• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

XAL

is there a worse casting duo than llama and ryu?

Bad Casters/Analysts:
Llama: Often has a complete lack of awareness (misses deaths, item purchases, buy backs, etc) doesn't pay attention to her co-casters comments, so busy hype casting she gets lost in it - often hype casts things not worth getting worked up about, not a firm grasp of understanding the game. Can actually cast some pretty ok games if she's paired with an experienced analyst that is assertive and leads the discussion, if she's paired with a passive co-caster it's guaranteed to suck. That being said she's not nearly as bad as she was when she started, so there is hope for improvement.

Ryu: Brain is lethargic, casting is lethargic, bad jokes, bad all around, boring as fuck. Terrible solo caster, terrible co-caster.

Zyori: Has been in the scene long enough you'd think he would have improved his game knowledge, but he still lacks a grasp of the entire game. Literally just found out yesterday about the helm of the dominator cheese blocking strat and made some puzzling comments...how?

Capitalist: Overconfident in his understanding of the game and makes negative predictions about a team or their performance often and too early. Saying the game is over, saying that a team has no teamfight or catch - is often proven wrong immediately by a turn of events or something as simple as the obs pulling up a stats graph. Just generally really bad at making bad predictions about the game - doing something his analyst co-caster should be doing. This overestimation of self worth is also evident when he streams, typically blames other players for not playing off of him as if he is always the focal point for success. Is perfectly fine at doing play by play.

Merlini: Has some pretty decent game knowledge but also makes lots of bad predictions like Capitalist. Is way more negative to the point where you could call it being just plain unprofessional and disrespectful. He infamously got dumpstered by good manners when he co-casted with Kuroky. Continues to not learn his lesson from that embarrassment and is still calling games so early. Effectively he's the guy that calls gg 8 mins into a match. Watching his stream/veggies play, he's not as good as he thinks he is and tilts hard and is exasperated with his teammates when things go wrong and is a total bummer to watch/play with.

Sheever: Has been in the scene long enough, still does not have a good grasp of the game and says lots of puzzling things. Similar level as Zyori but not as bad. Better as a host and she does that primarily so I'm not really going to count her 100% in this list. Is fine in casual casting, especially with ODPixel because they little peanuts.

Slacks is only at these things for memes and memey interviews, I don't even consider him a caster or analyst even when he's brought on to do those things. He's just there for entertainment.

I think if you get any combination of those it's going to be pretty bad. The only combo worse than Llama/Ryu might be Zyori/Ryu. Slacks/Charlie would be fucking awful as well.

XAL

New Dark Seer scepter upgrade idea: You can now move wall of replica.

Ags: Cliche Wall

Replicate wall forms in a square around the enemy team and slowly shrinks inward.

the-walls-are-closing-in-o.gif

Acinixys

Pretty sure it always did, didn't it? It just now does it through BKB since Blademail reflects same damage type now.

Im sure it use to be like WD Death Ward in that you dont take BM damage since its not you attacking

I remember this happening but I cant remember why it happened

He was shitposting in a political thread

Calling all refugees in the EU terrorists or something equally dumb

KingKong

I can't believe this is just game 2 of the first place tiebreakers, and we have more tiebreakers and then NA games tonight, then Chinese games at night, and then playoffs tomorrow. Dota all day and night

Anno

I think Synd takes this position 6 thing a little too seriously. He plays noticeably better than when ND first formed, but the man needs some gold at some point.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So qojova played great, but Era is not good at WK, and Synd should have secured more farm for him self. Escape could have won that.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
true

he does this shit in so many games, just refuses to get any farm for himself

I do want to see his team qualify for TI tho, especially now that they're so close to qualify
Its hard to say if it is just his fault or the fault of the entire team, but giving Synd no resources was a game losing decision IMO.

I don't think Synderen's networth had anything to do with losing this game. They just took a lot of bad engagements and many of them were frankly unlucky, others indefensible (4 man chrono).

He also bailed out a lot of teammates with his swap so it's no surprise that he was especially starved.

There's game where I'm really not fond of supports getting hardly anything but in that game it wasn't an issue.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I don't think Synderen's networth had anything to do with losing this game. They just took a lot of bad engagements and many of them were frankly unlucky, others indefensible (4 man chrono).

He also bailed out a lot of teammates with his swap so it's no surprise that he was especially starved.

There's game where I'm really not fond of supports getting hardly anything but in that game it wasn't an issue.
I'm just believe he should have been able to get farm when they weren't fighting, and having something like a force staff would have helpped a ton. There was a lot of down time. He did fine in the team fights.

Hmm, a highly farmed morph seems really strong against that team.

Though there's still enough disable if they get axe call into static field off and TA should provide enough damage. Still, if they do not get that off he'll be extremely dangerous.

e:
Man, why am I even rooting for the underdogs. Fricking Secret always gets behind and then runs all over 'em -_-

Top Bottom