• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

Vade

Who was more fly?

ubzE4Ss.jpg

Clyde 'the Glide'

dOMvTO4.jpg

Julius 'Dr. J'

jHZoitG.jpg

Wilt 'the Stilt'

DrPizza

Banned
Sounds fuckin bad. All these new games coming out requiring Windows 10 making me feel like I need to crack and just update it already but I'm not thrilled about MS taking steps towards making my PC a closed system.

It really isn't a closed system, but it is a better one.

Chris R

I appreciate a good Omniknight game. Even as a support sometimes you just need to whack people with a giant hammer.
I just did this yesterday. We won, but my Arcane timing means I lost my quest :(

edit: speaking of arcane timings, what do I need to be doing differently as a pos5 to get that $$$ quicker at the start of the game? Looking at what I bought the previous game I guess I could have gone 2 branch 1 set of tango instead of 3+2, told the 3 stack to FUCKING BUY WARDS and let the pull camp be blocked by their ward?

That and not dying I guess. Just sucks to win a game but fail the quest, seeing as it's a fucking easy quest lol, just didn't want to steal cs from my safe lane pugna, maybe I should have picked up an iron talon and jungled.

zelda looks like hilarious garbage

what a trash franchise from an even worse company

can a profitable, successful company that makes good games (like Riot) buy them out already zzzz

Twookie

the new zelda looks awesome, kinda what I wanted from ffxv

too bad I dont have a WIIU nor do I plan to buy the NX or wiiu for a single game

but damn if the new game didnt look great
smile.gif

Hylian7

Okay, Zelda looks fucking sick, now I can see why they dedicated their E3 time to this. This is exactly what I have wanted out of 3D Zelda for years.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
It really isn't a closed system, but it is a better one.

Maybe not a full closed system the way say an iphone is, but all the windows store integration with the gaming stuff sounds pretty closed system to me.

I'll probably end up upgrading anyways. I feel like I'm fighting the future. Still not happy about it. Is there still no way to disable automatic updates? I swear at least once a week someone I'm gaming with gets randomly dropped because of a forced update.

Quesa

Like the exploration emphasis in Zelda, loathe the durability and armor systems. I don't want to micromanage gear in Zelda

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
cs pros gettin exposed yet the CS subreddit still has a moratorium on "withc hunts," "accusations," or "fishy clips," what an absolute garbo competitive scene

Hylian7

I'm almost certain it'll be the case. So why do it at all?
We will probably see for sure when the stream comes back, but I think it might just be that you might find some weapon that is better than what you have temporarily, or maybe you need it for a puzzle or something. I could see that Stalfos Arm being used for a puzzle of some kind.

Think of it like the Wind Waker items. You would use them temporarily, and then had to drop them when you left the room.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
what did I miss

some hacker/insider leaked info about upcoming cs changes and roster swaps for the last few weeks was right on pretty much all of them and then made a cryptic post about which pro's are cheating (really unsurprising, the list basically lines up with the fishiest mofos and the constant gif-ers), mods instantly delete his post, pretty much all mentions of his post, and then the guy deletes his account (apparently his anonymity was threatened -- people think it was steel)

here's the list he posted btw;

current cheaters: Flusha, krimz, olof, coldzera, fallen, fer, fnx, seized, snax, byali, hen1, niko, konfig, apex

old cheaters: kennys, shox, kioshima, kqly, happy

he claimed they use a vulnerability in the steam workshop that valve is unaware of (and that other hackers like himself utilize for purposes outside of csgo) for their aimlocks and the like, and that the only legit team to win a major was NiP. said most teams especially at majors ran with at least 1 cheater

unrelated to this particular incident, it's just hilarious to me how censored cheat discussion is on that subreddit when it comes to pro players, you can't post "evidence" or "clips" (which is how cheaters were caught in 1.6 and source -- through demos), the only goddam way someone is cheating is if they get vac'd klappa

Twookie

did you guys see that "we happy few" game? pretty cool concept imo ugh never mind the gameplay video didn't look that hot. too bad

Death Stranding is probably my game of the e3 just because of how weird and cool that trailer and ofc it's kojima. dude makes some nice trailers

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
because vac catches all cheaters dude, why would anyone competing for millions of dollars and recognition ever try to cheat or circumvent vac? nobody spends the time or money to get ahead in competition, right right? i mean who is going to try that at the olympics, in the nba or nfl, or at the top of the esports scene it's too risky you know?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
The thing about cs aimlocking is people always love to throw out the "well inevitably once in a blue moon a player will lock onto another player through a wall." That's just something that has a chance to occur, and will occur, cheat or no cheat, completely true. The problem is that in competitive CS games this happens so regularly, round after round, where a player's crosshair flicks onto another player (who is not visible), and not just flicks, but centers right on their body or head.

When it happens constantly and so precisely, that's when you know you're dealing with some sort of hack, and that's why tournaments in 1.6/source had demo analysts look for this kind of stuff to prevent hacks (now we have vac though a very good anti-cheat intended for public matchmaking and probably not equipped to effectively deal with more expensive and advanced cheats).

You'll also sometimes get those awkward clips like the first one I linked where this pro player who 99% of the time has super precise fluid movements, will just fucking spazz out and go nuts with his crosshair (despite seeing or hearing no one), and that's usually when he realizes his aimlock flicked onto someone in a blatant manner and he's trying to pull away and fight that shit, straight up panicking. Not "natural" and not "dumb luck" but it is fucking dumb I'll tell you that.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The best part is when he switches weapons to break the lock.

Idk that posted list seems questionable to me, but there are definitely hackers.

But really, cold? Dude's a fucking nutter but I've never seen him do soemthing I'd say was hack-y so much as just completely unexpected and lucky like jumping awp shots.

