• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
These upcoming Division changes

Game has been a blast and will be even more fun next week with more frequent loot drops and more end-game content. I highly recommend to any fans of Borderlands or even ARPGs, if you can snag it for sub $40. I thought I wouldn't like this game much, but I'm having an absolute blast, and it's extremely refreshing for any fan of loot grind games since it's a shooter (and not one of the more typical hack n slash medieval games). Gameplay is very similar to ME3. Devs seem to be updating it every couple weeks too, and tuning based on player feedback

JambiBum

Game has been a blast and will be even more fun next week with more frequent loot drops and more end-game content. I highly recommend to any fans of Borderlands or even ARPGs, if you can snag it for sub $40. I thought I wouldn't like this game much, but I'm having an absolute blast, and it's extremely refreshing for any fan of loot grind games since it's a shooter (and not one of the more typical hack n slash medieval games). Gameplay is very similar to ME3. Devs seem to be updating it every couple weeks too, and tuning based on player feedback
Tuesday night we farm. Let's go

Deadly

Do they intend to change the Dark Zone? The way it goes and how when you kill someone everyone just swarms on you kinda makes the PvP aspect less fun. You're basically encouraged not to PvP.

shira

I think the Green Tortoise Hostel is starting to sell out male dorms.

If you are male and haven't booked your cheap lodging, you should do it soon
ZDsxCCG.gif
song_siren.gif

w402rg3.png

Chris R

Yea, lodging situation is probably pretty fucked. One of the biggest downsides of Valve waiting so long to put a date out this year.

Eh, hotel prices are pretty much the same as they were last year. Haven't checked AirBnB yet for sure since

a) I don't have tickets
b) I'm not sure I'd get to go even if I had tickets

:(

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Did you miss the crafting changes?

I mean the crafting changes ain't so bad when high ends are guaranteed dropping from EVERY named mob (dark zone and challenge), so we're going to be getting a lot more straight high end deconstructions (rather than having to primarily convert up). Regardless, I prefer trying to find my loot than just mass producing 30 guns to get a BiS.

Do they intend to change the Dark Zone? The way it goes and how when you kill someone everyone just swarms on you kinda makes the PvP aspect less fun. You're basically encouraged not to PvP.

That's the fun of it though. You can go rogue and gank some peeps, but then you gotta run and find some shelter. Some of the most fun I've had is trying to run as a rogue and finding some place to hold out and fight it out. They reduced the penalties for going rogue, so even if you die, it's still pretty fun and you still get to kill a few peeps. Plus half the fun is in killing rogues :).

Tuesday night we farm. Let's go

hells yeh bro we goin hard

bbd23

practicing earth spirit in bot games is really fun

that double click for remnant change makes things manageable

harSon

Banned

I'll buy it and play Dota 2 like I do with every other game.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO

http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/tom-clancy-s-the-division-pc-eng-cd-key-uplay seems to be the cheapest for the game.

Red UFO

Saw a bunch of people posting a lot about Dota, to the point that it was almost suspect.

Turns out I wasn't in the Dota thread, I was in the madden thread.

Picked up both Midweek and Finals Tickets on the App. I highly recommend using it while checking on your computer. I plan on doing what I did last year, somehow sit near all the GAFFERs, yet not revealing myself.
hush.gif

sephi22

Slept salty but called up the bank and got my card cleaned.
I ain't giving up yet, fam. 10 PDT I'ma go try again.

I feel like more people would be trying at this time, and I'll probably get bodied again. Bodied first by my bank, then by scalpers. This is how my depression will come back.
cBj1LTf.png

DrPizza

Banned

I was worried about how it'd be for end-game, since the real-world setting seems sort of limiting, compared to Borderlands. Still worth it?

Man I love aghs on skywrath. They game has to go really late for the damage to no longer be overkill, but when you can finally justify its purchase.. It feels so good to turn 2500 worth of mana into one bright focal point of skin-melting dps.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I was worried about how it'd be for end-game, since the real-world setting seems sort of limiting, compared to Borderlands. Still worth it?

I had similar concerns, but all I can say is I've played for about ~50 hours and I'm having a blast. The new patch next week adds even more content and "fixes" the loot system; so I see myself playing for quite a long time going forward. I really enjoyed the leveling and the setting is pretty fun (fleshes out the story and world of the Division pretty well). The story is intriguing enough and the (enemy) characters are fun; the ending teases some potentially cool stuff going forward.

Chris R

Thing is, game is hella small with plenty of places in Manhattan to expand to yet. I wouldn't be worried about the end game for quite some time.

Quesa

I was trying to remember the name of a manga my friend lent me in middle school

just remembered it was Arm of Kannon

it was edgelordy as heck

fr0st

Banned
DZ gonna be a fuckfest with supply drops coming and everyone having high ends loots dropped.

At least gear score kinda fixes geared people melting everyone. Glitches and exploits still need to be fixed since it wasn't in the patch notes.

Other than that I'm excited about the trading and loot sets. Hopefully the electronics one is actually good.

Top Bottom