• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

sephi22

Google Doc for ticket sellers and buyers here: (quote to view)

Separate sheets for buyers and sellers.
I don't usually share Google Docs, so understandable if I made some rookie mistake in making this one. If I did this right, anyone can edit so go wild.

Exitar

Neo Member
This site is literally triggering me, got a midday no problem. Finals never appeard, and when it did it was sold out already. and i accidently bought an extra mid day. i wonder if ic an refund it.

shira

i can spot all the
-bodies of water
-srains
-cars
-buildsings
-storefronts
-trees
-grassesss

I got pie, bananas, oranges, rivers, streetsigns

This site is literally triggering me, got a midday no problem. Finals never appeard, and when it did it was sold out already. and i accidently bought an extra mid day. i wonder if ic an refund it.

48hr period for refund minus the $6 service fee

sephi22

Also can tickets be transferred to another account via ticketmaster? Almost tempted to get refunds for these spares but I know I'll make some gaffers disappointed. But the temptation of getting my money back quick and easy is tempting.

If I can just transfer these through ticketmaster, I'd do that in a heartbeat. I remember TI4 tickets not being transferrable.

Also can tickets be transferred to another account via ticketmaster? Almost tempted to get refunds for these spares but I know I'll make some gaffers disappointed. But the temptation of getting my money back quick and easy is tempting.

If I can just transfer these through ticketmaster, I'd do that in a heartbeat. I remember TI4 tickets not being transferrable.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/4dsmq2/psa_ti6_tickets_are_not_transferabletradeable_via/

Sounds good, how'd you like to do this trade!

im not sure what the best way to do it is. if anyone else wants to chime in

shira

It says in Ticketmaster they are not transferable.

Chris R had a really good idea, buy an amazon gift card for someone

Paypal, bank transfer, money order are all safe

Bitcoin if you are a nerd.

sephi22

There's no safe way to do it imo. The tickets get shipped in August which might be cutting it to close to some.
Waiting for tickets to arrive at the original seller, then transferring to the new buyer is risky, so the best way is for the current owner to change their address in ticketmaster to the new buyer's address, so that Ticketmaster ships them directly to the new person.

How and when you swap money is between you.

There's no safe way to do it imo. The tickets get shipped in August which might be cutting it to close to some.
Waiting for tickets to arrive at the original seller, then transferring to the new buyer is risky, so the best way is for the current owner to change their address in ticketmaster to the new buyer's address, so that Ticketmaster ships them directly to the new person.

Changing billing address with ticketmaster just now was a huge headache for me because apple pay used my wrong address

people got dibs on finals tickets for now

i still got 2 midweek tickets but if i can refund 2/3 of my midweek tickets ill probably do that

shira

Yeah tickets mailed August 3rd looks like a nitemare.

People in my TIfaq have been saying they leave it at a person's hotel or meet in Seattle.

Chris R

Changing addresses is overkill. Just send the various Emails Valve will send out (for badge personalization and/or steam account binding) forward to the other buyers and then send the badges when they arrive.

sephi22

Hmm.. I put my current address in TM but I'm not even sure if I'll be in this lame city when the tickets get shipped out. There are people I know who live at this address so worst case I can ask them to ship it to City Hostel where I'll be staying during TI.

I hope I can change the delivery address closer to the date. Maybe I'll need to get on the phone with Ticketmaster

Hylian7

This is pretty much what you have to do.

Honestly if I end up being unable to go and have to sell my tickets, I'd only want to sell them to someone here on GAF most likely. I'd rather not have to take it to Reddit or something.

H13

Man, i really hope to join u guys at TI7
All these talks are really making me feel excited for next year

shira

Man, i really hope to join u guys at TI7
All these talks are really making me feel excited for next year

TI7 HYPETRAIN
bts_rosh.gif

does anyone know if you can refund 2 out of 3 tickets?

Yes, call Ticketmaster's wonderful customer service

TUSR

Banned
ill make a google docs of people attending later (unless someone else wants to)

keep it separate from the sales one.

sephi22

i used the wrong apple pay billing address on the weekend tickets
now i gotta call them for refunding 2/3 tickets for weekday tickets

this is attending TI6: hardmode
This is hardmode. Didn't even know I was going for TI4 because two friends decided to go without telling or asking me. It was the impulse trip to end all impulse trips and how that tourney ended up was the shit cherry on top of the shit cake.

The fun parts were hanging out with bounch and other Red Moon studio guys and workshop artists. Standing in the secret shop line for 5 hours each day wasn't fun, and I'm not even sure buying $60 card worth of TI4 exclusive sets to sell them in the community market for $250 was worth it.

I've been more proactive this time. Booked city hostel way in advance, so key arena's walking distance. I'm working out and shedding pounds so that I can hang out with gaffers and not be socially anxious or feel guilty about drinking alcohol or eating pizza or whatever. Couldn't hang out last year coz my two friends who were sharing the hotel room were straight edge and vegetarians and we had to go back to the hotel after each day (and I had a midterm after TI). Hell, I might just smoke the Seattle legal kush all day and chill out on the lawn.
1x

Hylian7

Google Doc for ticket sellers and buyers here: (quote to view)

Separate sheets for buyers and sellers.
I don't usually share Google Docs, so understandable if I made some rookie mistake in making this one. If I did this right, anyone can edit so go wild.

I added myself with the caveat of I might be able to go, so don't count on mine.

sephi22

Since you're in Cali, and I might be in Cali in a few months too, you can have my 2 harSon, assuming my friends all bail (70% chance they're all going to).
If I decide to skip too, you can have my 4. But like Hylian, I can't promise anything so be on the lookout for others who definitely know they'er not going and are selling at cost.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Sadly I'm going to have to wait until my financial situation is clearer before I book hotel and flight.

My sister suggested the app Hopper for flights. Basically you pick a destination and dates and it will tell you current prices, and whether they are likely to go up or down.

Right now Austin to Seattle round trip was $350, but it said to wait on them.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hopper.mountainview.play&hl=en
Google and Bing can just tell you or give you another reference point

You said hotel, but I've stayed in great hostels farther away and just taken a bus into TI if you weren't considering it.

hrdkWBH.png

Hylian7

Google and Bing can just tell you or give you another reference point

You said hotel, but I've stayed in great hostels farther away and just taken a bus into TI if you weren't considering it.

hrdkWBH.png

I'm actually considering hostels. Main reason I got a hotel last time was because my girlfriend came to Seattle after TI was over and we stayed a few extra days. She isn't doing that this year.

Low Tier
id probably go

but only if someone wants to figure out rooming for me im too LazY to figure out hotels and shit

woOOooOooo

Seems like everyone that wanted to go will get to, which is good.

For those worried about the mailing turnaround, for the last two years I've had issues with the tickets being delivered. The people at the arena can do an order look up and set you up with a new pass without much issue.

Top Bottom