• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

shira

How can you not know Shoyo
facepalm.gif

Qvoth

fuckin crazy ass game
but at the end i think the 2 supports of secret are just better than empire's, they were higher on networth as well etc, and at the end it made the difference

bbd23

Team Digital Chaos ‏@DIGITALCHAOSgg 18m18 minutes ago
We get a defwin versus Void Boys due to a no-show. We wait for our next match versus FDL later.

cBj1LTf.png

Madouu

It's just core razor things, you get kited to oblivion if the game goes late enough.

I think the execution on Secret was far superior to Empire during most parts of the game, and it made up for what seemed like a weaker draft, it's a very deserved win.

shira

I don't quite understand the rules for the regional qualifier. Why is there a tiebreaker for first place?

1st place is a birth in TI.

2nd-5th is a double elimination tournament for the last 2 spots (TI birth & wildcard)

Cyborgmatt said:
Tiebreakers are coming up shortly starting
F5 vs. Escape
Secret vs. Game #1 Winner
Secret vs. Game 2# Loser! #RoadToTI6

89587de88b.png

CIS got fucking rekt

Ah ok, that makes sense. It doesn't say that on the Liquidpedia page. Also I think you mean berth
rekt

Quesa

I don't quite understand the rules for the regional qualifier. Why is there a tiebreaker for first place?

After the round robin, here are the current scores:
89587de88b.png

(via Liquidpedia)

1st place gets a direct invite to TI, while 2-5 have to fight for the second invite (and wild card) spot. Since Secret, F5 and Escape are tied, they need to play games until we can determine a winner. If the first round of tiebreakers are even, then I believe that's when game times and such come into play.

Quesa

Also judging by how all three teams fared against each other, it Escape has a good chance of taking 1st since they beat both TS and F5.

shira

Also judging by how all three teams fared against each other, it Escape has a good chance of taking 1st since they beat both TS and F5.

All things out the window it's pocket/push strat time.

You can't judge a bo1 rr the same as a potential bo1 berth to TI

Top Bottom