• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I REALLY LIKE THIS SECRET TEAM!!!

laugh.gif
highfive.gif
wink.gif
surprise.gif
smile.gif
bts_lina.gif
troll.gif
disappear.gif
anuxi_rum.gif

cBj1LTf.png

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Secret .. Yikes.

What a terrible start to the new team.

Literal best start!!! I missed Clown 9 so much!!!! Secret, EG and Clown 9 have become a Voltron of suck! What a great time to be alive!!!!$!%!#%!#^%

LiQuid!

Ooooh! Reddit has a theory that Universe was sent on a Top Secret mission by PPD to sabotage Secret! I'm gonna go with that til proven otherwise!

I'm hoping he hasn't shown his hand too early however... This could backfire!

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
sens fortress is my least favourite area in any souls game. it's not even particularly thematically interesting, it just feels like 'a videogame level'.

Whats with all the naga picks today?!
gotta love merlini cast. nobody noticed that ench with enchant on the creep that viper was tping on except for him.

LiQuid!

sens fortress is my least favourite area in any souls game. it's not even particularly thematically interesting, it just feels like 'a videogame level'.

The fuck is this shit? Sens is the best... Sens alone is better than like 90% of the areas in Dark Souls 2.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
The fuck is this shit? Sens is the best... Sens alone is better than like 90% of the areas in Dark Souls 2.

what makes sens fortress interesting compared to any one of the literally hundreds of videogames that have had rolling boulder traps and swinging blades on narrow ledges?

i feel like i've given this game a fair shot, i even didn't mind blighttown much, but this is the most basic bitch area in terms of design, and it's not fun to play through.

kionedrik

what makes sens fortress interesting compared to any one of the literally hundreds of videogames that have had rolling boulder traps and swinging blades on narrow ledges?

i feel like i've given this game a fair shot, i even didn't mind blighttown much, but this is the most basic bitch area in terms of design, and it's not fun to play through.

Sens only downside is the boss.

If it bothers you so much I can't imagine what you'll feel if you ever reach Lost Izalith or the Tomb of Giants.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Sens only downside is the boss.

If it bothers you so much I can't imagine what you'll feel if you ever reach Lost Izalith or the Tomb of Giants.
I dunno if I can be bothered to carry on

In Bloodborne I stopped because I found particular bosses difficult, but the world was compelling enough and the mechanics exciting enough that I wanted to persevere, and I ended up loving it

In Dark Souls the world is boring (so far) and the mechanics are about 80% jank. I don't really have much of an interest in continuing

kionedrik

In Bloodborne I stopped because I found particular bosses difficult, but the world was compelling enough and the mechanics exciting enough that I wanted to persevere, and I ended up loving it

In Dark Souls the world is boring (so far) and the mechanics are about 80% jank. I don't really have much of an interest in continuing

I can't comment of BB since I don't own a PS4 but I really liked the 'lived in' feel that DS1 areas had. Granted the starting areas aren't that out of the ordinary because they also represent where the poorer parts of society lived, after Sens you visit the areas reserved for the higher ups in the hierarchy which tend to be a bit more spectacular. Maybe you don't like the visuals as much because BB is newer and prettier and playing an older game after that will make it's visuals seem a lot more dated. Mechanically, from what I've read, they also seem to be a lot different since BB is faster than DS with a lot more emphasis on attack rather than defense.

Which part of Sens is giving you the biggest difficulty? Have you reached the bonfire at the top? It would be a shame if you didn't experience the most spectacular parts of that game because you gave up at Sens...

LiQuid!

All that shit that's blasé in other games takes on a whole new level of treachery when you've got fucking snake men shooting lightning at you. It's also got more cool hidden shit than most other locations in that game. It's kind of the only proper "dungeon" in a game that's mostly ruins and assorted other locations,

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
All that shit that's blasé in other games takes on a whole new level of treachery when you've got fucking snake men shooting lightning at you. It's also got more cool hidden shit than most other locations in that game. It's kind of the only proper "dungeon" in a game that's mostly ruins and assorted other locations,

it takes on the exact same level of played-out tedium as every other rolling boulders and swinging blades dungeon, and throwing in annoying enemies doesn't do anything to alleviate it

LiQuid!

it takes on the exact same level of played-out tedium as every other rolling boulders and swinging blades dungeon, and throwing in annoying enemies doesn't do anything to alleviate it
There's literally 1 rolling boulder. And you can fight your way up to the motherfucker that's dropping them on you and smoke his dumb ass.

Nere

Dark Souls world is boring and the mechanics are jank? You couldn't be further from the truth. Souls games are popular because of the masterfully designed areas (especially the first half of DS which you consider boring) and the spot on mechanics and controls.

marrec

Banned
Jesus Universe stop making it hard for me to stan for you. Practice that Blink initiation a little bit more before the Major pls

Anyway, patch notes yet?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Dark Souls world is boring and the mechanics are jank? You couldn't be further from the truth. Souls games are popular because of the masterfully designed areas (especially the first half of DS which you consider boring) and the spot on mechanics and controls.

i actually kind of liked blighttown...i thought it was brooding and atmospheric. sens fortress is just a bunch of brown corridors with boulders and blades. it's nothing i haven't seen in a hundred other games.

'spot on mechanics and controls', okay. i mean i've done this before with souls stans, explained my grievances and been told either 'git gud' or 'no it's supposed to be like that', neither of which are good responses. so, juatever. i've given the game its due and i don't enjoy it, end of.

marrec

Banned
'spot on mechanics and controls', okay. i mean i've done this before with souls stans, explained my grievances and been told either 'git gud' or 'no it's supposed to be like that', neither of which are good responses. so, juatever. i've given the game its due and i don't enjoy it, end of.

If it helps, I totally agree that the combat mechanics are janky af and the user interface is a joke. It seems intentional on From Soft's part tho.

LiQuid!

2 Bear feeds in Dark Souls just like he feeds in Dota, none of this comes as a shock to me.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
2 Bear feeds in Dark Souls just like he feeds in Dota, none of this comes as a shock to me.

i fed a ton in bloodborne and i still wanted to get better and finish it. when i feed in dark souls i'm just like, okay well i'm not really enjoying this anyway so w/e.

Soulsfanitis. Otherwise known as Stockholm syndrome.

I hope you get through your trauma.

Top Bottom