• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

ms was good

ubis was surprisingly my favorite

I thought Ubi's actual presentation (aisha, their venue/stage, etc.) was very well done. Probably the best. Their games don't really appeal to me these days though. The VR stuff isn't for me despite enjoying watching that bird game, the mountain skiing/snowboarding thing, watchdogs, and just dance also aren't really for me.

I still do. Yeah, that demo didn't make it look good, but I think the final product might be better in context. We will see though.

I think a lot of people are still holding out for a character action game despite it clearly being a WRPG. Demo seemed to be focused on showing off features (getting on the dragon, melee combat, the bow, coop all used) than actual gameplay itself.

I still believe. And it's on W10 so I'll be upgrading.

KingKong

Sadly thats just because console makers have been putting out crap for a decade. Maybe I'm just getting old.

pretty much everything on Xbox is coming to PC (not steam but still), and pretty much every console indie exclusive makes its way to PC sooner or later

Vade

Shh we do not say these things out loud.

When Sony was 599.99 they all hide in disgrace. Now they are out in the open and cannot shut the fuck up.

The only items that looked interesting are coming to pc as well. I'll say they all have been disappointing from both an S/H and a customer perspective. Ubisoft was the most comprehensive, and MSFT flowed together unless you actually know that the S is a joke.

Sony was really average, no flow Shawn is a pathetic speaker, which Sony should try and minimize and give more Andrew House. He looks like a Hobo, he repeats his teleprompter like Rubio Bot1000, and he physically looks as if he is going to breakdown back stage. Jack Trenton was a god tier speaker and presenter and now you have gone to the RD2L of presenters.

shira

make eg and secret play na open qualifiers and make them play eachother first round Kappa

Lindsay-Lohan-Spits-Out-Drink.gif

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
So I tried that no raze SF build, worked pretty well
https://yasp.co/matches/2434800683/

That early armor reduction is huge and makes last hitting a little easier. Only problem is it pushes the lane. ended up dying to a nature's prophet, spirit breaker combo early on but it hardly slowed me down. bitched at my team as well to take an early rosh and we finally got it to take early highground.

59 last hits @ 10 mins to quas exort invoker's 5. holy shit.

tfw after 12 straight losses and you have a teammate abandon on the 13th but manage to win because your slams are literal perfection and your riki feasts b/c of them and abandon gold is real and you get your daily and 500 betting coins from it ;___;

currently posting from Windows 10. Wish this shit OS would detect my old programs but eh. Good excuse to trash 'em all and start new. I could never tell what I needed.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Guys, the Nielsen tv people mailed me $1. How do I fill out this survey thing to accurately convay that I have spent the last month watching 100 hours of Yugioh?

DrPizza

Banned
So far over this compendium and last I am down about 40 games. It's disastrous.

Some motherfucker abandoned after a couple of minutes in one game today because he said he had chosen the wrong fucking quest. People like that sicken me.

DrPizza

Banned
I thought Ubi's actual presentation (aisha, their venue/stage, etc.) was very well done. Probably the best. Their games don't really appeal to me these days though. The VR stuff isn't for me despite enjoying watching that bird game, the mountain skiing/snowboarding thing, watchdogs, and just dance also aren't really for me.

Aisha is great, and I think Ubi's format for the presentations is the best. Have a constant host (unlike Microsoft, say) and have her actually fun to watch (unlike the PC Gamer event). Though I agree, none of Ubi's games really grabbed me this year, though the Division expansion looks interesting.

Microsoft wasn't bad. The One S looks very attractive. The Scorpio tease was ballsy. But most importantly, I like their strategy a lot: every exclusive game was "Xbox One and Windows 10" exclusive, Play Anywhere is super smart (and might actually encourage me to play some games on the Xbox!), and the broader theme of "the hardware may change, but you'll still have all your games" is very smart. Also, OMG, someone buy me this controller: http://www.twitter.com/DrPizza/status/742441007749423104

I didn't watch Sony because I couldn't care less.

I have 78% winrate as Omni with 50+ matches played. The hero has always been a monster in pubs. I'm not sure what the strength buff is for, but I guess I appreciate it.

JambiBum

Honestly besides a couple of games (Horizon, Kojima thing, and maybe God of War) the Sony conference was just boring. They didn't show anything substantial for VR besides RE7 either which was a shame. Microsoft had a good showing and thankfully I can get the games I want on my PC even if it is through the W10 store.

EA only really had Titanfall 2 for me but that looked great. I'll include the dumb Battlefield stream where most of the celebrities there were high as fuck because it was hilarious to watch.

Ubi had Watch Dogs 2, Ghost Recon, Steep, and maybe For Honor that I'm interested in.

There wasn't really anything that was crazy this year from the big conferences but there were things that I was at least interested in.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Been so damn long since there have been any decent streamers during the work day for EU.

The worst thing about the Draskyl stream is that 90% of it is muted when I try to watch the VODs
aaaah.gif

Been so damn long since there have been any decent streamers during the work day for EU.

The worst thing about the Draskyl stream is that 90% of it is muted when I try to watch the VODs
aaaah.gif

Draskyl streams every day of the week (in the evening). I actually wonder what his social life looks like?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
currently posting from Windows 10. Wish this shit OS would detect my old programs but eh. Good excuse to trash 'em all and start new. I could never tell what I needed.

Sounds fuckin bad. All these new games coming out requiring Windows 10 making me feel like I need to crack and just update it already but I'm not thrilled about MS taking steps towards making my PC a closed system.

I'm watching them and Cyanide seems like the worst sort of person.

Apart from the admin abuse.

it's so fucking funny though
Sounds fuckin bad. All these new games coming out requiring Windows 10 making me feel like I need to crack and just update it already but I'm not thrilled about MS taking steps towards making my PC a closed system.

~3 hours of set up (regedit, turning off/uninstalling garbage, moving around directories, installing programs I removed, removing junk from start menu, etc.) and it's working really well. The boot is so fucking fast, it's awesome.

gai_shain

sonygaf hyped this e3 as if it is the second coming of christ, its pretty obvious they would have called it the best conference ever no matter how bad it was.

Top Bottom