber and Pudge? I see this in at least half, if not more, of my non-ranked matches. I'm not sure what to do about it. I keep getting teams who barely function as a team and it seems like there's no counter to this setup unless your team has some coordination, which is a lot of ask for in unranked.

Yeah, you can buy AC or other -armor items, but the teams are just too tanky and do too much damage, especially early game.

life stealer for strength heroes and slardar/sf for high armour heroes would be my suggestion.

Hylian7

PSA: If you are a core, and buying the Tomes for yourself, you are greedy as all hell. Those are for the supports.

Pick Lifestealer, and adapt depending on what the other team picked. Get disables, smoke for pickoffs, and itemize accordingly for the enemy heroes.

No, but try Phoenix and max Sunray.

Twookie

I really wish blizzard implemented that "show as offline" function on battle net as promised years ago but for seemingly no reason still isn't here

I just want to play without getting pestered with party invites and spam damnit

Wok

Based on dotabuff counters, Broodmama and Doom are good counters. I don't really know why.

Maybe the auras (vlads, plus any other neutral aura) and the silence against neither-manta-nor-bkb heroes (from orchid or doom) to gank and counter-gank, and the escape (from spin web and shadow blade/blink dagger/movement speed from phase boots and casual drums).

Anyway, an obligatory item would be vlads. I would suggest picking Elder Titan for easy ults.

Now, if we are not talking about Pudge and Timber, but of some other combinations like the disgusting Slardar + Lifestealer run by Newbee, you can call gg as soon as Slardar has a blink dagger.

shira

Twitch Stream
Youtube Stream
Steam Broadcast

Lower Bracket Final (Bo3)
t1465696800z1.png

Newbee vs Liquid

Grand Final (Bo5 no advantage)
t1465714800z1.png

Winner vs OG

-----

VODS
Missed any games?
Spoiler-free subreddit with links to all games, takes 5-10 minutes for encoding

Full-day Twitch VOD's (not mobile friendly - full day broadcast ~10-12 hours, available when broadcast ends)
Full-day Youtube VOD's (not mobile friendly - full day broadcast ~10-12 hours, available anytime)
Single Match Youtube VOD's (mobile friendly - each game is available for individual viewing ~30-80 minutes, takes 5-10 minutes for encoding)
Single Match Youtube VOD's (mobile friendly - each game is available for individual viewing ~30-80 minutes, takes 4-5 hours for encoding)
Download the games in the free Dota 2 client for full access to each player's perspective and free camera views (Caster audio may be glitched, takes 10-20 minutes for encoding)

Top Bottom