• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Currently there is a pretty big backlash against the moderators of the CS subreddit for basically suppressing any kind of discussion about cheats in the pro scene, or discussion on "fishy clips" or pieces of evidence, which is great. That's how this shit changes.

Valve also came out and responded directly to the controversy and reiterated their stance on cheating. Bodes well I hope.

CSGO subreddit admin reiterating his absolute stupid fucking stance though, with, I quote "Discussing if a player is cheating or not, is not allowed." Yep, you cannot discuss AT ALL if a professional CSGO player may or may not be cheating on the CSGO subreddit. Big fucking yoke.

Moratorium on all types of a particular discussion = awful policy in my book. Something like this should be handled on a case by case basis, is something getting too witch hunty or out of hand? Fine, police it. Is something completely baseless with not even a clip? Fine, police it. Have a clear clip of a player aimlocking to a known glitched wall that trips up aimlocks on B Cache? Why the fuck are you suppressing all discussion in this case? Silencing the discussion as a whole is just so shortsighted and stupid.

Jebusman

Banned
Currently there is a pretty big backlash against the moderators of the CS subreddit for basically suppressing any kind of discussion about cheats in the pro scene, or discussion on "fishy clips" or pieces of evidence, which is great. That's how this shit changes.

Valve also came out and responded directly to the controversy and reiterated their stance on cheating. Bodes well I hope.

CSGO admin reiterating his absolute stupid fucking stance though, with, I quote "Discussing if a player is cheating or not, is not allowed." Yep, you cannot discuss AT ALL if a professional CSGO player may or may not be cheating on the CSGO subreddit. Big fucking yoke.

Moratorium on all types of a particular discussion = awful policy in my book. Something like this should be handled on a case by case basis, is something getting too witch hunty or out of hand? Fine, police it. Is something completely baseless with not even a clip? Fine, police it. Have a clear clip of a player aimlocking to a known glitched wall that trips up aimlocks on B Cache? Why the fuck are you suppressing all discussion in this case? Silencing the discussion as a whole is just so shortsighted and stupid.

This is what happens on the flipside of a "we don't want a witch hunt" mentality that you end up having to deal with.

Combined with a near unhealthy reverence for the "pro" scene and an almost disgusting need to protect the pro players even if they're potentially cheating, and you really get to see the fun side of eSports.

spk

CSGO subreddit admin reiterating his absolute stupid fucking stance though, with, I quote "Discussing if a player is cheating or not, is not allowed." Yep, you cannot discuss AT ALL if a professional CSGO player may or may not be cheating on the CSGO subreddit. Big fucking yoke.

It's funny to me that some people just plug their ears re: cheating being an issue in pro level CS.

"It's LAN" "Cherry picked clips" "Why would they sacrifice their careers" "64 tick"

If you're any good at the game and understand aim and movement mechanics you should at least raise a fucking eyebrow at the numerous "coincidences" and odd player/recoil behaviors, much of which have happened by the same people, in the same spot, on the same map, in the same way. At this point I'm eager to see shit implode honestly, and I've loved/played this game since like 99. It's just soured me on the game altogether

It would be good if yee_lmao1 or whoever is not just a troll

KingKong

I don't understand why you would trust a random redditor and his massive list of cheating pros just because he had some inside info on Team Liquids roster changes

Hylian7

Yeah, upon seeing more of it, Zelda is fucking godlike, and even more than what I wanted out of this game. I really was not expecting to be t his impressed by it, and thought Nintendo had lost their goddamn minds having this be their only game. Now I understand why.

Artanisix

ELEGIGGLE MASSIVE MCCREE / WIDOW NERFS HUAHUAHUA

- mccree fan the hammer bullet damage from 70 to 45
- widow fully charged body shot damage down from 150 to 120 (base dmg from 15 to 12)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Now I can spam McCree without shame.

Widowmaker spammers get fucked.

I don't understand why you would trust a random redditor and his massive list of cheating pros just because he had some inside info on Team Liquids roster changes

who would even know who's cheating though lol?

Is there some guy that sits behind teams and watching them turn on their hacks? And then doesn't tell valve or anyone, just leaks it on reddit? The fact that someone like Semphis can't put out something like this should imply that-- if they guy really knows-- he's probably someone helping people cheat or similar.

spk

I mean it's clear he has some level of inside connection if he's making repeated accurate predictions regarding rosters/outcomes and people in the scene (Blu, RLewis) also know who he is.

On top of that multiple pro and semi pro players have said that pretty much the same thing: that people are underestimating cheating at high levels of CS. See: ko1n, sf, kqly, the german player that was first banned, accused players having known cheaters/coders on their friends list, kio getting "hacked" shortly after kqly got busted..

We wont 100% know until greater evidence is presented but it's not like this is all entirely unrelated bullshit.

lol if this a real account or truthful statement http://i.imgur.com/pyDJfxG.png

even still this all started before him and will continue after him

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
ELEGIGGLE MASSIVE MCCREE / WIDOW NERFS HUAHUAHUA

- mccree fan the hammer bullet damage from 70 to 45
- widow fully charged body shot damage down from 150 to 120 (base dmg from 15 to 12)

Seems ok. Fan/roll/fan still does a good chunk to even the tanks but isn't an instant win combo.

