• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

Hylian7

Since Viper knocked out Meepo, I have him in a somewhat high spot for Arcana vote mainly because I know it will force Valve to give him a new model. It worked with Zeus.

Russ T

Banned
jakiro is def above slardar but slardar my dude and jakiro boring af

viper my classic dude, don't play him much anymore, but he was my first Carry, so i got a soft spot

Here's an idea: Valve could just remodel the heroes that obviously need it

or we could get a remodel AND an arcana for good heroes!!!!!!!!! slardar MY DUDE

manfestival

is it me or is it always some dota 2 fan that always starts the LOL vs Dota 2 pissing contests online? well maybe at least 60% of the time

Russ T

Banned
not in my experience, but i tend to avoid that stuff on gaf, so

i did see that thread title tho and was like what are you doing

"why hasn't dota 2 won yet"

who curr

shira

RIP UK money

https://twitter.com/StegerGames/status/746186289863606272 said:
If you're in the US, British Pounds are almost 15% off in the Steam Summer Sale! What a deal!
Clr8cCUUYAAUD4j.jpg

edit: oh shit it's happening . . . . : (((((((((((
ClsAuzgVYAEA6ki.jpg

man I haven't played PAnus in ages but she is so easy to carry with when u have a good lane

deso first, they never respect the DAMAGE

tusr was right
again...

Here's an idea: Valve could just remodel the heroes that obviously need it

why are you complaining? valve gives you so much for FREE. appreciate how much amazing content is already in this game. the entitled whining is so obnoxious.

is it me or is it always some dota 2 fan that always starts the LOL vs Dota 2 pissing contests online? well maybe at least 60% of the time

BaOxhEN.png

Vade

'Brexit' to be followed by Grexit. Departugal. Italeave. Czechout. Oustria. Finish. Slovakout. Latervia. Byegium.

#fish&chips for Brits

Hylian7

UKGAF, I'm so sorry.

not in my experience, but i tend to avoid that stuff on gaf, so

i did see that thread title tho and was like what are you doing

"why hasn't dota 2 won yet"

who curr

Was Scoul a Dota, LoL, or both guy? I never knew for sure.

Threads like that are always a doozy though. I often see silly uninformed arguments from the LoL side, such as "The secret shop is a carryover from the technical limitations of WC3", except it isn't and was always a design decision.

I'm sure there were also uninformed arguments from the Dota side too, including myself in some places probably. I honestly had no idea the Rift Scuttler was a thing until that thread. I don't think I have played any LoL since 2010. I've been watching Matthewmatosis lately and it kind of makes me want to stream playing some LoL matches and critiqueing it from a Dota player perspective. Granted I still won't be an expert on it, but it will still be some experience-based comparisons.

Given some of the feelings you've expressed re: league you might be surprised at the depth. Riot obviously positioned it to be different from DotA in a number of ways but there's still a lot to chew on and it's far from the "babby game" condescension the game often gets from DotA apologists.

They're clearly branches from the same tree but honestly the business model (locked heroes) alone might be enough to repulse you.

Russ T

Banned
so racist scaremongering won in the uk

time for the usa right?

stop making so many assumptions and just take things at base level!

NO YOU!!!!!!

to be fair by the time i wrote that third post i'd already dug myself so deep i couldn't get out, so i figured go for broke!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
There are a few UK citizens currently working in our branch here in Texas (I think they are in Sales). They all voted to leave via away ballets.

manfestival

UKGAF, I'm so sorry.

Was Scoul a Dota, LoL, or both guy? I never knew for sure.

Threads like that are always a doozy though. I often see silly uninformed arguments from the LoL side, such as "The secret shop is a carryover from the technical limitations of WC3", except it isn't and was always a design decision.

I'm sure there were also uninformed arguments from the Dota side too, including myself in some places probably. I honestly had no idea the Rift Scuttler was a thing until that thread. I don't think I have played any LoL since 2010. I've been watching Matthewmatosis lately and it kind of makes me want to stream playing some LoL matches and critiqueing it from a Dota player perspective. Granted I still won't be an expert on it, but it will still be some experience-based comparisons.

I get that you may have a legit complaint about some of the weaker arguments but its always a pissing contest and nothing more. One game is not objectively better since its merely a matter of opinion. Those arguments are almost dumb enough to give me aids
NO YOU!!!!!!

to be fair by the time i wrote that third post i'd already dug myself so deep i couldn't get out, so i figured go for broke!
I just played against an oracle and he reminded me of you. Baseless... BOOOOOM

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Sorry but Dota 2 is objectively the best MOBA of all time.
ZDsxCCG.gif

I would say it's an even split. Usually it's some self-loathing person who hates the game they play, but slightly less than they hate the opposite camps game, so that game has to suck. I know since the most recent changes in LoL a lot of people have been jumping over to DotA 2 for some odd reason. Having played LoL in the past month I don't see the major complaint.

Awful, awful decision. Cannot believe what I saw when I picked up my smartphone upon awakening. How does the majority of the population fall for lies and xenophobia?

VoxPop

I've been playing this game for years since Dota 1 and I still suck. Is there anything out there that will help me drastically improve?

Madouu

I've been playing this game for years since Dota 1 and I still suck. Is there anything out there that will help me drastically improve?

I will be your personal coach for free. I have coached such legends as TUSR , inkls & yarden24 to a 500% increase in MMR in the matter of a few weeks. Satisfaction guaranteed.

Top Bottom