• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

Vade

This is what happens when the kids don't vote.

Vote.

They should of facebanked more

HS3Fp7p.jpg

CgsR0zO.png

Madouu

@Wok: The fountain gives true sight in a 1200 radius, basically means the area right in front of it is not a place you want to be standing in.

There's a slark in all of my games too but I don't mind it at all, I got something like a 55% (65% this patch) winrate against him so w/e. Lifestealer is the annoying one.

famous last words

Yeah I see a slark pretty much every game as well but most of the time, it's manageable. I'm having trouble with axe + healer creep cutting combo. It's hell playing as support against axe + healer.

Artanisix

Yeah I see a slark pretty much every game as well but most of the time, it's manageable. I'm having trouble with axe + healer creep cutting combo. It's hell playing as support against axe + healer.

high ms, high harass is what you want in these situations.

dazzle, kotl, skywrath, bane, shadow demon off the top of my head are all really good to shut down creep cuts

etta

my hard graphic balls
Ok I got the battle pass. I'm doing the Windrunner quest line now and I found a guide for it. Also trying to do some of the achievements. Is there anything else I should be doing, any other way to level up? Should I be careful with the wages or is it not that important?

Ok I got the battle pass. I'm doing the Windrunner quest line now and I found a guide for it. Also trying to do some of the achievements. Is there anything else I should be doing, any other way to level up? Should I be careful with the wages or is it not that important?

Well, you just talking in general what's best to level up?

Completely ignore daily quests, playing heroes you aren't fond of or good at it for a paltry 100 points isn't worth it. Wagering though, that can net you a lot of points. The obvious way to go about that is only wagering when you think your lineup is superior or you feel confident for other reasons.

As for the 3 paths and their quests, in games you're winning it can't hurt asking the enemies to help out with your specific quest. Every now and then you'll find some friendly fellows.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Well, you just talking in general what's best to level up?

Completely ignore daily quests, playing heroes you aren't fond of or good at it for a paltry 100 points isn't worth it. Wagering though, that can net you a lot of points. The obvious way to go about that is only wagering when you think your lineup is superior or you feel confident for other reasons.

As for the 3 paths and their quests, in games you're winning it can't hurt asking the enemies to help out with your specific quest. Every now and then you'll find some friendly fellows.
Thanks, so far I got the first 3 dots with no issues. Hopefully it can continue that way, that windranger set is epic.

high ms, high harass is what you want in these situations.

dazzle, kotl, skywrath, bane, shadow demon off the top of my head are all really good to shut down creep cuts

I've tried dazzle the last couple of times. I can sorta slow down his shananigans in lane but then later on, shallow grave is useless. With an omni in tow, and a 3rd hero to harass, it was difficult...I had an AM and riki as help it just didn't work out. In hindsight, I should've had necro come down to safelane and have am go off vs slark. But anyways...

match in question

etta

my hard graphic balls
Also, is there a fast way to transfer items from one account to the other? I'm using a new Steam account, and wanna get all my Dota stuff.

Wok

@Wok: The fountain gives true sight in a 1200 radius, basically means the area right in front of it is not a place you want to be standing in.

I could have sworn there was a buffer zone of no true sight between the ancient and fountain...

Thanks. Either the radius got larger in a recent patch, or I have been wrong when camping fountains as Riki for many many games.

Vade

Yep. They voted the right way, but their turnout was poor.

I still feel sick about this whole thing.

"A Prime Minister resigned. The £ plummeted. The FTSE 100 lost significant ground. But then the £ rallied past February levels, and the FTSE closed on a weekly high: 2.4% up on last Friday, its best performance in 4 months. President Obama decided we wouldn't be at the 'back of the queue' after all and that our 'special relationship' was still strong. The French President confirmed the Le Touquet agreement would stay in place. The President of the European Commission stated Brexit negations would be 'orderly' and stressed the UK would continue to be a 'close partner' of the EU. A big bank denied reports it would shift 2,000 staff overseas. The CBI, vehemently anti-Brexit during the referendum campaign, stated British business was resilient and would adapt. Several countries outside the EU stated they wished to begin bi-lateral trade talks with the UK immediately. If this was the predicted apocalypse, well, it was a very British one. It was all over by teatime. Not a bad first day of freedom."

How positively British

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I want to be clear—"the meta" being stale is not a good enough reason for us to take action.
I want to be clear—"the meta" being stale is not a good enough reason for us to take action.

1x
1x

etta

my hard graphic balls
Verify both with smartphone two factor authentication from the same phone#?
Can you do that with the browser? Have one account on the broweser and the other on the Steam client? Or do I need another PC/Steam client? I wonder if the iOS app works for trading hmmmm.

Shira with the almost guaranteed 2000 points (I don't see any of those teams not getting at least top 3 in their qualifiers)

I kinda wish Valve had stuck with the older way they did these kinds of predictions. Predict top 3. If you get them in the exact correct order you get a bonus.

shira

any predictions on how much the potm immortal gonna cost?

Going on what Kirby's last results where. You prolly need to open at least ~20 chests, level 590, about $250 if you buy straight levels minus whatever points you get

30-40 chests to be sure

Can you do that with the browser? Have one account on the broweser and the other on the Steam client? Or do I need another PC/Steam client? I wonder if the iOS app works for trading hmmmm.

You need an ios/android cellphone with a legit cellphone number to set it up. After that all you need is the phone - you can emulate an android phone on PC.

If you have no phone its 2 weeks to trade. idk 100% though

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

1x
1x

??????

I'm out of the loop, what are we mocking?

"A Prime Minister resigned. The £ plummeted. The FTSE 100 lost significant ground. But then the £ rallied past February levels, and the FTSE closed on a weekly high: 2.4% up on last Friday, its best performance in 4 months. President Obama decided we wouldn't be at the 'back of the queue' after all and that our 'special relationship' was still strong. The French President confirmed the Le Touquet agreement would stay in place. The President of the European Commission stated Brexit negations would be 'orderly' and stressed the UK would continue to be a 'close partner' of the EU. A big bank denied reports it would shift 2,000 staff overseas. The CBI, vehemently anti-Brexit during the referendum campaign, stated British business was resilient and would adapt. Several countries outside the EU stated they wished to begin bi-lateral trade talks with the UK immediately. If this was the predicted apocalypse, well, it was a very British one. It was all over by teatime. Not a bad first day of freedom."

How positively British
what is this even from

Thats some Riot teir bullshitting

He says that the meta is fine, but then lists 3 huge changes that will 100% affect how the game is played

I don't think that's quite accurate. I feel like he's saying "We don't want to make changes just because the meta is stale. However, we will make changes if we feel it hits the 3 criteria we listed." That feels like a perfectly fine approach to me.

Top Bottom