Twookie

lmao krimz breaking out the aimlock for olof's return, again (just today)

competitive cs just makes me so fucking mad i need to stop watching this shit

lmao

I'm not sure if you're being serious, as I don't really play CS:GO or follow it or know the mechanics in and out, but what about this looks like cheating? Only moment I think looks suspicious is when... krimz? is looking at the smoke and his cursor jumps straight to that guy on the right, before moving off.

yeah that is what bokr means
the way he locks onto a target when he clearly can't have any vision on in

it has happened too many times now to be a coincidence

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I'm not sure if you're being serious, as I don't really play CS:GO or follow it or know the mechanics in and out, but what about this looks like cheating? Only moment I think looks suspicious is when... krimz? is looking at the smoke and his cursor jumps straight to that guy on the right, before moving off.

Oh I'm being 100% serious. Krimz flick aimlocks right onto the center of someone's body that is behind the smoke. This is what plagues CSGO, this happens nearly every other round in nearly every competitive game; these precise, deliberate flicks that lock onto another completely hidden player's body. That's the moment I'm referencing, basically what you described, not the entire clip or Olof in this particular instance (happens at the 24s mark).

Basically it functions like a pseudo wallhack/aimbot without being as obvious as either, it detects and flicks onto bodies (or heads). So the player using an aimlock (presses a key to lock onto the nearest enemy body/head, this is why you see gifs of players often screwing up and locking onto someone they didn't know was right next to or behind them) gets valuable information; he knows the location of the enemy player (despite a wall or smoke), and then quickly moves his cursor off so it's not as obvious. Can also be used straight up like an aimbot during gunfights, but again, it's less blatant/obvious than a pure aimbot.

In the clip, look how deliberate and precise that flick movement that Krimz first does on the enemy player behind the smoke. He rigidly locks onto him with the tap of a key, and then moves off like a normal player would, not as smoothly aka a normal somewhat bumpy human mouse movement. The lock onto the body is a pretty instantaneous and smooth movement right onto the center of the enemy player (the aimlock). Everything that happens afterwards is just Krimz, and that's why aimlocks are harder to detect compared to blatant walls/aimbots.

Just really depressing considering how amazing CSGO is as an esport, just from a gameplay/visual perspective, how amazing the production is behind it, etc... too bad.

Russ T

Banned
Oh I'm being 100% serious. Krimz flick aimlocks right onto the center of someone's body that is behind the smoke. This is what plagues CSGO, this happens nearly every other round in nearly every competitive game; these precise, deliberate flicks that lock onto another completely hidden player's body.

Basically it functions like a pseudo wallhack/aimbot without being as obvious as either, it detects and flicks onto bodies (or heads). So the player using an aimlock (presses a key to lock onto the nearest enemy body/head, this is why you see gifs of players often screwing up and locking onto someone they didn't know was right next to or behind them) gets valuable information; he knows the location of the enemy player (despite a wall or smoke), and then quickly moves his cursor off so it's not as obvious. Can also be used straight up like an aimbot during gunfights, but again, it's less blatant/obvious than a pure aimbot.

Yeah that's what I was talking about, just wasn't sure.

That's a real bummer that it's so prevalent. ):

I know TF2 recently had a big cheat finally detected by VAC and it kinda revealed a lot of shit, but TF2 isn't a big comp scene at all, which just makes it suck even more when it's a game like CS:GO.

I can't even imagine how upset I'd be if I learned a lot of pro Dota players actually cheated their way to victory.

Acinixys

Sounds fuckin bad. All these new games coming out requiring Windows 10 making me feel like I need to crack and just update it already but I'm not thrilled about MS taking steps towards making my PC a closed system.

Windows 10 is actually awesome

I upgraded from 7 and its way better

Off to desktop takes 10 secs tops, and I dont have an SSD

I haven't watched competitive CS in a while but man that's honestly like...

SO fucking hilarious that it's that obvious and the scene just shrugs it off as normal

cs:go is still a better game than dota.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
When it happens constantly and so precisely, that's when you know you're dealing with some sort of hack, and that's why tournaments in 1.6/source had demo analysts look for this kind of stuff to prevent hacks (now we have vac though a very good anti-cheat intended for public matchmaking and probably not equipped to effectively deal with more expensive and advanced cheats).

Using the same VAC for both public and comp is just crazy. It has to be written for the lowest possible denominator performance wise, meaning potato ass PCs running CS on lowest at 30 fps. Why does it have to be the same exact system that gets applied to LAN environments with excellent equipment?

I realize that skins are the bread and butter of the CSGO scene, but if Valve wants to really test the scene it's time to force a major to be truly offline. All fresh peripherals that the teams can choose but not provide, out of the box. Only spectators broadcasting, and just see what it looks like. Like bokr says, the frequency with which we see these fishy looking plays is just nuts. Of course some of them are legit, but some aren't, let's see how many there are in that kind of space.

That won't ever happen but I can dream.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I haven't watched competitive CS in a while but man that's honestly like...

SO fucking hilarious that it's that obvious and the scene just shrugs it off as normal

cs:go is still a better game than dota.

This is the worst part, so many people just turning a blind eye. We went from rigorous demo analysis in ghetto pre-ESPORTS CS to a "no VAC, no proof, no questioning" mindset. No discussion, even (thanks CS subreddit mods). Period. Such an infuriating viewpoint.

Hell there are interviews with several pro CS players where they throw up a sort of somber and dejected joke about known cheaters within the scene, and kind of accept it as the norm in a defeatist way. It's kind of the open secret that no one actually wants to discuss. Just proceed as normal and accept it for what it is apparently. That kind of mindset also leads to the proliferation of these kinds of cheats, this is kind of defeatist/acceptance attitude is what inevitably leads to having 1 hacker on every team as the norm.

Top Bottom