• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

bbd23

The ultra rare is going to be an Immortal Arcana.

mozz_shopkeep.gif
mozz_shopkeep.gif

I hope Valve really reconsidered the massive particle effects these immortals are getting. I mean they look fantastic but the clutter is getting ridiculous. That powershot effect is massive in comparison to the normal one.

If I were new to this game I'd have a hard time associating the visual effects to the corresponding ability with how much variety there is, and it's just going to get worse. A "display default effects/equipment" should be an option at least.

TUSR

Banned
I hope Valve really reconsidered the massive particle effects these immortals are getting. I mean they look fantastic but the clutter is getting ridiculous. That powershot effect is massive in comparison to the normal one.

If I were new to this game I'd have a hard time associating the visual effects to the corresponding ability with how much variety there is, and it's just going to get worse. A "display default effects/equipment" should be an option at least.

i kept mistaking compendium phase boots effect for rupture when i played against a bloodseeker today

M.D

purge: i think troll has the same problem as PA where he has decent dmg and lifesteal but he gets controlled and nuked down ......... but his high armor solves it now

??

Not even NA predictions are safe? Oh c'mon now.

e:
Wow these F5 guys...
Morph no buyback even? What? Sure did a lot of good do take double raxes while everyone in your team dies and buys back huh.

Anno

Secret probably benefits a lot from playing so many games in the qualifiers. Good game from them. Letting Artour carry most the time seems to have worked.

Also gg COL
disapprove.gif

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
yeah that was some dumb shit. why not just pick something smart and secure the TI spot

To be fair, I suppose Troll helps secure phoenix ult via whirling axes miss chance.

Someone pointed out in chat that it also prevents a troll counter pick, but I don't think COL would have picked it already having a core LD.

EG did get outplayed across the board though, like the EG tri-lane feeding fear solo to the batrider, and Sumail dying 2 or 3 times mid to Earth Spirit ganks.

KingKong

So the NA top 3 are quality playoff teams while the EU ones are a team with 3 north americans, open qualifier and a team that hasnt accomplished anything and people say NA is weak...

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So does that seal 1st place for COL?

Did they already win? If they win this, I think it does, unless Valve will flat out not let Head to Head decide the winner of a bracket. Even if Complexity Wins this, there will be 2 team that are 5-1.

W1SSY

So the NA top 3 are quality playoff teams while the EU ones are a team with 3 north americans, open qualifier and a team that hasnt accomplished anything and people say NA is weak...

If you say Secret are 3 NA players you also need to stipulate that DC is only one NA player and Col has only 2. They are also majority EU.

If Col has to play winner of EG v DC it is unfair to them because they won against both already in the round robin. I don't know if they will beat them again tbh.

Anno

No, they'll have to face the winner of EG vs DC since there'll be a tie either way.

Hmmm, I swore that LiquidDota said that two-team ties were decided on head-to-head, which COL would win both. Can't find that now so maybe it was a mistake.

Baha

Hmmm, I swore that LiquidDota said that two-team ties were decided on head-to-head, which COL would win both. Can't find that now so maybe it was a mistake.

That might be true but in the EU RQ, Secret lost to both F5 and Escape but still played in the 3 way tie.

Anno

hat might be true but in the EU RQ, Secret lost to both F5 and Escape but still played in the 3 way tie.

Yeah, same with SEA. And that makes some sense with three teams. Seems kind of silly not to use h2h with two teams, though. Oh well, more Dota for me.

bounchfx

i tried filling in my predictions the other day
I didnt recognize 90% of the teams. what the fuck happened im so out of the loop

whos the best team(s) now? is it still ee sama?

Top Bottom