• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

shira

Six Bo3. Format is GSL where top 2 teams in each group of 4 make the Sunday playoffs

https://www.twitch.tv/esl_dota2

t1466152200z1.png

1 Liquid vs Vega
2 Alliance vs Fnatic

t1466163900z1.png

3 Navi vs OG
4 Coll vs VP

t1466175600z1.png

Winners 1 vs Winner 2

t1466187600z1.png

Winners 3 vs Winner 4

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I've never quite understood the Gen 6 hate. It isn't my favorite gen for sure, but I really don't get why people think it is bad. 3D battles were something I always wanted, and the models look fine. Granted the battle frame rate with 3D turned on is awful, it is fine with it off.

Plenty of other 3DS games are worth it on the system.

It's not the battles. It's Lumiose. Looks like they've completely done away with grid based movement in sun/moon. Great. Too bad you're still moving around in awful environments with a static camera.

Also there's 6 generations of bloat with almost no refinement. Common sense, quality of life improvements have been few and far between. Those games have become a black hole where good game design goes to die.

Sun/Moon looks like it's going to be the worst entry in the series. I'll probably pick it up cause I've played all the rest of these awful games as they've gone further and further to shit, but fucking come on Gamefreak...

Low Tier
drpizza flames tobiwan for being lecherous (which is true)

but hes the thirstiest motherfucker in this thread by a longshot

jugg-2mask.gif

Hylian7

It's not the battles. It's Lumiose. Looks like they've completely done away with grid based movement in sun/moon. Great. Too bad you're still moving around in awful environments with a static camera.

Also there's 6 generations of bloat with almost no refinement. Common sense, quality of life improvements have been few and far between. Those games have become a black hole where good game design goes to die.

Sun/Moon looks like it's going to be the worst entry in the series. I'll probably pick it up cause I've played all the rest of these awful games as they've gone further and further to shit, but fucking come on Gamefreak...
I can sort if understand the Lumiose complaints, although my main issue is navigating it.

I dunno about 6 generations of bloat, Gen 5 really trimmed a lot of the fat the series had built up over the years.

Trade/battle with friends anywhere, no need to be at Pokemon Center
IR connecting with friends, no more having to navigate connection menus.
Pokemon Center and Mart merged
TMs have infinite uses
HMs were a lot less necessary. You needed them to get past a certain puzzle or obstacle once or twice, and then you rarely ever need them again other than Fly and Surf
Only new Pokemon until you finish the Elite Four. It was always a mystery what you were about to walk into. There was no Zubat or Geodude, and gen 5's version of them was interesting because you hadn't seen it for the last 12 years.

Russ T

Banned
koala pokemon???

no way it's better than the owl pokemon but i'm willing to give it a chance

okay that's definitely a winner

DrPizza

Banned
drpizza flames tobiwan for being lecherous (which is true)

but hes the thirstiest motherfucker in this thread by a longshot

jugg-2mask.gif

This is utterly false. I have a healthy desire for Windrunner, but this is NOTHING compared to the waifu-lust show by this thread's contingency of animu freaks.

that is a cute koala ur right

also hi moblin u nvr accepted my friend request

??? I don't think I ever got one but lemme check when I get home I'm at work rn, this is my steam id

I even accepted that gross canadian, I can def accept a fellow midwesterner and lana stan

most of my dota contacts I just watch while I drink beer and watch old eurovisions on monitor 2.

also I'm part of a portuguese group apparently??? I hope it's nationalist I'm in the mood to fuck up whomever they hate

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
World domination strategies in Yugioh.

"Our older brother is at the top of the political world. I am at the top of the financial world. But the only way our plan comes together is if you because the top of the card game world! Our family future rests on this!"

I'm not even exaggerating, that is literally what several characters just said.

Also, immortal chest 2 when?

Duesy

Are there any supports I can "rush" Aether Lens on without being too much of a detriment to my team? Need it <20 mins for the quest.

Pretty much any of them; I did most of the spellbinder quests with timbersaw but if you want to do support CM or sand king would be pretty easy ones. SK you can pretty much just jungle and get it by 20 mins and you are still effective with the added range on burrow strike vs not getting a blink first.

Plus, in case this isn't obvious, you should build up mana boots first then disassemble them when you have enough for the ring of health and recipe.

Monster Hunter Generations demo is so damn good.

Demo is great but they nerfed my charge blade!

Are there any supports I can "rush" Aether Lens on without being too much of a detriment to my team? Need it <20 mins for the quest.

Try Lion. Hero doesn't really need much besides wards and tranquils early on. Getting the gold might be hard if you don't rotate for kills.

The extra range on hex and stun is more than worth it. And the extra damage does not hurt either.

Top Bottom