• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

shira

45rvH4E.png

pcBq3Pf.jpg

Stream 1: https://www.twitch.tv/esl_dota2
Stream 2: https://www.twitch.tv/esl_joindotared

- 6 matches
- 2 matches at a time for the opening round
- expect major delays

Tentative start time:
t1461294000z1.png

TL vs Mineski
CoL vs Wings

Followed by:
Secret vs Empire
Ehome vs Fnatic

Followed by:
Winner Liquid/Mineski vs Winner Secret/Empire

Followed by:
Winner CoL/Wings vs Winner Ehome/Fnatic

shira

We have a split crew with the majority working on set up and rehearsals (including analysis desk) at the Mall of Asia today while the casters are broadcasting from Mineski Studios on the other side of the city. With that in mind we decided not to do a panel today and just focus on a limited broadcast and save the panel and additional content for tomorrow and sunday. The panel will rehearse today and when slacks arrives in a few hours we will be sending him off to do weird things.

No panels, no gambling sponsor predictions
goodjob.gif

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
maybe i missed it but what happened?
TM let me buy more than limit and I read that they will just cancel all of your tickets automatically. You can't cancel on website and phone was busy for 4 days, didn't get email reply within 48 hours (the refund window), was fed wrong information, etc.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I have a lot of issues with it, but I still want to believe in the hero shooter/MOBA hybrid formula and I had fun with it in spite of its shortcomings (it's a visual and auditory DISASTER compared to the design brilliance that is Overwatch). I find myself thinking about it a lot after the beta. I definitely wouldn't say it's "dreadful"

bbd23

there was way too much shit happening on the screen but I thought it was pretty cool.

the classes were fun to try but its not something I would pay 80 canadian for...especially when overwatch is only $50

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
If I do end up picking it up it'll be from a key reseller. G2A has it for $33 USD, which is the price I would pay for a game I only want (the PVP) half of.

I have a lot of issues with it, but I still want to believe in the hero shooter/MOBA hybrid formula and I had fun with it in spite of its shortcomings (it's a visual and auditory DISASTER compared to the design brilliance that is Overwatch). I find myself thinking about it a lot after the beta. I definitely wouldn't say it's "dreadful"

Word. Yea, I don't find myself thinking about it at all. I found the gunplay unenjoyable, the visual clarity non-existant, the sound effects and audio queues ineffective, and the overall visual design to be a hotass mess or ugly characters, ugly effects, and awful designs at their core. The visual design, gunplay, visual clarity and audio presentation of Overwatch laughs at it in comparison.

I do agree that the genre is ripe for a good FPS entry. I don't think Battleborn is that entry and I'm surprised that Gearbox -- who I think does FPS better than most -- could fuck this game up so much.

LiQuid!

Battleborn, like Overwatch isn't designed with any type of F2P model, so I don't see how that's possible. Friend of mine is rebelling against Overwatch hype and saying he'll get it when it's F2P, I'm like man, they are selling that shit on consoles for $60 with almost zero monetization built in, how would that even transition to F2P? Best case scenario BB will eventually get down under $10 on Steam sale.

Even tho I agree with everything Dreams says about BB's visual and sound design, until Blizzard adds a MOBA-inspired mode to Overwatch there isn't any other place I can get a hybrid style game like that, which is why I want to play more of it. I've said since the first day I played Overwatch that it could stand to lean harder on MOBAs, but that's not the game they made. I love it the way it is, but I also want MORE.

Acinixys

Battleborn looks bad
Lawbreakers looks bad
Paragon looks bad
Doom looks bad

The only PvP game coming out this year that looks good is Overwatch

But Blizzard still hasnt confirmed that Africa will be getting servers. So im not spending $60 to play an FPS at 250 ping on EU servers
rage.gif

TUSR

Banned
VoHiYo VoHiYo VoHiYo VoHiYo VoHiYo VoHiYo VoHiYo VoHiYo VoHiYo VoHiYo VoHiYo VoHiYo VoHiYo VoHiYo VoHiYo VoHiYo VoHiYo VoHiYo VoHiYo VoHiYo VoHiYo VoHiYo VoHiYo VoHiYo VoHiYo VoHiYo VoHiYo VoHiYo VoHiYo VoHiYo VoHiYo VoHiYo VoHiYo

Qvoth

I'm gonna give secret benefit of the doubt and say they have 2 new members and so will take time to gel
But if this still happens in manila major then the current secret iteration is officially hopeless

Top Bottom