That Widow nerf single handedly made Zen playable.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

Oh the random redditor doesn't matter at all. He just stirred the pot again which is a great thing. Less than half of the people on that list could be actual hackers, and it's still damning. Just watching competitive CS makes you realize there are hackers in there, you don't need a redditor to tell you how many or who. There are far too many aimlock plays (as we were discussing, as I was linking). Most of the frustration and evidence isn't from a random reddit post, it's from actual competitive matches that feel tarnished lol.

It doesn't take a genius to look at some of those earlier clips and see what's happening. You consistently have people machine locking onto other people through walls, smokes, and other unseeable areas (sometimes being completely blatant about it and screwing up to the point it looks even more blatant i.e. the first link).Hacking in CS is like the open secret among pros, the community, and even the production side alike--no one wants to openly talk about it but everyone knows it's there slipping through the cracks.

If you're any good at the game and understand aim and movement mechanics you should at least raise a fucking eyebrow at the numerous "coincidences" and odd player/recoil behaviors, much of which have happened by the same people, in the same spot, on the same map, in the same way. At this point I'm eager to see shit implode honestly, and I've loved/played this game since like 99. It's just soured me on the game altogether

Yep, can't explain all those robotically precise flicks through walls right into the center of a body or head with "game sense" or "dumb luck" only to watch the player go back to his scrambled mouse movement after locking onto someone. Just happens way too often, and if you play or watch CS; it's pretty easy to see the difference between a hacker movement and a player one. If you saw half these clips in overwatch, you'd instantly ban the suspect lol.

Anyhow, I've beaten a dead horse and repeated myself enough times at this point, so this will be my last CS post for the week, I promise. Just wanted to hammer home that this isn't entirely based on the accusations of a random reddit account, he just lit the already existing embers that turn into an inferno once a month.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Alright I just got done upgrading to Windows 10. If this sucks I am going to be mad.

KingKong

I genuinely believe no one in a tier 1 csgo team is cheating and those clips are purely accidental. Think about how many people would have to be involved in this kind of cover up for it to happen on LAN

KingKong

The same could be said of Adderall abuse.

Not really, you just pop a pill.

Does anyone believe that even after that first pro was busted and they started checking equipment and locking down computers, several people still managed to smuggle in and install cheats and use them and no one has spotted anything despite the heavy scrutiny?

I genuinely believe no one in a tier 1 csgo team is cheating and those clips are purely accidental. Think about how many people would have to be involved in this kind of cover up for it to happen on LAN
This is my take usually, but there are so many clips from online, which that defence doesn't apply to. Moreover, you should watch semphis' blog from a while back. The "security" at lans isn't up to snuff. He basically said that he was sure he could cheat on lan if he desired it.

manfestival

bruh i just tealized that morphling beat clockwerk in the arcana bracket. that is a load of garbage. SHAME ON ALL THAT VOTED MORPHLING!

Any of you guys know of the good SF item build? I'm not quite brave enough to give no raze SF a try yet as far as abilities go.

I'm guessing there's two.

spk

Not really, you just pop a pill.

Does anyone believe that even after that first pro was busted and they started checking equipment and locking down computers, several people still managed to smuggle in and install cheats and use them and no one has spotted anything despite the heavy scrutiny?

Players have gone on record saying the security checks are low effort and/or non existent
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drrGTxsYhv4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nCv7PFL8Gw&feature=youtu.be&t=6m27s (6:27)

Supposedly there's cheats that work by parsing network traffic with just a host pc/phone, so you might not even need things installed tournament computers. I don't know really how any of that works though

what's the reason for not changing troll's tooltip for berserker's rage??? lmao

it's so weird to have the spell description say it adds health and have the list of buffs include BONUS HEALTH: 0

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Any of you guys know of the good SF item build? I'm not quite brave enough to give no raze SF a try yet as far as abilities go.

I'm guessing there's two.

bottle --> treads --> aquila --> shadowblade --> dragon lance --> aghanim's --> HoD --> silver edge --> w/e you want or need

pretty much my vanilla go to build in every SF game, really flexible and fun build that makes you feel tanky and well rounded without dropping dosh on BKB or skaadi

bottle --> treads --> aquila --> shadowblade --> dragon lance --> aghanim's --> HoD --> silver edge --> w/e you want or need

pretty much my vanilla go to build in every SF game, really flexible and fun build that makes you feel tanky and well rounded without dropping dosh on BKB or skaadi
Thanks mang.

Damn, just played an international ranked round and one opponent had >6k mmr, and is apparently on second place in the global ranking list.

jrP7oeN.png

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2437618730

Of course, ez win, cawcaw. Kunkka setup into hook is kinda neat I gotta say.

There's still flaws in all of these methods. Dota 2's gear policy suffers from the same stuff CS GO's does.

LiQuid!

All the Overwatch players, are you ready for LEGEND OF TITAN?

The Chinese Overwatch

No srs

Its literally Overwatch. They even ripped all the assets

It's actually shocking how shitty it looks while looking so much like actual Overwatch.
Windows 10 is good for the most part tbh

It's not so bad. It just feels very cell phone. How come all my games and programs are "apps" now? Apple has done a lot of harm to the landscape of computing, but the only thing I'll never forgive is that everything's a god damned app now.

Only thing I hate so far is the new Start menu. Is the left side of that thing just non-customizable now?? I don't actually use my desktop. I used to keep a manual list of all the shit I use on my Start menu and it looks like I can't do that anymore unless I put them all in panels. It's like MS didn't take the hint that nobody likes their awful phones but still put that wack ass UI in Windows instead.

Top Bottom